login

Author Topic: ... and Zombies  (Read 822 times)

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
... and Zombies
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »
You may have heard of the upcoming novel "Pride And Prejudice And Zombies", a retelling of Jane Austen's classic novel about two young lovers too stubborn to allow themselves to fall in love with each other, set against the backdrop of 16th century England in the midst of a zombie outbreak.  So I had the idea for a game.  The rules are thus... take a classic novel of your choosing, and figure out a way to work zombies into it.  Preferably a novel that does not already have zombies in it.  That would be cheating.  And you obviously don't have to come up with a whole novel, just a summary of it.

So...

Let's start with... the Hound of the Baskervilles
The Hound And Zombies Of The Baskervilles

Sherlock Holmes is contacted by a country doctor named Mortimer who suspects that his friend, sir Charles Baskerville's death might not have been natural, nor the result of an attack of the undead, as police believe.  Mortimer explains to Holmes and Watson that he believes that Baskerville's death may be connected with an old legend of a curse on the family manor, which is connected to the supposed curse which is alleged to have caused the dead of the region of Dartmoor to rise from their graves.  The legend involves an ancestor of Baskerville's hunting people for sport, only to run afoul of a witch, who summoned a demon dog to kill Baskerville's ancestor and all his successors.  Later when the people of the region tried her for witchcraft, she declared that the dead of Dartmoor would rise from their graves and attack her accusers and their children and their children's children for a thousand generations hence. 

The reason the doctor thinks that the zombies were not responsible for his death is that the zombies typically feast on the flesh of those they've killed immediately after they've killed them, whereas hours after Charles Baskerville's death, they found him stumbling around in the dark trying to attack anyone who got near him and eat their flesh.  Dr. Mortimer also saw the footprints of a large dog near where sir Charles fell when he died, before turning undead, but he didn't mention it to the police, because he wasn't sure if they'd believe him.  He asks Holmes and Watson to find out who or what killed Charles Baskerville, and protect his heir and nephew Henry Baskerville, who was arriving from Canada.  Holmes and Watson set upon the case, hoping to discover who or what is more dangerous in Dartmoor than a zombie horde.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104