Author Topic: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 (SPOILERS).  (Read 18207 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 (SPOILERS).
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »
Yeah I saw that coming too. The ending?? Eh...
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2009, 06:03:22 AM »
I love when two random thugs can win a shootout against eight cops.  I couldn't help but laugh as cop after cop was blown away like Imperial Stormtroopers by the hippie thug.

Also, I found it hilarious that after Kim's arm caught on fire she just stood there for 20 minutes before taking her flaming coat off.  I was like "Ummmm....stop, drop, and roll?" *Kim still stands there like an idiot* "STOP, DROP, AND ROLL!" *Kim finally takes her coat off*  Moron.

I agree that the ending left much to be desired.  Oh well, I'll still tune in next season.   :)

BTW, I did like this finale.  But I just had to point out some of the more ridiculous things about it.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2009, 02:59:30 PM »

Also, I found it hilarious that after Kim's arm caught on fire she just stood there for 20 minutes before taking her flaming coat off.  I was like "Ummmm....stop, drop, and roll?" *Kim still stands there like an idiot* "STOP, DROP, AND ROLL!" *Kim finally takes her coat off*  Moron.

Kim, despite the numerous times they've attempted to show how smart she is, is about as sharp as a sack of wet hamsters. Every time she comes on I start thinking of ways they should've already killed her.

M@

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »
and yeah she is going to try to save her dad but again she doesn't listen to him. Spoiled brat!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »

I counted.  After she got free of the car, she only had her coat on for about 15 seconds which doesn't seem like a hugely long time.

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2009, 09:21:15 PM »
Trailer for the new season:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ad0TlINWdi8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ad0TlINWdi8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Oh hi Katee.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2009, 09:31:30 PM »
Yeah Yeah! I was hoping they would do another bridge movie between seasons but I guess not.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2009, 04:16:59 AM »
^___________^

Looks like this one is about 3 years after the last season, judging from the age of Kim's daughter.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »

I realized the other day that i haven't really watched a regular series since LOST and 24 went off the air. Can't wait for the new season!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »
^___________^

Looks like this one is about 3 years after the last season, judging from the age of Kim's daughter.

Yeah. So apparently the super-experimental treatment for Jack worked.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2009, 11:12:49 AM »
^___________^

Yeah. So apparently the super-experimental treatment for Jack worked.

Was there ever any doubt?

I think I heard the producers admit that they knew the audience would never believe, intellectually, that Jack would die, but they did their best to make us believe, emotionally, that he might.  I think it worked.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »
I knew they wouldn't kill him off I just hate shows that have the big ol cliffhanger ending then when the show starts again it is 3 years later and everything is ok. They did it with President Palmer when he got the "stink palming" they showed him all twitching on the ground and the next time we seem him he has some scars on his hand and there was no real explanation of anything.  I know it is because of the limitations of the shows format (24 hours etc), so why even bother having any kind of open cliffhanger?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
I knew they wouldn't kill him off I just hate shows that have the big ol cliffhanger ending then when the show starts again it is 3 years later and everything is ok. They did it with President Palmer when he got the "stink palming" they showed him all twitching on the ground and the next time we seem him he has some scars on his hand and there was no real explanation of anything.  I know it is because of the limitations of the shows format (24 hours etc), so why even bother having any kind of open cliffhanger?

Know what I hate?  Shows that end the season on a cliffhanger, then the show gets cancelled.  Anyone else see the last episode of My Name is Earl?  That's going to remain unresolved FOREVER.

Anyway... back on topic.... Now that you mention Palmer's hand contamination thing.  That was dumb.  They did it to close the 2nd season, implying that it was some sort of "Plan B" after the plan Jigsaw (I mean Kingsley) put into place failed.  They made mentions of it early 3rd season, and showed some scarring on Palmer's hand, then kinda revisited it when Mandy (the woman who perpetrated it) was captured, but that's it.  They've never explored that or tied it in to any major plot lines.  Throwaway material like that works on most shows, but it seems wildly out of place for 24.

They should bring Mandy back... if only to get her arrested or killed so she can be accountable for what she's done.