login

Author Topic: Funniest Moment on Television  (Read 14591 times)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: Funniest Moment on Television
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 08:04:18 PM »
Also from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. The greatest chase scene ever commited to film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MEASsq8zT8

Well, I chuckled a couple times, but I'd wager that just about any "chase" scene in any episode of the Benny Hill show is funnier than that.

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »
Well, I chuckled a couple times, but I'd wager that just about any "chase" scene in any episode of the Benny Hill show is funnier than that.

You, Sair, are a blasphemer. Comparing ironic humor to actual kitsch...well, I never.
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 06:47:47 AM »

You, Sair, are a blasphemer. Comparing ironic humor to actual kitsch...well, I never.

My roommate showed me that chase from Darkplace on YouTube telling me it was the funniest thing ever. I was getting a little bored with it until the motorcycle noises came out of nowhere. Good stuff.

Benny Hill, on the other hand, just not funny. But Benny Hill's funeral on Robot Chicken was hilarious. I wish I could find it on YouTube.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 09:20:04 AM »

My roommate showed me that chase from Darkplace on YouTube telling me it was the funniest thing ever. I was getting a little bored with it until the motorcycle noises came out of nowhere. Good stuff.

Benny Hill, on the other hand, just not funny. But Benny Hill's funeral on Robot Chicken was hilarious. I wish I could find it on YouTube.

I did like the funny noises the ape-man made, and the "Now I'm sweating" joke at the end was funny, it just didn't bust my gut is all.

Benny Hill has had an unmistakable influence on many a comedian. Martin Short is one example. As both himself, and as Jiminy Glick, he likes to copy Benny's schtick: to read a line that might not mean anything dirty, but with his slight pause and mischievous smile, makes it sound dirty...

Also, when Benny Hill did that silly skit involving a movie with crappy editing, well, that right there almost seemed like a MST3K movie for real.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 09:40:57 AM »
     From Taxi,  Reverend Jim taking his cabbie written test and asking Bobby for help on a question. Bobby tells him the answer, "Slow down." which causes Jim to ask the question much slower. Funny the first time but by the third time Jim is dragging out the question and the audience is losing it.

Another Conway/Korman bit from The Carol Burnett Show: Harvey's the patient and Tim's the dentist who keeps stabbing himself with the novacaine needle.  Watching Harvey trying to keep it together makes those bits classics.

Yes to both of those!! Also Conway as the little old man rolling down the stairs in slow motion.

There were a lot of great moments on "I Love Lucy," but I have a particular soft spot for a lesser-known episode where Ethel is singing at a concert while Lucy, Ricky, and Fred, upset at her conceited attitude, sneak onstage and make fun of her behind her back. The pranks get more and more elaborate and I lose it every time!
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »

To be fair, that's one of my least favorite bits of Darkplace. There's just so much more going on in an average episode, especially on re-viewing them. Like the funeral scene in Ep. 1 where they take entirely too long for Dagless to walk from the forest down to the graveside - it's just awkward and wrong but not flagged in any particular way. That's the kind of stuff I like.
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »

I did like the funny noises the ape-man made, and the "Now I'm sweating" joke at the end was funny, it just didn't bust my gut is all.

Benny Hill has had an unmistakable influence on many a comedian. Martin Short is one example. As both himself, and as Jiminy Glick, he likes to copy Benny's schtick: to read a line that might not mean anything dirty, but with his slight pause and mischievous smile, makes it sound dirty...

I wouldn't brag about being an influence on Martin Short's "comedy."

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 01:28:32 PM »

Well, actually, Sharky, when you consider the fact that you have otherwise made absolutely no difference in the comedy world, you probably would brag about it.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 08:41:17 PM »

Well, actually, Sharky, when you consider the fact that you have otherwise made absolutely no difference in the comedy world, you probably would brag about it.

An excellent point, BBQ.

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2007, 04:13:34 PM »
Snuff Box: This is pretty much from where I got my guitar 'skills'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZDjWLwqAPY

And yes, that is Dr. LUCIEN SANCHEZ! (I'm Dr. Sanchez. You're a woman!)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 09:48:24 PM »
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but here's the clip I mentioned so very long ago... UNEDITED!! BEHOLD THE GLORY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 10:02:44 PM »
The critic, two and  a half cops clip.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »
Yes, thank you.  ^^

Full title Beverly Hills Robo Canine Cop and a Half: 2
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »
Yes, thank you.  ^^

Full title Beverly Hills Robo Canine Cop and a Half: 2

Very funny clip!! Love how the comment at the end of it is happening right now with the anti-retard people and Tropic Thunder.   ;D