Author Topic: Junior High riffcrap (need help)  (Read 1026 times)

Offline jessemckinney

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Junior High riffcrap (need help)
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:56:43 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LREwHjrEtYw

Hello and how are you, I'm new here. I'm also very drunk. I made this thing where I talk over something old, as is the custom. It isn't finished, probably won't be. Tell me it sucks. Thanks!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Junior High riffcrap (need help)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 05:06:11 AM »
Aw it's not all that bad.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:47:06 AM »
I thought it was funny. Biting. Satirical. But a suggestion. You need a riff partner. Your riffs are funny, but they seem unattached, like they lack focus. You need someone to bounce off of.

Offline jessemckinney

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »
Aw it's not all that bad.

It's hovering around D- territory :)
I'd thought about doing something like this every since yesterday, this was mostly a mic test thing before I do something actual, like Eraserhead. Trying to make fun of that one is like farting at a funeral though...but it's never been done.

I thought it was funny. Biting. Satirical. But a suggestion. You need a riff partner. Your riffs are funny, but they seem unattached, like they lack focus. You need someone to bounce off of.

Yeah, that's the breaks of being a weirdo loner, I'm afraid. Now that I made a proof of concept though, I might be able to get some of my more unemployed friends to jump in on something real. Thanks for the encouragement, more bitter and surly riffs to come.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »
It wasn't bad.  You also did a decent job with the technical side of things.  I think you're putting it down way too much, perhaps as a defensive measure.  I'd give it more of a C to C+, if you had finished it.  No need to title it "riffshit", either.