Author Topic: Anyone here watch the A-Z Marathon on MTV2???  (Read 1067 times)

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 58
Anyone here watch the A-Z Marathon on MTV2???
« on: November 25, 2014, 08:52:44 PM »
There are two myths about the channel MTV2. One is that it was the greatest music video channel you never got to see, because your cable company did not add it until a few weeks after they changed the format. The other is that the greatest music event in television history was the A-Z Marathon shown on MTV2 in 2000, where for 7 months the channel aired every single music video in the MTV library in alphabetical order. If you believe either one of these myths then you never had MTV2 when it was still called M2. If you did have M2 during the 90s then you know what a waste of time both the channel and the marathon was.

For those of you who did not get to see the marathon and feel like you missed something important, here is the truth about the A-Z Marathon:

http://stethacantus.hubpages.com/hub/The-M2-A-Z-Marathon-It-Never-Hppened

However, I would like to here from anyone here who actually saw the marathon as it aired. Was it as disappointing as others had said it was, or were you happy with the videos that did air. SPOILER ALERT: M2 did not actually air every video in the MTV library. 

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Anyone here watch the A-Z Marathon on MTV2???
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »
I had Dish Network when the marathon aired. I was able to catch quite a few videos that I had wanted to see during the marathon.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com