Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 374938 times)

Invader_quirk

Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1080 on: February 04, 2012, 07:33:09 PM »
Watched Film Is PWN's (I don't get this name at all) riff of Mega Shark VS Giant Octopus and was pleasantly surprised. Lots of energy made it a lot of fun. I was laughing along from the intro forward. Unfortunately, they often have too much energy for their mics, resulting in annoying audio clipping, but it wasn't enough to detract significantly from the track. Not every line is fantastic, but every line is delivered with a sense of fun, which is missing from too many of the riffs on iRiffs. I recommend it, and it's on Netflix Instant.

I'll probably check out more of their work in the future.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 544
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #1081 on: February 04, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
Watched Film Is PWN's (I don't get this name at all) riff of Mega Shark VS Giant Octopus and was pleasantly surprised. Lots of energy made it a lot of fun. I was laughing along from the intro forward. Unfortunately, they often have too much energy for their mics, resulting in annoying audio clipping, but it wasn't enough to detract significantly from the track. Not every line is fantastic, but every line is delivered with a sense of fun, which is missing from too many of the riffs on iRiffs. I recommend it, and it's on Netflix Instant.

That is a very good one; I second this recommendation.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 539
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #1082 on: February 04, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »

That is a very good one; I second this recommendation.

Just remembered I needed to get this one!

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 184
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1083 on: February 05, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »

Hmm... gonna have to try that one.  Someone needs to riff  Mega Piranha too.  Got stuck with it at a Yankee Swap this Christmas (and I brought it too  >:().

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1084 on: February 05, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
Film is Pwned iRiff of Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus - Very good riff. Particularly for their first effort. The movie itelf is just a hoot, and the riffing reflects that. It is clear that they are having as fun with the movie as the audience, so their is no "not in on the joke" vibe that could have been. Part of this is when they are just laughing at the movie itself. It works here, because it is a break between the good riffs, so it feels like watching a bad movie with friends. Actually funny friends. Invader Quirk is right, their energy and performances are excellent.
  Definitely recommended.
  I have their riff of Monster Squad I never got around to watching, and the synced DVD of Transformers 2 that Thrifty gave me has their riff on it as well. So I will make sure to check out those soon (and pay them for their Transformers 2 riff).

Next shout out to Earth vs. Soup

"Now that Debbie Gibson is here, the whale is not the most washed up thing on the beach."

"Here, drink this. It'll make me look like Sean Connery."

"Ahoyhoy!"

"It's Cthulu trying to ski!"

"They're auditioning for Cinematic Titanic. In more ways than one."

"Shark refusing to answer hail, captain."

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 149
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #1085 on: February 07, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »
Finished watching first Iriff in a LONG time.Spoony experiment's Dune with Nostalgia Chick. If you're familiar with these guys in the web world, you get what you'd expect. I chucked a few times through. NC can get a little annoying with her "I hate this movie attitude: at times.  But good quality riff all around. Audio is top notch. Just no crazy LOL moments for me.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 294
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #1086 on: February 07, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »
Finished watching first Iriff in a LONG time.Spoony experiment's Dune with Nostalgia Chick. If you're familiar with these guys in the web world, you get what you'd expect. I chucked a few times through. NC can get a little annoying with her "I hate this movie attitude: at times.  But good quality riff all around. Audio is top notch. Just no crazy LOL moments for me.

I agree, it was decent but it seemed more or less improvised.  I think if they put the time in they could really produce something great. 
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Scott_Zee

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 68
« Reply #1087 on: February 08, 2012, 06:29:34 PM »
Darth Geek can go fuck himself. Space Camp was just as scripted as Night of the Lepus, and of course we were not drunk.
If you don't like the Space Camp riff after about ten minutes in, when we really hit our stride, then you must be some really miserable
person.

I've seen your "quote unquote" reviews of other iRiffing troops, and you are pretty much the biggest cocksucker on these boards.
Almost everything you like is shit, which means it's not funny.

Most iRiffs (90%) are fucking terrible so keep wasting your life away watching this horrible schlock... we made a couple episodes and
then moved on with our lives.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1088 on: February 08, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
Hey there, Scott. Haven't seen you around here in a while. Just ignore that troll.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #1089 on: February 08, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
Hey there, Scott. Haven't seen you around here in a while. Just ignore that troll.

In theory, I would agree with you. IN THEORY.

But in practice, his choosing not to ignore the troll led him to post a screenshot that made me remember of the best old Conan O'Brien sketches out there.

I'm in a diplomatic mood, so I'll say it's a wash and you were BOTH in the right. ^_^
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Invader_quirk

« Reply #1090 on: February 08, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »
I was just the other day wondering what had become of you, Scott. Good to see you!

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1091 on: February 09, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »
BOO!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1092 on: February 09, 2012, 10:23:53 AM »
Wow. That little tirade is really bringing folks out of the woodwork!

Nice to see you around these parts again, Chris.  It's been like, forever! :)
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1093 on: February 09, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »
2 years and change, actually. I was talking with someone about Forum software and they brought up SMF, and I started talking about the Rifftrax boards and... one thing led to another, and... I watched as my hands just MOVED to the keyboard and started typing in the URL... I couldn't stop... I COULDN'T STOP!

*starts sobbing*

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1094 on: February 09, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »
2 years and change, actually. I was talking with someone about Forum software and they brought up SMF, and I started talking about the Rifftrax boards and... one thing led to another, and... I watched as my hands just MOVED to the keyboard and started typing in the URL... I couldn't stop... I COULDN'T STOP!

*starts sobbing*

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!