Author Topic: Video Game Bargain Thread  (Read 173714 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Video Game Bargain Thread
« Reply #945 on: June 25, 2014, 05:19:03 AM »
Spec Ops: The Line is on sale for 6 bucks right now... BUY THE FUCK OUT OF THAT PEOPLE.
agreed

Damn, I missed out. It's up to $10 now. At least on Steam.

Still worth it

Okay, I don't play too many FPSs, but I'll give it a shot.

Just a note: You're not supposed to have fun.

That explains so much.  No wonder I've never enjoyed FPSs, I'm not supposed to!
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1785
« Reply #946 on: June 25, 2014, 10:48:41 AM »
Anyone play the Banner Saga?  It's $13 on steam.  Looks pretty cool, but again, not 100% sold.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #947 on: June 25, 2014, 12:50:03 PM »
Anyone play the Banner Saga?  It's $13 on steam.  Looks pretty cool, but again, not 100% sold.

I'm interested in playing it too. I'm not going to buy it now because the graphics/art style looks pretty timeless and I figured I could pick it up for even cheaper down the line. I'm also pretty sure it's available on GOG so I will probably wait for it to go on sale there.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #948 on: June 25, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
If you played the new Wolfenstein and liked it you should check out Singularity (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATF5YY8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ATF5YY8&linkCode=as2&tag=indkin-20&linkId=RYSEFVD57BZX2D6K) it's on sale for $7 and very worth it. The game is highly under rated and looks fantastic.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #949 on: June 25, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »
If you played the new Wolfenstein and liked it you should check out Singularity (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATF5YY8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ATF5YY8&linkCode=as2&tag=indkin-20&linkId=RYSEFVD57BZX2D6K) it's on sale for $7 and very worth it. The game is highly under rated and looks fantastic.

Yoink! I love a good 1st person horror shooter.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #950 on: June 25, 2014, 09:57:40 PM »

Anyone here playing wasteland 2?  It looks pretty fun, I like that type of gameplay, but I'm not 100% sold yet.  It's on sale for $40, but that's not a deep enough sale for a completely blind purchase.

I backed the Kickstarter as Wasteland is my second favorite RPG. But it's still in beta at this time, so I'd recommend that if you buy it, don't play it until it's officially released. Because why spoil the game by playing it before it's done? This isn't, say, FTL, which in beta and after, will play different every time. It's a RPG. You only get to play the story once for the first time. But I'd say buy it. But keep in mind, I've been waiting 20+ years for a sequel, so I'm not exactly unbiased.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #951 on: June 26, 2014, 12:29:06 AM »

Anyone here playing wasteland 2?  It looks pretty fun, I like that type of gameplay, but I'm not 100% sold yet.  It's on sale for $40, but that's not a deep enough sale for a completely blind purchase.

Agreed, I loved the original Wasteland too (I only played it a few years ago). Like usual I plan to wait until it's finished before I pick it up. An early access game I might pick up is DayZ, but it's going to have to be on a pretty darn good sale.

I backed the Kickstarter as Wasteland is my second favorite RPG. But it's still in beta at this time, so I'd recommend that if you buy it, don't play it until it's officially released. Because why spoil the game by playing it before it's done? This isn't, say, FTL, which in beta and after, will play different every time. It's a RPG. You only get to play the story once for the first time. But I'd say buy it. But keep in mind, I've been waiting 20+ years for a sequel, so I'm not exactly unbiased.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1785
« Reply #952 on: June 26, 2014, 03:48:32 PM »

Good advice.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #953 on: June 26, 2014, 07:27:24 PM »
Can anyone recommend Crusader Kings 2 for 7.99?  I have literally no experience with grand strategy and it seems complicated as hell, but the concept sounds pretty cool and I know that there's a Game of Thrones mod, which is probably the biggest reason why I'm considering it.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #954 on: July 08, 2014, 11:08:31 AM »
Humble's doing another 2k bundle.

For any price:
Bioshock
Darkness II
The Bureau

Beat the average ($6.83 as I type this)
Bioshock 2
Mafia II
Spec Ops The Line
And more games soon

Beat $20
X-Com
Bioshock Infinite

$20 is a great price if you don't happen to already have those games, but if you're like me and have been accumulating 2k titles from the other time they've been on sale, eh.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #955 on: July 08, 2014, 01:50:23 PM »

For any price:
Bioshock
Darkness II
The Bureau

Bioshock 2
Mafia II
Spec Ops The Line
And more games soon

Beat $20
X-Com
Bioshock Infinite

$20 is a great price if you don't happen to already have those games, but if you're like me and have been accumulating 2k titles from the other time they've been on sale, eh.

I already have the Bioshock games, but Mafia II and Spec Ops are very tempting at the current price of $6.02. X-Com and Infinite are also tempting, but $20 is a bit more spending money than I have at the moment. I'm broke until Friday, though, so I'll see about getting it then.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #956 on: July 08, 2014, 03:05:45 PM »

For any price:
Bioshock
Darkness II
The Bureau

Bioshock 2
Mafia II
Spec Ops The Line
And more games soon

Beat $20
X-Com
Bioshock Infinite

I already have the Bioshock games, but Mafia II and Spec Ops are very tempting at the current price of $6.02. X-Com and Infinite are also tempting, but $20 is a bit more spending money than I have at the moment. I'm broke until Friday, though, so I'll see about getting it then.

Darkness II is really fun.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #957 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:52 PM »

For any price:
Bioshock
Darkness II
The Bureau

Bioshock 2
Mafia II
Spec Ops The Line
And more games soon

Beat $20
X-Com
Bioshock Infinite

I liked Mafia II. Very atmospheric if average in plot. One of the few games I played beginning to end without being distracted by other games.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #958 on: July 23, 2014, 01:40:15 PM »
Like The Sims? Don't?  Just like free stuff? Well, you can head to Origin right now and Redeem the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS and get a free copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. EA will no longer be updating Sims 2, since they're about to release Sims 4, but it's a pretty rock stable game at this point. And that's Sims 2 plus all 18 expansions.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:29:55 PM by Compound »

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #959 on: July 23, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »
Who would want to clutter their hard drive with a game they didnt like?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.