Author Topic: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather  (Read 352139 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather
« Reply #1695 on: June 19, 2012, 11:24:19 AM »
I wish! Since I am incapable of dressing up, my business casual is my every day work clothes.

I guess you need to dress down further then.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #1696 on: June 19, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »
I wish! Since I am incapable of dressing up, my business casual is my every day work clothes.

I guess you need to dress down further then.

If I dress down any further I get written up. "Those pants don't reach your ankle. Are they capris? Your shoes don't have a back to them so you can't wear them any more. If the cardigan you're wearing has a hood, you're not allowed to wear it in the office." And so on.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1697 on: June 21, 2012, 09:02:34 AM »
Well I think 3 hours of work is enough for me for the day.  It's way too hot out here in Boston to be walking around outside measuring houses & whatnot.  Especially since I have to wear long sleeve shirts to cover my tattoos.  (Technically I don't "have" to, but since I'm basically asking people to let me in their house to do inspections without prior notice, having my tats covered is in my best interest since I get paid per house.)

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #1698 on: June 21, 2012, 01:07:31 PM »
For a second day in a row my company shut some bindery lines down and sent some people home at noon (me included) to reduce the strain on the area's power supply.  Temperature about 96 in Lancaster County PA.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1699 on: June 21, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »
Yeah, the wife and I are supposed to go to a minor league ballgame tonight, but I don't really want to go if it's this fucking hot.

Which teams?

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #1700 on: June 22, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »
Yeah, the wife and I are supposed to go to a minor league ballgame tonight, but I don't really want to go if it's this fucking hot.

Which teams?

Nashville Sounds (AAA for the Brewers) and [their opponents].  We had a blast at a game earlier this year--they do "Throwback Thursdays" which means that beer and hot dogs are $2 each.  They didn't wear olde tymey uniforms last time, but that was OK, cos they had $2 beer.  And that included PBR instead of just shitty miller and bud products.  I was offended that they even sold Budweiser at a Brewers farm team stadium, but there you go.

Well, we didn't end up going. It's just hard to motivate yourself to drive an hour each way for a minor league game in 95 degree heat. So we just went out to dinner and to Lowe's instead.  You know, boring married shit.  I liked it.

Boring married shit is the best. I'm looking forward to my youngest going off to college so it will be just APGIL and me on the weekends mostly. We've never had that.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1701 on: June 22, 2012, 12:34:15 PM »
Unfortunately, we also had violent stomach cramps later (lots of fried food we're not used to).  Still, a good evening.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/18TLHhhHZCA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/18TLHhhHZCA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #1702 on: June 22, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »
The heat is giving way to slightly milder temperatures (highs in the upper 80s tomorrow), but it's not leaving without a fight.  There's a storm approaching and I hear thunder.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1703 on: June 24, 2012, 03:07:15 PM »
Just had a 30 minute deluge of non-stop heavy rain and flash flood warnings went up after 10 minutes of it starting :o
Proly got at least 2 inches out of this storm..

These storms seem to just pop up and don't move then just rain themselves out.. Pretty impressive!

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #1704 on: June 25, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »
Just had a 30 minute deluge of non-stop heavy rain and flash flood warnings went up after 10 minutes of it starting :o
Proly got at least 2 inches out of this storm..

Same here, except is was around 5pm. A huge ass thunder-storm started just before I left work, and ended just after I got home. Typical. Many of the roads around here are notorious for flooding. Fortunately my engine didn't stall, but it's come very close to doing so more than once.

I run a pack and mail store, and I was waiting around for the Fed-Ex driver. He's supposed to be here at 4:30pm. By 5:30 I called Fed-Ex, who called the dispatcher, who called the driver... Turned out he'd run his truck off the road due to the weather. So, sorry whoever it was that left that package, but it's not getting there on schedule, and I'm not waiting for them to tow that truck out of a ditch.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1705 on: June 28, 2012, 09:09:11 AM »
SHIT!
After the 95 degree day today, it will be..

Fri Jun 29
104°

71°

Sat Jun 30
106°

76°

Sun Jul 1
101°

75°

Mon Jul 2
99°

73°

No chance of rain! NONE! :speechless:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #1706 on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »
This means, put the sprinklers out, drink beer, give ice to bunny, and stay in and watch Rifftrax.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #1707 on: June 28, 2012, 09:51:36 AM »
give ice to bunny

This is really good advice. When it was hot out I used to add water to an empty half-gallon milk container (cardboard, because rabbits chew everything and you don't want him chewing plastic) and freeze it to put in my bunnies' cages so they could keep cool. Your rabbit is in a bigger cage with access to the ground so it shouldn't be too bad, but it can't hurt to help him beat the heat.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

MontyServo

« Reply #1708 on: June 28, 2012, 09:59:10 AM »
Or bring him in the house, pour him some PBR (bunnies drink PBR right?), and let him watch Rifftrax with you.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1709 on: June 28, 2012, 10:06:05 AM »
He'll have to survive the elements today and tomorrow because I ain't takin the bunny to work, but I will put some ice in the water bowl Saturday and Sunday while I watch Rifftrax inside my air conditioned house 8)