login

Author Topic: TRANSFORMERS - Trailer Out Now.  (Read 10416 times)

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
Re: TRANSFORMERS - Trailer Out Now.
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »
the difference between the Ark arriving millions of years ago, and the robots arriving in 'pods' or something in the modern day is not a mere cosmetic change though

How so?  Either way you still end up with aliens looking like firetrucks and what have you trying bash one another heads in since despite their robotic targeting cant hit the broadside of the barn with their blasters. 
And it doesn't matter when they do. :^) When a Transformer gets hit by another TF's blast, it seems to  be the equivalent of a slap in the face. :^)

And yet they slaughtered each other in the TF Movie.

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »
the difference between the Ark arriving millions of years ago, and the robots arriving in 'pods' or something in the modern day is not a mere cosmetic change though

How so?  Either way you still end up with aliens looking like firetrucks and what have you trying bash one another heads in since despite their robotic targeting cant hit the broadside of the barn with their blasters. 

You may end up in the same place, but not from the same origins. That's a core story change (one of those unnecessary changes I mentioned), no matter the similarities in the action. It's a difference between humans finding out there's intelligent life out there (and robotic at that), and "Hey, intelligent life exists elsewhere, it's robotic, and... what the heck!? it made it to earth 4 million years ago?! GASP!"

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2007, 04:38:10 PM »
yeah im still not seeing the overwhelming importance of it.   

ps i think optimus prime should be a dune buggy. 

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2007, 04:52:22 PM »
  And yet they slaughtered each other in the TF Movie.

Optimus always got the short end of the stick. He was killed by issue 5 in the comic, brought back later on somewhere only to die again, and then they go and kill him in the movie. And who do we get to replace him? Some lame punk. :P

As for the original cartoon TV series, well, he didn't die, but due to the always popular "reset the world back to normal at the end of the show" he never lived up to his potential to finally bring down Megatron. That always made me sad.

And THEN they had to make him a gorilla in beast wars? what the heck?! beast wars was dumb. I mean, it had nice CG, and the story telling wasn't bad or anything, but that was just more toy marketing and clashed with the original story that they arrived on earth by crashing and didn't wake up again until the modern day. Plus I wasn't fond of the beast theme that much. it was the robots turning into vehicles that was cool. not mere animals, tho I guess I'll grant an exception to the Dinobots. Heh. How cool would that be to see Grimlock show up in the live movie? ;D

• Compsognathus
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2007, 05:13:39 PM »
How cool would that be to see Grimlock show up in the live movie

Cause the only place he blends into is the natural history museum ;)

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2007, 05:30:19 PM »
How cool would that be to see Grimlock show up in the live movie

Cause the only place he blends into is the natural history museum ;)

And given their current bastardization of the original series, this would stop them from doing so... how? ;)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3039
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2007, 05:59:45 PM »
Now if Hanna Barbara were doing Transformers, they'd have some schmoe on the stret see Grimlock and say, "Whew. THAT'S not a robot that's just *DRAMATIC PAUSE* A TYRANNOSAURUS REX! Then he'd run away to the sound of bongo drums followed by a ZIP-CHEEEW sound. :^)

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2007, 06:08:15 PM »
Now if Hanna Barbara were doing Transformers, they'd have some schmoe on the stret see Grimlock and say, "Whew. THAT'S not a robot that's just *DRAMATIC PAUSE* A TYRANNOSAURUS REX! Then he'd run away to the sound of bongo drums followed by a ZIP-CHEEEW sound. :^)

Zoinks! Scooby, that's not a bone you want to pick!

• Compsognathus
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2007, 06:12:06 PM »
Personally i hope thats EXACTLY how bay does it.  Ill be there opening night and ill here SCREAMS of anguish as every overzealous nerd begins to cry and anganize over their childhood being ripped to shred.  that alone would be awesome, the fact ill have popcorn to go with it: priceless.

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2007, 08:29:48 PM »
Personally i hope thats EXACTLY how bay does it.  Ill be there opening night and ill here SCREAMS of anguish as every overzealous nerd begins to cry and anganize over their childhood being ripped to shred.  that alone would be awesome, the fact ill have popcorn to go with it: priceless.

Priceless? I don't recall theater snacks ever being listed as 'complimentary'. Or will it come free with your $10 soft drink?

• Compsognathus
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2007, 08:25:17 AM »
I didnt say it was free popcorn.  i said it was priceless,  which is like a van gogh.  Its priceless but still costs a lot of money ;)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2007, 08:56:06 AM »

Priceless? I don't recall theater snacks ever being listed as 'complimentary'. Or will it come free with your $10 soft drink?

Subject? Meet Predicate!

• Compsognathus
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2007, 09:02:07 AM »
away with ye and your grammar rules demon, ill not be fooled by your trickery