Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica **SPOILERS**  (Read 51016 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »
I was forgetting exodus 1 and 2 were part of season 3.

My post came off a lot more angry then i meant it too.

I think the main problem may be that durring the weak run of episodes in season three I discovered Babylon 5 on DvD and it raised the bar for storytelling in Sci-Fi shows for me.  I am even having trouble watching some of the new Doctor Who's now.

Plot holes and people acting out of character are jumping out at me in a way they never did before.

Look season 3 had some good bits and I give the producers credit for that but for me it seemed to be mostly about people wining,acting stupid,cylons sleeping with Baltar, Balter being treated like a hero by the people of the fleet all of the sudden,and nothing the Cylons did made lick of sense.

I hope season 4 changes the trend and I will give tonights episode a try,but between the episode two weeks ago that was nothing but people saying "BSG is the greatest thing ever produced by the human race" and last weeks episode I think the shows writers and producers have become like Gorge Lucas and now think that they are the greatest storytellers that ever lived and are not putting any thought into the scripts any more.

I really hope I am proved wrong but after being burned in recent years by both Star trek and Star Wars I am starting to lose hope.

Sorry that's just the way i feel.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 09:02:21 PM »
I really hope I am proved wrong but after being burned in recent years by both Star trek and Star Wars I am starting to lose hope.

Well, I thought tonight's episode was way better than last weeks, so I think they are back on track....

I know what you mean about being let down, good shows always seem to get yanked, and bad ones stay on for years, science fiction being no different than other types.   You know even B5 was almost pulled without a proper ending, as it is they had to wrap things up a season sooner than they wanted...

Then there were the sequels to B5 that were not as good, so you never know, it takes that magical combination of cast and writing to make something good.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 10:33:06 PM »
Glad to here about tonights episode.

I recorded it and will watch it tomorrow and let you know what i think.

I have only made it to season four of B5 so far(I am watching it via netflix so it takes time)but so far everything is lining up and making sense,and it doesn't feel like the people working on the show got their heads stuck up their asses like most people do when their shows get lots of praise from credits.

Don't get me I love BSG the first two season were some of the best tv ever made,it's just since the middle of season three it has felt like the producers had no idea were the story was going and just kept pulling stuff out of thin air in order to make enought episodes to fill out the season.

In a way I kind of wish they had stuck to 13 episode seasons as it would have given them a lot more time to work on the scripts.

But all in all even the bad points of season three can't change the fact that BSG is one of the best Sci-Fi shows ever made.

Glad to hear  that they have gotten back on track.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 07:25:54 AM »
That was the best episode since season 2.

It's nice to see Bill and Lee getting along for a change.

It was also good to hear someone tell Rosland what a stupid selfish bitch she is.

I think the Cylons have had it though.

I don't think they are a threat any more.

Nice to see someone finally begin to notice that Baltar is talking to people who are not there.

So after about a season off track it seems the show is back on track.

I can't wait for next week's episode.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 10:04:53 AM »
It was a good one, they aired both 1 and 2 last night and viewing them together as one episode makes the first one seem better.

Nice little touches like the wide shots of the fleet showing the ships being repaired.

The 6's are such baddasses, one of them helps wipe out the colonies and now another one is going to help her own race self destruct, cool...

Lucy Lawless is supposed to be back for a bunch of episodes, should be fun to see how she gets involved with the Cylon civil war.

Interesting bit Cavel said about the original programmers programing them not to even think about the final 5, for their own safety, another hint about something that was planted in the past by someone/thing/people with knowledge of how the future unfolds.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:06:38 AM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Doctor Who?

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2008, 10:25:31 AM »
I wonder if they will tell us this season who programed the Cylons,or if they are saving that for the spin off.

I think i would gladly watch a a season or two that was just about the Cylon civil war.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »
Man this thread is killing me... I'm trying not to read it, I'm still getting caught up. I started watching Season One last week and I'm up to Season Three now, so very soon I will be able to watch the new eps I've been recording... this has been an awesome experience being able to watch all the previous seasons 3 or 4 or 5 eps a day for the last week, lol...
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 09:48:54 AM »
Man this thread is killing me... I'm trying not to read it, I'm still getting caught up. I started watching Season One last week and I'm up to Season Three now, so very soon I will be able to watch the new eps I've been recording... this has been an awesome experience being able to watch all the previous seasons 3 or 4 or 5 eps a day for the last week, lol...

Same here. I stopped watching the show right after the third season came out, and I've been out of the loop for a while now. I purchased season 3 and watched almost the entire thing in a weekend. I finally got caught up, and now I'm bigger into the show than I ever was. I'm so anxious to see the final Cylon!

This is getting much better and more intriguing.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 10:26:53 AM »
Yeah, I finally got caught up and watched the first two season 4 episodes on Friday.  The only thing I haven't seen yet is Razor, but it's coming from netflix tomorrow.

Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »
Razor is pretty useless.  It's basically just deleted scenes from Season 2 and 3 cut into a movie.
On timeout

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 11:05:28 AM »
But the cool part is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
Razor is pretty useless.  It's basically just deleted scenes from Season 2 and 3 cut into a movie.

That's going a bit far, as a stand alone episode it's pretty good, it just doesn't do much for the main story arc.

If you only watched the version that was aired on cable then I can see coming to that conclusion, on the DVD you get to see why Kane was the way she was, why they were so evil to the 6, and get to hear some extra teasers from the first hybrid at the end.  But I'll agree that giving more character development to a dead character (Kane) is a bit on the useless side.

Of course if Kane is resurrected and is the 5th Cylon that would be wild, I wonder if the final 5 can resurrect?

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 02:41:07 PM »
No, I saw the DVD of it.  I stand by my statement.

Kane was just a sadist.  The fact that her lesbian lover turned out to be a Cylon didn't explain to me why she let them rape the 6.
That's just fucked up. 

The only way Razor is worth watching is for the Hybrid part, but I listened to one of the Audiobooks of the new Battlestar Galactica where they explained a whole lot more about the hybrids so even that part didn't excite me too much.

There was all this build up for that movie, and it was just hype.
On timeout

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 09:24:48 PM »
No, I saw the DVD of it.  I stand by my statement.

Kane was just a sadist.  The fact that her lesbian lover turned out to be a Cylon didn't explain to me why she let them rape the 6.
That's just fucked up. 

Well, the part with her as a little kid would explain why she was what she was, and why she hated the Cylons so much.  I'm not defending her, just that those parts answered some questions that were lingering about her.  It also answered the questions about what happened to the civilian fleet that Pegasus found, so it does fill in some stuff from season 2, I liked how they paralleled what was happening on Pegasus with what was happening on Galactica.

They pretty much said it would be a stand alone thing, and it wouldn't add to the main story arc back when they first started talking about making Razor, so I guess my expectations were not as high as yours.  I think it could have been edited better, especially the transitions to the flashbacks, but if it were just an episode in season 2 I don't think people would be so hard on it...

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »
I think the Razor conversation just shows has the network decisions are really hurting this show.  The decision to wait an entire YEAR between seasons 3 and 4 was fucking retarded, especially when you consider that we're only getting half of season 4 right now and then we have to wait until 2009 for the back 10 episodes.  So we're in the middle of seeing 10 episodes aired during a 2 year period.

With that going on right now, NO 2 hour movie was going to live up to the waiting period.  If Razor had aired in the middle of a six month break between seasons or as the 4th season premiere after only a four month wait I think it would have been fine.  But as it is, it's all we can do to give a fuck.  Sooner or later you get sick and tired of WAITING and you start getting pissed off.
"Did she just say Chipping?"