Author Topic: Rifftrax Members On STEAM  (Read 36351 times)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
Re: Rifftrax Members On STEAM
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2015, 07:32:24 AM »
My Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048900749

So you were the recent stranger Steam invite. I clicked on you username and I saw that you were in the Rifftrax group and I knew were all right by me.

For some reason I've been getting a ton of spam friend requests on steam lately. It seemed to happen suddenly after I had 300 games in my library. My theory is that spammers have set their bots to focus on people with that many games because they figure I have more money or games to steal. The truth is that 90% of those games were gifted to me, or bought dirt cheap in a bundle.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3204
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2015, 09:55:44 AM »
I get targeted by spammers because I have the Max's Decapitated head hat for Team Fortress. I never play Team Fortress, but it's kind of a neat trump card to have. I used to blindly accept anyone, but than whenever I would, I'd be pestered with trade requests. (Glad I didn't accept them. When Steam put dollar amounts on everything I found out I would have been severely ripped off.)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2015, 10:07:04 AM »
Yeah, I get that too. "That $20 thing in your inventory? Here's two bucks of common items for it. " Gee, thanks.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2015, 06:53:43 PM »
It's tough, but I'm trying to play smart this year.  I'm saving up all my cards and cash in my steam wallet for next years summer sale, when making badges counts towards something more than just your level. 

I have so many cards that I could turn into badges.... but no, I must be strong.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4509
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2015, 06:12:38 PM »
Is it possible to have your steam account with two computers?  I'm kinda running out of memory with this one.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »
Is it possible to have your steam account with two computers?  I'm kinda running out of memory with this one.

Absolutely. And let's say one computer is more powerful than the other one, you can stream the game from the powerful machine onto the weaker one over your network, without having to download it onto the hard drive, and getting the better graphics of the more powerful PC.

Or you can just download the games normally. They make it very easy to carry your game library wherever you go.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2015, 10:41:52 PM »
So was that winter sale a couple weeks ago their big year-end sale? I thought it was usually around Christmas proper. I ask because I recently unloaded my severed Max head and Lugermorph and have about $80 burning a hole in my Steam wallet,  but I don't want to spend it now if everything's gonna be on sale in a week.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2015, 01:44:27 AM »
So was that winter sale a couple weeks ago their big year-end sale? I thought it was usually around Christmas proper. I ask because I recently unloaded my severed Max head and Lugermorph and have about $80 burning a hole in my Steam wallet,  but I don't want to spend it now if everything's gonna be on sale in a week.

There should be another sale. I want to say last year it started on the 18th. But Steam being the aloof asshole it is, it may just up and decide it doesn't feel like doing that this year. I would hold out until the 18th if you can.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »

That was the Thanksgiving sale.  There's going to be another holiday sale.  In fact, I remember seeing a headline saying it was leaked to be starting on the 22nd, which is tomorrow.

While on one hand the simplified sale they used last time makes more sense, I've been saving up my cards for a big sale so I can get a whole bunch of holiday cards or what have you.  So I personally hope they go back to their gimmicks, that were admittedly kind of fun.

EDIT:  Found it.  http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-winter-sale-begins-december-22/
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:49:11 PM by Variety of Cells »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2015, 12:43:52 PM »
Annnnnnd it's up.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2015, 12:55:26 PM »
Ooh. Nobunaga's Ambition is only $30. That felt like one of those titles that was going to sit there, ignored, at a $60 price tag nobody would ever want to pay. :^)

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2015, 01:59:18 PM »
I got a Steam Link and controller for X mas. I was initially super skeptical about the Steam controller but I feel most of the negative feedback it's gotten was unfair. I feel like a lot of people were expecting a controller that was better than a standard game pad and KB&M. Neither of those things are true and I don't think that was Valves intention. My experience with the Steam controller is that it is literally a Jack of all trades, and a master of none. That's not a bad thing because it's probably the most versatile gaming peripheral ever made. The level of customization on it is outstanding. There is literally nothing that it cannot handle on a PC as far as in input is concerned. With a little tinkering you can get it to do anything you can imagine.

The Steam Link also works exactly as advertised. I currently have it connected through an older WiFi router. There is a noticeable delay, although much less than I anticipated. There are also occasional graphical artifact and hitching. It works well for all games except ones the require super fast and precise inputs (i.e. Meat Boy, Downwell, Crypt of the Necrodancer). I suspect when I run cable to it it will work great.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2015, 10:28:23 PM »
I got a Steam Link and controller for X mas. I was initially super skeptical about the Steam controller but I feel most of the negative feedback it's gotten was unfair. I feel like a lot of people were expecting a controller that was better than a standard game pad and KB&M. Neither of those things are true and I don't think that was Valves intention. My experience with the Steam controller is that it is literally a Jack of all trades, and a master of none. That's not a bad thing because it's probably the most versatile gaming peripheral ever made. The level of customization on it is outstanding. There is literally nothing that it cannot handle on a PC as far as in input is concerned. With a little tinkering you can get it to do anything you can imagine.

The Steam Link also works exactly as advertised. I currently have it connected through an older WiFi router. There is a noticeable delay, although much less than I anticipated. There are also occasional graphical artifact and hitching. It works well for all games except ones the require super fast and precise inputs (i.e. Meat Boy, Downwell, Crypt of the Necrodancer). I suspect when I run cable to it it will work great.

Nice!  And well put. I didn't anticipate the steam controller to be so customizable, but you're right, that's its best feature. The track pads aren't better joysticks than joysticks, but they are better track balls than joysticks, and they are better button pads than joysticks.

And I've mentioned before that I don't have a steam link, but I do use wired in-home streaming, and it works great, without noticeable lag.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2015, 09:06:47 PM »
Ho ho.  I thought this was going to be like the Thanksgiving sale, where everything was on sale for a set price from start to end.  But I see that Far Cry 4 is $20 at the moment, and wasn't on sale at all at the beginning.  I've had my eye on it for a while, but didn't want to spend $50.  This lowers it into my comfort zone.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!