Author Topic: This movie was bad  (Read 24874 times)

Offline Goshzilla

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Re: This movie was bad
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 11:27:39 PM »
oh no i definately beleive there is some phallacy involved with men running around with long light swords that can thrust their way through any material they want ;)

Yes and considering that the only black jedi also was the only one with a purple light saber(with ribs no less on the design) clearly has nothing to do with phallic symbols.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 06:32:05 AM »
oh no i definately beleive there is some phallacy involved with men running around with long light swords that can thrust their way through any material they want ;)

Yes and considering that the only black jedi also was the only one with a purple light saber(with ribs no less on the design) clearly has nothing to do with phallic symbols.

To summarize: Star Wars makes you guys think of cock.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 06:54:35 PM »
well yeah, you cant say we are the only ones, you just dont want to admit it. 

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 07:18:49 PM »
I was just yanking your chain. I know it was a little bit below the belt, but I wasn't trying to be a prick. It was just some good natured ribbing for your pleasure.

Who doesn't occasionally drift off into blissful ruminations about Sam Jackson's majestic purple shaft? Guilty as charged!

Offline Goshzilla

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 11:55:54 PM »
Other than saying "Party's over," an often overlooked line Mace Windu likes to spout out at gatherings is "Have you seen my massive purple light saber?"

• Compsognathus
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 09:07:14 AM »
did any one else get the feeling that mr jackson REALLY wanted to add mother f@cker after most of his lines in these movies?

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 08:11:01 PM »
did any one else get the feeling that mr jackson REALLY wanted to add mother f@cker after most of his lines in these movies?

This scene had to be cut from "Attack of the Clones" to keep the PG rating:

Mace:  Hey kid, hand me my lightsaber.
Anakin:  Which one is it?
Mace:  It's the one that says "Bad Motherf***er" on it

• Compsognathus
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 07:49:57 AM »
the scene didnt run quite like that it went this way

Mace:  Hey kid, hand me my lightsaber.
Mace:  It's the one that says "Bad Muth-"
Yoda: Mouth you shut.

Offline DeadlyCinema

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • The Underworld Looks Better in Pink
    • Deadly Cinema: The Myspace Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 04:06:08 PM »
"Mace:  Hey kid, hand me my lightsaber.
Mace:  It's the one that says "Bad Muth-"
Yoda: Mouth you shut."

I'm just talkin' about Mace! Can you dig it?

Matthew
myspace.com/deadlycinema

Offline Goshzilla

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2007, 08:54:40 PM »
Mace Windu in Revenge of the Sith
*Mace questioning Anakin
Mace:"You work for darth sidius right? What does he look like. Say what one more time mother f@cker I dare you."

Of course the classic scene in Revenge of the Sith had to be cut out

Anakin: Oh come on Jar Jar, do you think a god came down from heaven an- *BAM*
Mace: Ooooo what the f@ck was that?
Anakin: aw man I shot Jar Jar in the face.
Mace: Why the f@ck did you do that?

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
Ok... Jar Jar is annoying and all... but I draw the line at sticking him in other movies just to kill him.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2007, 01:30:04 PM »
Works for me . . . anything to erase the memory of his antics from my mind.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 05:27:42 AM »
As I watch the very first Star Wars on HBO, it occurs to me that the only thing keeping Lucas from being as stupid and childish as he was in this movie in the first three was his lack of budget. Looking back, you can tell that he so wants to have pod races and armies of comedic droids.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2007, 05:57:45 AM »
I can see where you're going with that. WYou can see it already starting to happen in return of the Jedi with the Ewoks (woulda been so much cooler with the Wookiees). I mean, come on . . . little teddy bear creatures taking out a group of (supposedly) highly-trained troops with sticks and stones? I understand the point behind it, but disbelief can be suspended only so far.

A similar thing happened to Hitchcock (in my opinion, anyway). He was great when he was forced to play things with subtlety and intrigue, but when the "rules" were relaxed in the 70s, he came out with Frenzy in which he tossed subtlety out the window and threw the caziness and perversion right out there in your face. I'll take Rebecca or North by Northwest over that schlock any day.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2007, 03:08:33 PM »
As I watch the very first Star Wars on HBO, it occurs to me that the only thing keeping Lucas from being as stupid and childish as he was in this movie in the first three was his lack of budget. Looking back, you can tell that he so wants to have pod races and armies of comedic droids.

Ohh... I dunno. I think Lucas just waited too long, lost his touch. He became a super-gazllionaire with little to no restraint and nothing but time to convince himself that all his wacky ideas were golden. Once he became obsessed with digital filmaking and CGI and whatnot... he indulged in all the superfluous areas. The prequels, while maybe a bit overwrought, had visually stunning environments and effects but suffered from stilted scripts. The script wasn't really what he seemed to care about.

Granted, this could mean that the original trilogy succeeded in spite of Lucas and not because of him... but I don't think that's the case. The guy just got obsessed with the wrong aspect of the process. It seems like in all his "prequel" interviews he blathers on and on about the digital film and the technology and this and that. I think he was much more interested in the story the first time around. Even if things come off the rails a bit in Jedi, I think the originals hold up rather well. I never sensed him reaching for lame comic relief or large stretches of movie where even the lone FX sequence is dull (unlike say, Episode 1).

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 03:26:38 PM by Nunyerbiz »