login

Author Topic: Is Hip Hop truly dead?  (Read 10018 times)

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: Is Hip Hop truly dead?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »
Till my tape popped.
Round about now! Since they say! I am the sexiest man in Jamaica!

Offline Thorns of Crimson Death

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2008, 12:39:15 PM »
Mainstream music will always suck. Why? Because it's the product of executive thinking and they always interfere with the creative process. A good case in point would be MST3k. Remember how much the studio wanted to change things for the movie?

Oh, come off it. You listen to nothing BUT mainstream music. And not good mainstream music, but the crappiest of the crappiest. Stop lying and claiming that you listen to good artists. You've never listened to anything good in your life.

::)

death to hip hop

Hey, you're entitled to you own opinion, but FUCK YOU.

edit:  I'm not being a Dick, I'm being a dude.

How can you comment on an attack on hip hop when you've never heard good hip hop in your life?

I'm coming out of retirement on your sorry ass to point out the painfully obvious.  I can comment on an attack on Hip-Hop because I KNOW WHAT GOOD HIP-HOP IS.  I have my own radio show devoted to it.  I've interviewed GOOD artists.  I've met GOOD artists.  I ONLY PLAY GOOD HIP-HOP on the show.

You're not the final authority on what's good and what isn't, especially when it comes to Hip-Hop.

You think ICP is "good" Hip-Hop.  You have absolutely no credibility in this debate.
A spell was cast and the sky turned red.  The Angel's heart froze to ice.  Roses of blood from an innocent soul.  On the plain lies an Angel dead.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »
Mainstream music will always suck. Why? Because it's the product of executive thinking and they always interfere with the creative process. A good case in point would be MST3k. Remember how much the studio wanted to change things for the movie?

Oh, come off it. You listen to nothing BUT mainstream music. And not good mainstream music, but the crappiest of the crappiest. Stop lying and claiming that you listen to good artists. You've never listened to anything good in your life.

death to hip hop

Hey, you're entitled to you own opinion, but FUCK YOU.

How can you comment on an attack on hip hop when you've never heard good hip hop in your life?

I'm coming out of retirement on your sorry ass to point out the painfully obvious.  I can comment on an attack on Hip-Hop because I KNOW WHAT GOOD HIP-HOP IS.  I have my own radio show devoted to it.  I've interviewed GOOD artists.  I've met GOOD artists.  I ONLY PLAY GOOD HIP-HOP on the show.

You're not the final authority on what's good and what isn't, especially when it comes to Hip-Hop.

You think ICP is "good" Hip-Hop.  You have absolutely no credibility in this debate.

I am making fun of you two, you fucking dumbass.

You think that Eminem is "good" Hip-Hop. You have absolutely no credibility in this debate. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Didn't you already get enough of having your ass kicked in that piece of shit thread you started? You are truly a fucking moron.

By the way, that your photo? It must have really tortured you to wear that bootleg ICP shirt, huh? ::)

(And by the way, "Fat Goth Kid" is wrong - juggalos are NOT fucking goths, you hillbilly.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 04:13:26 PM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Thorns of Crimson Death

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »
I NEVER said Eminem was "good", nor that I like him.  I simply said that he's BETTER than ICP will ever be, across the board.  Epic Fail on your behalf.
A spell was cast and the sky turned red.  The Angel's heart froze to ice.  Roses of blood from an innocent soul.  On the plain lies an Angel dead.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2008, 01:34:06 PM »
I NEVER said Eminem was "good", nor that I like him.  I simply said that he's BETTER than ICP will ever be, across the board.  Epic Fail on your behalf.

"Eminem's got mad skills, yo, fuck y'all clowns, nigga, Esham, Cage, Kool Keith, ICP and Madlib r teh ghey. Blleeeeeh bleeeeeh bleeeeh."

By the way, why do you like Ill Bill if you hate juggalos? Pretty sure this disqualifies you from ever making another derogatory statement about a culture you do not understand.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 02:04:17 PM by Isaac »

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »
 :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( >:D :spammer: :angry: :grr: :clap: :speechless: :rimshot: :scared: :gouge: :highfive: :highfive: :duel: :violin: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
On timeout

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire
We don't need no water let the motherfucker burn
Burn, motherfucker, BURRRRRRRRRRRN

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2008, 09:06:35 PM »
Keep trying to keep it real by keeping it raw.
While half of ya'll still be keeping it flaw!
And all the real heads scream fuck hip hop!
Until this mediocre bullshit stops.
Round about now! Since they say! I am the sexiest man in Jamaica!

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »
http://www.theboombox.com/2008/12/31/soulja-boy-claims-nas-killed-hip-hop/

Rapper Soulja Boy Tell Em took to his blog, once again, to stir up some controversy. This time around Queens, N.Y. emcee Nas is his latest target. According to Soulja Boy, Nas killed hip-hop by stating that it was dead. "He came out publicly and said, 'Hip-Hop is dead' and then after that everybody started saying 'hip-hop is dead,'" he says sitting at a table with friends.

"If Nas would've never said hip-hop died then they would've never had that terminology." The Atlanta rapper went on to say that Nas "messed up everybody's money" by publicly claiming the death of the genre. "He killed his own career when he said that."

No stranger to controversy, the 18-year-old rapper has been in the news lately for his candid blog entries which find him giving his fans a look into a day in his life. Recently the rapper publicly apologized to his fans and their parents for his sometimes obscene comments and promised to be a better role model.

His second album, 'iSouljaBoyTellEm,' was released earlier this month selling over 40,000 units in its first week compared to his 2007 debut which sold over 100,000 records in its first week.

This guy is a fucking idiot.