login

Author Topic: Anyone else have trouble with this re-author?  (Read 5941 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Anyone else have trouble with this re-author?
« on: November 27, 2008, 05:22:20 AM »
Rejig keeps sending out only half the AC3 file.  DVD Decrypter is doing the same.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 152
Re: Anyone else have trouble with this re-author?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 07:08:35 AM »
Providing you're don't need to strictly adhere to the chapters, I found a solution. Download a free converting program called DVD Flick, and then find a DVD ripper.

Go through the process of reauthor, but stop after combining the movie audio and the rifftrax audio. Rip the DVD. Using DVD Flick, add the ripped file, replace the ripped audio with the Rifftrax audio, and convert/burn. It's how I get around IFOEdit's periodic screwups.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 444
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 10:11:21 AM »
Rejig keeps sending out only half the AC3 file.  DVD Decrypter is doing the same.  Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't use Rejig but DVD Decrypter worked fine for me.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5009
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 10:20:05 AM »
I used DVD Shrink 3.2 and it was Flawless, and Nero to burn, then captured the movie and .mp3 in Pinnacle Studio and merged them together - No Problems 8)

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »
Rejig has done that to me so much I've stopped using it.  I recorded X-2 from On Demand and Imported the unencryted movie with nerovison.  When this is done I then use Anyvideo Converter to convert the the video file created in a sub folder to a wave file.  In effect I get the soundtrac that I mix with the riff with Audacity.  I then add the resultant wav file as a audio track and mute the sound of the video file.  Generally works well for me.  Anyvideoconverter is free but Nero is not.  I make pretty good menus with Nero however and I still experimenting with it.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 12:45:31 PM »
First time I tried, I got half the AC3 file from both Rejig and DVD Decrypter.  So I returned it to Netflix and got a replacement.

Second time, Rejig gave me half the AC3 file, but luckily DVD Decrypter didn't.  So yay, it looks like I can reauthor this.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 05:10:33 AM »
Crap.  I spoke too soon.

Now I've gotten as far as getting the VIDEO_TS files out, but DVD Shrink is erroring on me.  I get the message: DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.  Out of memory.  Not enough storage space available to process this command.

I dunno where it gets this "not enough space" nonsense.  I've got 18 Gb of space left on this hard drive.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 05:18:28 AM »
Crap.  I spoke too soon.

Now I've gotten as far as getting the VIDEO_TS files out, but DVD Shrink is erroring on me.  I get the message: DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.  Out of memory.  Not enough storage space available to process this command.

I dunno where it gets this "not enough space" nonsense.  I've got 18 Gb of space left on this hard drive.
Wow! I've Never seen that error before (but I have all 500gb or greater hard drives for storage anyway..)

That's weird that this error appears if you have 18gb left free.. I would still clear some files and make some more room.. :-\

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 05:21:33 AM »
Crap.  I spoke too soon.

Wow! I've Never seen that error before (but I have all 500gb or greater hard drives for storage anyway..)

That's weird that this error appears if you have 18gb left free.. I would still clear some files and make some more room.. :-\

Tried that too.  I didn't clear files so much as move the X-Men 2 files over to the other hard drive which had something over 200 Gb free space.  Same problem.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 06:19:17 AM »
Unless the original disc is bad somehow, I haven't a clue then :-[

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »
That's weird. I had no problems at all.
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
Third time's a charm I guess.

For some weird reason, Rejig hated this movie.  It not only ripped half the audio, but it also only riffed half the video.  I didn't notice this until after I had done the final re-author and I noticed that the m2v file was abnormally small.

So re-ripped using DVD Decrypter.  It got the whole video file and I got a full length reauthor that DVD Shrink didn't spaz out over this time.