login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 305366 times)

Offline wherethefishlives

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 63
  • Toddlers be trippin'!
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1455 on: May 01, 2013, 06:19:18 AM »
Sync issues?!  Please to esplain?

Offline Rabbit Ears

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #1456 on: May 01, 2013, 06:56:52 PM »
I had no sync issues at all with Netflix streaming.  I never even had to adjust it as the movie went along at all.  ??

Offline NosferatusCoffin

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 64
    • Cinemasochism
« Reply #1457 on: May 01, 2013, 08:47:37 PM »
The issue appears to be more with ULead Video Editor than with the actual files.

No worries. :)
Catch us on Cinemamsochism:
http://www.cinemasochism.com/

Catch us on iRiffs:
http://www.rifftrax.com/search/apachesolr_search/cinemasochism

"Diplomats. The best diplomat I know of is a fully loaded phaser bank." - Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1458 on: May 05, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »
I showed Gary and Erin (of Hor-Riff-ic) the Quiptracks riff of Van Helsing and they loved it!

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #1459 on: May 06, 2013, 03:13:11 PM »
Shame the preview of Van Helsing is no longer available, even on the Quiptracks site.  Those 45 or so seconds were some of the most surprising (welcomely so, mind you) moments of side-splitting hilarity I've seen.  To this day I still love "The people on the dance floor are starting to get bored."
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1460 on: May 07, 2013, 10:16:36 AM »
Shame the preview of Van Helsing is no longer available, even on the Quiptracks site.  Those 45 or so seconds were some of the most surprising (welcomely so, mind you) moments of side-splitting hilarity I've seen.  To this day I still love "The people on the dance floor are starting to get bored."
Oh God, yes! That is part of one of my favorite bits from that riff. "Pass out more glooow stiiicks!"
The sample's been down for a while. I really wanted to have one to post in the Top iRiffs List.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1461 on: May 08, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »
Return of Chandu part 5 by Drawback Productions - A good riff, after a bit of an unimpressive start for some reason. I liked their riff of Girls Just Want To Have Fun much better, though. Riff density is nice, not much empty space.
Always glad to have a female riffer, particularly in multiple riffer tracks.

Baseball used to be a lot easier.

The picture's not great, but her forehead can get Showtime when it's windy.

That is one sad looking pussy. (I liked the riff, but the slap and "ow, hey" at the end wasn't performed very well)

Let's continue this conversation three feet away. ... Perfect.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, highpriest?

If she did that a bit harder, she could have just knocked the hut over and escaped. (Loved this one!)

I love how unconvinced the princess sounds at the beginning when she says she is safe.
  WOW, Bela is super creepy at the beginning here! I mean I've been joking about it all along (and it's true), but he's not even trying to be charming anymore.
  I can understand accents very well, but even I'M having trouble desciphering what these people are saying! I can't imagine how much trouble it would be for a kid in a rundown theater with crappy speakers.
  So...why did they need to use the King Kong doors set for this? I really hope later on at least SOMETHING huge comes through those doors. Maybe Gorgo. Or the syringe Legosi's drugs are in.
  Oh for crying out loud! Nadje (the Egyptian Princess) has been nothing BUT in danger this entire seriel, but the all-knowing wise Chandu needs a disembodied voice to tell him that the woman he's already rescued four times needs to be rescued?!

Offline Rabbit Ears

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #1462 on: May 08, 2013, 06:46:22 PM »
I also want to stress how great "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" is.  :)  As if I haven't said that before...

Offline BEMaven

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 15
    • Fools Gold Comics
« Reply #1463 on: May 09, 2013, 02:45:17 PM »
I keep wondering what sets, besides the Kong-sized doors, have been recycled from previous movies.

Probably the mini-temple used by the cat fanciers to imprison Nadji  (Oops.  A spoiler.  Sorry.)

Possibly the caverns that Chandu stumbles through? (Aw, hell.  Another spoiler.)

If those twits were going to borrow anything for this serial, they should have swiped a better plot.

They broke the mold WHILE they were making me.

Offline AdamCerious

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 47
  • Dohhhh ho ho ho ho!
    • Cerious Software
« Reply #1464 on: May 09, 2013, 04:52:14 PM »
Possibly the caverns that Chandu stumbles through? (Aw, hell.  Another spoiler.)
I have been watching that sequence for the last three weeks. He doesn't stumble a $%#@#& bit, because that'd be somewhat entertaining. He wanders lazily for a third of the chapter.

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 167
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1465 on: May 09, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »
Return of Chandu Chapter 6 by Rabbit Ears.  I can sum up this riff with two words, over saturation.  There were some good riffs, but there were too many.  As bad as the audio is in this serial there is dialogue and unfortunately most of it was covered up by riffs.  I could not follow what little plot there was because I couldn't hear the characters.  There would be a riff on dialogue that I couldn't get because the dialogue being riffed had a riff covering it up.  I'm sorry to be harsh but constructive criticism is a necessary part of any art.  I think this group could do a great job as long as they don't over saturate.  They have great energy and play off each other quite well.  This is the first riff of theirs I've watched so I don't know if this is the norm for them or not.  My advice, give the movie a chance to speak.  Save riffing over dialogue for lines that aren't crucial to the plot.  Granted that's hard to do in something this short.  Oddly enough the longest span without riffing was when there was no talking in the movie.  A riff is much funnier if the viewer can follow the movie.
Hope there's no hard feelings.  My critique is only intended to help you in the future.

Offline mr.b.natural

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 109
  • Mr.B you're hot!
« Reply #1466 on: May 09, 2013, 08:33:47 PM »
I should clarify my "like" by stating that I haven't seen the Rabbit Ears Chapter.  I just liked that someone might suggest that over saturation can be a problem.  Sadly, in my experience people just seem to want noise.   

Offline Rabbit Ears

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #1467 on: May 09, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »
Nope.  No hard feelings at all.  That's actually the biggest reason we wanted to join in on the Chandu series, to get people's opinions.  This riff certainly has about twice as many riffs as our other stuff.  But in all honestly, there was dialogue?  Really? ;)  The scene where he is talking with his Yogi was exceptionally painful.  We played it over and over again and none of us could figure out what he was saying, so we made our own "Yogi."
Thanks for the feedback!  We're stoked to collaborate on this...sorry about the saturation.  This serial is pretty painful though.  I think our riff sums it up perfectly:  "This is a good example of a movie needing subtitles...even if it's in English." ;)

Offline Rick (of Ralph and)

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 10
  • Where does the time go?
    • Ralph and Rick resent...
« Reply #1468 on: May 09, 2013, 10:01:21 PM »
Well, I like noise. That is, I like it better than silence. When I start riffing in my head faster than the riffers who have presumably had time to write and rehearse their material, I get so mad I want to mail an angry letter demanding my 99 cents back.

With some movies, covering up expository dialog might be a problem, but the plot in this chapter is exactly the same as the in the previous 5: Bad guys kidnap somnambulant princess, scary magician tries to rescue her, evil minions get in his way, vapid upperclass relatives dither, repeat. The details are unimportant and uninteresting. And as Rabbit Ears says, the combination of low production values, a potpourri of dialects, and the ravages of time have made listening to the dialog, if not impossible, more trouble than its worth.

Offline BEMaven

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 15
    • Fools Gold Comics
« Reply #1469 on: May 10, 2013, 08:26:01 AM »
I have been watching that sequence for the last three weeks. He doesn't stumble a $%#@#& bit, because that'd be somewhat entertaining. He wanders lazily for a third of the chapter.

I concede the point. Wanders is a better choice of words than stumbles.  My mind must have been clouded.

Bear in mind the fact that I had to sit through the last six chapters UNRIFFED twice before selecting Chapter 9.  It was bound to produced head trauma.
They broke the mold WHILE they were making me.