login

Author Topic: This movie was bad  (Read 26717 times)

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
Re: This movie was bad
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »
I re-edited this movie and episode II and put it up on youtube and tons of people liked it. I'm not touting my editing capabilities but the movies were really infinitely better with a little tweaking. I wish I could post it here but youtube removed all of it and won't let me reload them anymore. Hmm...maybe google video. If enough people want to see them, I will take the time to post these on google video and embed them here.

Make your choice!

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2008, 06:33:42 PM »
I re-edited this movie and episode II and put it up on youtube and tons of people liked it. I'm not touting my editing capabilities but the movies were really infinitely better with a little tweaking. I wish I could post it here but youtube removed all of it and won't let me reload them anymore. Hmm...maybe google video. If enough people want to see them, I will take the time to post these on google video and embed them here.

Make your choice!

You're the Phantom Editor!?

No, I'm his apprentice...doh!

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
I watched this along with the rifftrax as part of a thanksgiving tradition (of sorts), and noticed another stupid thing in the script.

When Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan go to leave the ruler of the underground city, Jar-Jar says something stupid (which isn't surprising).  Qui-Gon turns to Obi-Wan and says "We need a navigator to get us through the planet's core.  This gungan may be of help!"

Later, when they're in the submarine and moving through the ocean, Obi-Wan is piloting the ship.  Jar-Jar is babbling on saying more stupid things (which is the whole point of his existence), and at one point Jar-Jar says "Where's we a-going?".  Qui-Gon answers "Don't worry, the force will guide us."

This combination is so deranged that it's hard to even make a good joke about it.  Is Qui-Gon simply lying to Obi-Wan, and later on Obi-Wan is too stupid to notice that he himself is the one driving the submarine?

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »
I think Obi-Wan realizes Qui-Gon is full of shite, but he also knows his master well enough to know that once his mind is made up, there's no point arguing with him.  Plus even though it's not stated in the film, the original script and the novelization make it clear that Jar-Jar is going to be put to death if Qui-Gon doesn't intervene.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104