login

Author Topic: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather  (Read 352335 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 261
Re: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather
« Reply #3855 on: April 05, 2019, 06:59:40 PM »
Too warm for snow really, but it snowed here every day this week except for today- one day we got maybe an inch, but it melted within an hour of falling. Supposed to be near 60 both days this weekend, so yard clean up as long as it doesn't rain.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3856 on: April 05, 2019, 07:04:10 PM »
Strong to possibly severe thunderstorms are in the forecast here Sunday afternoon, all day Monday & Tuesday with highs in the upper 70s.. And I just happen to be off work on Monday afternoon and Tuesday ... PERFECT! :-X

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3857 on: April 08, 2019, 01:49:57 PM »
60 and rain yesterday. Near 70 and sunny today.
Forecast for Wednesday night and Thursday day calling for temps around freezing and up to 12 inches of snow. Not quite the April blizzard we got last year, but sucks if the forecast is accurate.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3858 on: April 08, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »
Had our first severe line of thunderstorms of 2019 roll through between 5-5:30pm.
Close cloud to ground lightning strikes near my house and torrential rains but not much straight line winds that was in the forecast.. Still pretty impressive :o

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #3859 on: April 09, 2019, 04:42:33 PM »
A pretty big round of rain is coming tomorrow, and might even... DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNNN... have a bit of snow mixed in.

Naturally, all the idiots in the area are freaking out. I mean, it's gonna be a high around 50 for both those days, and wet, and followed by more rain, and then back to seasonal temperatures next week. So, what the hell do THEY think is gonna happen?

This is WORSE than the morons who panic in November when the first few flakes (that instantly melt on contact with the ground) are forecast. Only this is worse because the snow only went away a couple weeks ago. Is their memory of how to handle it THAT SHORT?

If this is our "zombie winter" for the year, I'LL TAKE IT! This time last year it really WAS snowing, and cold enough to accumulate and linger. It was 20-30 degrees below normal through the end of April. Short memory.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3860 on: April 10, 2019, 05:50:22 PM »
60 and rain yesterday. Near 70 and sunny today.
Forecast for Wednesday night and Thursday day calling for temps around freezing and up to 12 inches of snow. Not quite the April blizzard we got last year, but sucks if the forecast is accurate.
So after a couple of days near 70, yesterday and today had highs of near 40. Forecast was changed from a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow to 3 to 5 inches. Was supposed to start around midnight tonight. Started snowing about 7:30, so we might get hit with more than the 3 to 5, but still probably won't get the foot. Then supposed to be around 50 for Friday and the weekend. Hate April snow, but at least it won't be the 30 inches we got over a 2 day period almost these exact dates in April a year ago.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #3861 on: April 10, 2019, 06:57:08 PM »
Damned wind was blowing 55-60 MPH across the state today. It's going to be calmer tomorrow but some regions are going to be seeing snow.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3862 on: April 13, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »
We had a monster of a storm system yesterday! We got over 3 inches of rain in a 2 hour period. Lots of flooding and a few roads washed out here. Good thing I drove my truck as the road I was on was really flooded. The one post office I do PO Box mail at had a leak in the roof and was starting to run across the floor :o Nothing I could do but do my job and leave.
More severe weather is in the forecast today with damaging winds and hail with possible tornadoes :scared:

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #3863 on: April 18, 2019, 03:13:48 PM »
I posted this in RT Live, but I figured this is probably more appropriate here.

Our part of Birmingham is under high alert for heavy thunderstorms, tornadoes, and 60mph winds tonight until Friday morning. For safety's sake, I'll have to catch the encore showing of Octaman next week. Besides, even if I went, I doubt the stream would come through very well. The satellite isn't usually very reliable during heavy thunderstorms.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3864 on: April 18, 2019, 03:27:50 PM »
Our part of Birmingham is under high alert for heavy thunderstorms, tornadoes, and 60mph winds tonight until Friday morning. For safety's sake, I'll have to catch the encore showing of Octaman next week. Besides, even if I went, I doubt the stream would come through very well. The satellite isn't usually very reliable during heavy thunderstorms.
We'll be getting that storm here in the Carolinas tomorrow afternoon :o

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #3865 on: April 19, 2019, 06:59:59 AM »

The high alert was canceled late evening. Got some rain and some close lightning/thunder for a half hour. A little windy. That was all. I could've gone, but I'm sure the satellite still would've been messed up. Hopefully it's not so bad for you guys, RVR.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3866 on: April 19, 2019, 11:13:42 AM »

The high alert was canceled late evening. Got some rain and some close lightning/thunder for a half hour. A little windy. That was all. I could've gone, but I'm sure the satellite still would've been messed up. Hopefully it's not so bad for you guys, RVR.
Thanks! Looks like a couple possible Tornadic thunderstorms are heading towards my locale.. :scared:
Got the NOAA weather radio with alarms going off along with the local radar and there's a nasty line moving into western SC moving east at 25-30mph :o

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #3867 on: April 19, 2019, 02:18:19 PM »
 :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3868 on: April 20, 2019, 09:18:56 AM »
All the predictions for nasty weather here last night were wrong, barely got half an inch of rain and not much wind.

Looks like it all slid off to the east, so maybe the Jersey shore got all that predicted rain.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3869 on: April 20, 2019, 10:31:37 AM »
Yeah we had lots of wind but not damaging winds and those storms just missed my locale by about 15 miles. Just scattered showers is all we had and today the back side of the storm system is moving through with more scattered rain showers with a high of only 64 :o