Author Topic: QuipTracks: Mission: Impossible II - Available on iRiffs and QuipTracks.com!  (Read 6008 times)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
AVAILABLE NOW (here)

Korean action director John Woo (no doubt cheered on by his own last name) takes on the world of Mission:Impossible with all the great performances of Broken Arrow and all the plausibility of Face/Off (not to mention face removal and off-putting faces...but I digress).

The Chimera virus is the most deadly and least contagious virus created by man and it must be stopped by the most acrobatic and least intelligent agent known to man: Ethan Hunt. To succeed he must overcome tedious symbolism, slow-motion photography, flocks of pigeons, and the constant failures and arbitrary limitations of his grudgingly-written-in team of IMF experts.

There's also some crap about a smirking china doll and a fist fight at a motocross event. Good thing QuipTracks is here, or this one would sting like pulling a latex mask off your face in one fluid yank*.

Bonus! Learn the secret of how to search for a hero. (Are you paying attention Bonnie Tyler?)

*Historical side note: Curiously, during the American Civil War a fluid Yank was a Confederate unit of measure reserved exclusively for measuring donkey urine. Let it never be said that QuipTracks is not educational.

Preview (once it's processed):
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/juXm_GTiTx0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/juXm_GTiTx0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 03:34:01 PM by Asbestos Bill »

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
Re: QuipTracks: Mission: Impossible II - Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 10:48:18 AM »
Alright, looking forward to this!

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 03:30:50 PM »
 :clap: My Xmas wish came true!  :clap:

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »
OK. Obviously we didn't make New Years. We started over on recording and now we've gotten through the movie and need to go back and touch up some spots. Beeper is done and I was smart this time and did the readme as I worked. I'm thinking we'll release NTSC (and hopefully PAL too) on Saturday, Jan 10. Expect a preview no later than Wednesday.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
Re: QuipTracks: Mission: Impossible II - Jan 10th - Preview Available
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 03:57:03 PM »
Preview added.

Invader_quirk

Re: QuipTracks: Mission: Impossible II - Jan 10th
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »
Well, in case you were wondering (and judging by the response so far, you probably weren't), the track is done. I'm just waiting for Tristan to get home from work to export it. Expect it to be up around 10 tonight.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 04:48:58 PM »
Well, in case you were wondering (and judging by the response so far, you probably weren't), the track is done. I'm just waiting for Tristan to get home from work to export it. Expect it to be up around 10 tonight.

You guys should put it up on iRiffs.  I'll feature you on the homepage for a while if you do.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »
Well, your offer has piqued our interest, Conor. We talked it over, and decided to take you up on it. We're assuming you'd still feature us if we release on our own site as well. Since we'll be sharing profits with Rifftrax, in order to cover costs we'll also need to raise the price of the iRiff by a dollar (making it 2.99).  Is this all ok? If so, we'll have the iRiff up in the next few days!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5642
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »
Yay! I can support Rifftrax and Quiptracks at the same time!

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 08:40:38 PM »
Uploading NTSC version now. It'll be about an hour. (Sorry, East Coast people, it technically comes out tomorrow for you)

I'll put the PAL version up tomorrow afternoon.

iRiff edition will come out in a couple days. Speaking of which... I think it would make sense for someone to redirect this thread to the iRiffs board please and thank you  ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:46:57 PM by Asbestos Bill »

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 09:42:12 PM »

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 142
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »
Dear God, you're going to make me watch this movie again aren't you.

Looks pretty darn funny.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 10:55:26 PM »

Well, I've been paying attention and looking forward to it.  But my schedule is all screwed up this weekend (thanks partially due to a nice big snow storm hitting the northeast US...), so I'm not sure I'll get to it this weekend.  I almost ordered the DVD this past thursday, but I'm also trying to figure out what the next Riff Raff Theater release was going to be.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 11:31:39 PM »
It's great that you guys will be getting some more exposure on the iRiffs homepage. Did you say you were working on The Core next, or did I imagine that?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »
My god, why do you want us to watch this movie again?

That was on seriously funny preview.