login

Author Topic: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather  (Read 351826 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather
« Reply #3225 on: May 22, 2016, 05:02:46 PM »
Are you still in Tennessee, Imrahil?    I haven't posted much, lately...but, you sure were on my mind this Spring!  ;D   I drove about 30,000 miles storm chasing, spotting and watching.   I thought of you every time there was serious rain in "southern" Tennessee.   That happened many, many times.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3226 on: May 22, 2016, 05:06:52 PM »
Are you still in Tennessee, Imrahil?    I haven't posted much, lately...but, you sure were on my mind this Spring!  ;D   I drove about 30,000 miles storm chasing, spotting and watching.   I thought of you every time there was serious rain in "southern" Tennessee.   That happened many, many times.
What about that tornado you went through that you were gonna post pics of?? :o

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #3227 on: May 22, 2016, 05:09:26 PM »
What about that tornado you went through that you were gonna post pics of?? :o

Thanks for reminding me!  I only have pics of the aftermath...the tornado was at night.  I'll post some here.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7909
« Reply #3228 on: May 22, 2016, 06:45:42 PM »

Yeah. We've had a really dry, cool spring. It's been awesome.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #3229 on: May 23, 2016, 07:16:46 PM »
It's been beautiful for the last week or so. But that all changes tomorrow when the dewpoints start to soar and are expected to stay that way until well into next week.

I have air conditioning, but I was hoping I'd get at least another month or so before I'd have to seal the house up like a coffin and triple my electric bill. And eventually during that week, I WILL have to leave the house. >_< I've lost a hell of a lot of weight since last summer, though, so I'm hoping that will mitigate things some.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3230 on: May 24, 2016, 09:14:13 AM »
The potential is growing for a tropical/sub-tropical system off the Carolina coast for Memorial Day weekend :o
http://www.islandpacket.com/news/weather/article79486092.html

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3231 on: May 26, 2016, 06:15:00 PM »
Up to 80% chance of formation now :o
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=2

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7909
« Reply #3232 on: May 26, 2016, 07:04:59 PM »
Sadly, we need rain. I just wish it would all happen overnight while I don't have to deal with it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3233 on: May 26, 2016, 07:38:11 PM »
I have friends living in Charleston, SC that are starting to panic already..
I told them, you know the I-26 to I-77 escape route.. Use It if you have to! ::)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3234 on: May 27, 2016, 04:49:16 AM »

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #3235 on: May 27, 2016, 12:02:36 PM »
One of the things I like about Michigan is we really aren't prone to those kinds of natural disasters.

Hurricanes don't get this far inland. No fault lines nearby, so no earthquakes. You get the rare tornado, but they're not very strong, nothing like what they get in the plains states. Snows like a motherfucker in the winter, though, thanks to lake effect snow.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3236 on: May 27, 2016, 01:05:36 PM »
The only real hurricane I remember here was Hugo in September of 89, other than that, just rain-makers so these types of tropical systems are rather pleasant to experience 8)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3237 on: June 02, 2016, 12:42:16 PM »
Humidity broke way sooner than predicted, and even before that it didn't get nearly as bad as they predicted. I was quite comfortable in here the whole time without needing the air conditioning. I understand it was hotter and muggier inland a bit, but YAY! "cooler by the lake" ^_^

Another week or so of 70ish and comfortable humidity forecast. Then they're calling for for the dewpoints to go up again, but I've heard many times that anything past like three or four days and they might as well just read chicken entrails to forecast the weather. And I just lived through the proof of that. So, we'll see. ^_^

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3238 on: June 02, 2016, 12:48:01 PM »
Heat & humidity has returned to the Carolinas as well as pop-up thunderstorms which cools things down nicely..
Yesterday I was burning up the remnants of a particle board desk from a former roommate in my outdoor fireplace when a storm hit and the steam coming off the hot rocks was impressive :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3239 on: June 05, 2016, 02:35:01 PM »
Nasty line of storms is almost here.