Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty iRiff Sample  (Read 1203 times)

Offline bug_eyed_sheep44

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
Sleeping Beauty iRiff Sample
« on: April 24, 2009, 11:01:52 AM »
I thought I'd let everyone know that I just uploaded a sample of my first foray into the wonderful world of iRiffing with Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge0eZWxT35M

I hope to get the whole thing ready before the end of spring (I know some people can do it faster, but I'm lazy and new). Tell me what you think.

I posted this on the iRiffing board a while ago and thought I should give it equal treatment here. Yay for more space to get noticed!

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 204
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
Re: Sleeping Beauty iRiff Sample
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:35:17 PM »
Liked the "Crow-bi wan Kenobi" line...very clever.

The only thing to watch out for is the length of the jokes.  Nobody's going to fault you for running over movie dialogue (heck, I do it), but make sure it doesn't happen too often.  You might end up overrunning some dialogue that might set up your next joke (again, guilty), or leave the joke on too long when it works just as well with a bit more brevity.  Case in point, the "New Jersey" joke.  I think that joke works great in that spot, but it goes on for just a little longer than it should, since it begins running into too much stuff and the second half of it is self-explanatory.  My family is from Jersey, I've heard all the jokes before, so leaving at just, "And that includes New Jersey, too!" may give it better flow.

I got this on Blu-ray and haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet.  Maybe once you've gotten it done, I'll give it a look.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.