Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 312171 times)

Offline mikelesq

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 73
    • toastandrice.com
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1290 on: September 07, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »
Just so you know, mikelesq, your "Gardening" and "Santa & the Fairy Snow Queen" are among my all-time favorite iRiff shorts. So there ya go.

Aw, shucks.  :-)

In all fairness, though, when you have talking toys arguing the ethical implications of artificial intelligence around a three story Santa foot, and Dennis the Menace spraying banned insecticides around his backyard, the riffs kind of deliver themselves.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5401
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1291 on: September 07, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »
Watched the Hor-Riff-ic Productions riff of Monster Squad again. Great riff! And such a fun movie. I know not everybody loves this movie, but it just pushes all my nostalgia buttons. Except for the rap at the end  :gouge: I loath rap with every fiber of my being! Doesn't matter the lyrical content, I hate it as a musical style.

Loved all the Charlton Heston voice riffs for Van Helsing.

You know, from the waist down, you look really lame.

Whip it out!

I guess after 2000 years your legs aren't going to wake up all at once. Pins and needles! Pins and needles!

"Like a great whirlwind!" --- Or a Dyson!

MMMMM! Breasts! Good!

Meanwhile at Republican National Headquarters. (I am required by my Democratic overlords to love this riff.)

It's a shinebox for my loafers.

Ahhh! Girls! Ruuun!

Oh God, there's nards everywhere!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1292 on: September 07, 2012, 09:06:47 PM »
As promised, I took a look at some recommended Toast and Rice riffs. First up: Gardening.

I liked this riff quite a bit. First and formost, his jokes are mostly very funny. Lots of well written funny lines here. It's still the vocal performance that holds it back sometimes (not all the time, as I have noted a few examples below). You can tell he has promise as a riffer with more practice and emphesis on the voice acting part of it.
  Particularly the Dr. Frankenstein "It's alive. Alive." riff was not given the emphasis it needed. Just spoken, instead of yelled. Of course, had the joke been about saying that low key and bored, that would have been different. It wasn't. Just saying that yelling doesn't mean a good performance either. It's about what is appropriate for the joke, so the intent is carried across.
  Similarly, the "and the sky is grey" riff isn't sung properly. I don't expect you to sing it well, but the cadence and emphesis needs to be right for the joke to work best. Otherwise it just comes off flat.

"There's Daddy." --- Just like in the Daddy catalog.

Even gardening can't keep Betty and Bill off the mean streets.

It's like a 'bag of Mom'.

Iiiit's poison time. (good performance on this one, and very funny)

And then there better be pie! (funny, and a well performed riff)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1293 on: September 08, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »
Toast and Rice iRiff of Santa and the Fairy Snow Queen - Oh..oh wow! This short was actually dificult to watch, it was so bizarre. The best of the Toast and Rice riffs I have heard.
  The riff density here was less than I expected, though. Particularly given how utterly batshit insane the short was. While there is something to be said for just letting the short kinda speak for itself, I did wish there had been a few more riffs.
  I actually looked up the actress to see if it was the same one from Mr. B Natural. It's not.

Remember kids, Red Bull doesn't really give you wings. It just makes you a spaz.

This chick makes Mr. B Natural look downright pensive. (I couldn't agree more!)

Ooh, and enormous Schwanstooker. (this riff was performed well. It needed to be said like it was in Young Frankenstein, and he did.)

"Merry Christmas."---Lord, do I get sick of hearing that.

Oh, it smells like Frosty, and-oh.

The singing riff of the lyrics to Nutcracker Suite was good.

That thing. It's like Andy Dick went trick-or-treating as a Green Power Ranger.

You don't want to know what I am capable of.

All that power and she couldn't just make her own sugar cookie?

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #1294 on: September 08, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
Glad you agreed with me about Toast & Rice's S&tFSQ; it's become one of my regular Christmas specials. :) Such a funny riff.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1295 on: September 09, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »
Watche the Quiptracks of Abduction with my friends Vicky and Chris tonight. They loved it! Particularly all the Paul Rasmus stuff.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1296 on: September 12, 2012, 05:35:56 PM »
Help me enjoy my birthday! The next 3 people who post suggestions for iRiff shorts I can watch, I will buy and watch tonight. Must be 25 minutes or less each.

In the meantime, I will be watching the Quiptracks of Van Helsing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:38:32 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline mr.b.natural

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 109
  • Mr.B you're hot!
« Reply #1297 on: September 12, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »
Help me enjoy my birthday! The next 3 people who post suggestions for iRiff shorts I can watch, I will buy and watch tonight. Must be 25 minutes or less each.

Atomic Treatment's "To Enrich Mankind" and Mr.B.Natural's "Flying Disc Man From Mars."

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1298 on: September 12, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
Thanks Mr. B Natural. In the interest in variety, I will watch the To Enrich Mankind and first part of Flying Disc tonight. I'll watch the second half tomorow.

So somebody suggest me another short by a different group.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #1299 on: September 12, 2012, 06:21:20 PM »
If you don't mind watching Christmas shorts in September, how'sabout something from the Island of Misfit Riffs?  There are four shorts to choose from, so take your pick or watch 'em all!

Heck, I'll even grant you a copy if you PM me your username.  Assuming that feature still works, which I seem to recall somebody saying that it doesn't.

Also, happy birthday!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1300 on: September 12, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »
If you don't mind watching Christmas shorts in September, how'sabout something from the Island of Misfit Riffs?  There are four shorts to choose from, so take your pick or watch 'em all!

Cool. I'll check one of them out. Which is your favorite?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1506
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1301 on: September 12, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »
Granting files should be working again. I was able to do that with our Alfred Hitchcock riff.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1302 on: September 12, 2012, 06:38:13 PM »
Don't worry about granting files, I can buy them. Thanks, tho.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #1303 on: September 12, 2012, 06:40:04 PM »

Cool. I'll check one of them out. Which is your favorite?

As their father,  my official stance is that I love them all equally.

Though if you were to ask me privately, out of earshot of the little bastards, I'd probably say "The Night Before Christmas" is just a teensy bit more lovable than the rest.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1304 on: September 12, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »

Though if you were to ask me privately, out of earshot of the little bastards, I'd probably say "The Night Before Christmas" is just a teensy bit more lovable than the rest.
;D I will make sure to tell them all that.