Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 120758 times)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #765 on: February 24, 2013, 08:12:01 AM »
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #766 on: February 24, 2013, 08:14:34 AM »
A community collage is a great idea; bringing all the folk in the neighbourhood together with Elmer's glue.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6869
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #767 on: February 24, 2013, 08:18:48 AM »
A community collage is a great idea; bringing all the folk in the neighbourhood together with Elmer's glue.

dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #768 on: March 03, 2013, 08:20:31 AM »
Welp, we're back at the local Mexican store where we had a branch of our tax business last year and a big Spanish radio station is coming down from Charlotte to brodcast Live here for a few hours today so we hope to get a lot more business and customers as a result.
The wife has hired another part time lady to help us - We'll see how long she lasts ::)
We have seen an improvement from last years tax season but still nowhere close to what we had a few years back.  :o

Also the wife is considering closing down or selling our American clothing boutique in Mexico due to slow sales and more competition.. I told her to find another location with cheaper rent but it seems she may be getting burnt out trying to run 2 businesses; our Spanish services business here and the boutique in Mexico. I'm trying to convince her that both businesses can still survive if we can restructure a few things but we'll have to see how the rest of this year goes  :-\

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #769 on: March 03, 2013, 10:03:28 AM »
Any relatives down in Mexico who can operate a clothing store.......and do it properly?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #770 on: March 03, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
Any relatives down in Mexico who can operate a clothing store.......and do it properly?
We already have family members running it but the expenses are more than we're making currently (Rent, utilities,advertising, etc)..
Only real good sales times are around holidays (Christmas, Feb. 24-Mexico flag day, Easter, May 5-Cinco de Mayo, then Sept. 16-Mexico's Independence Day, and some other holidays).
There are times around paydays (every 2 weeks) we pull in some decent profits but those are hit or miss these days  :-\

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3569
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #771 on: March 03, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »
Also the wife is considering closing down or selling our American clothing boutique in Mexico due to slow sales and more competition..

Welcome to Obama's America.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #772 on: March 03, 2013, 12:37:37 PM »

Solution: Find Anais a hot Mexican man she can marry. Then she will move down there, run your boutique, and write the great American novel while getting daily...inspiration...from her hot Mexican husband.

Yes....yes, I approve this idea
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #773 on: March 03, 2013, 12:38:55 PM »
Also the wife is considering closing down or selling our American clothing boutique in Mexico due to slow sales and more competition..

Gracias 8)

Solution: Find Anais a hot Mexican man she can marry. Then she will move down there, run your boutique, and write the great American novel while getting daily...inspiration...from her hot Mexican husband.

Hmm.. That could be arraigned

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #774 on: March 03, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »

Hmm.. That could be arraigned

What an interesting choice of words...
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #775 on: March 03, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »
Friggin spell check :grr:

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3569
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #776 on: March 03, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »

Gracias 8)

All joking aside, I'm sorry business is slow. I hope it works out. I love what you're doing with the tax business. I think it's a wonderful service to provide to those that may not be familiar with our beurocratic system.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #777 on: March 03, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »

Gracias 8)

All joking aside, I'm sorry business is slow. I hope it works out. I love what you're doing with the tax business. I think it's a wonderful service to provide to those that may not be familiar with our beurocratic system.
Thanks! The radio station live broadcast today was a big hit, and we're planning on going up to the radio station in Charlotte to do a 1 hour live broadcast where listeners can call in with tax and immigration questions (should Obama pass immigration reform) and such. Last time we did this (back in 2005 I believe) it was a huge success as well so we hope that going back to what made us successful back in the day will work again 8)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #778 on: March 10, 2013, 10:34:47 AM »
Heard back from that fast-paced Mennonite nursing home where I interviewed about two weeks ago. Yesterday I opened the mailbox to find a letter from them. I threw it out unopened.

I can't say I'm disappointed that I didn't get the job. It seemed like it would be the sort of place where you have to be pleasant all the time and that's not something in which I'm interested. It's also the kind of place where, if you're doing one thing and someone comes along and wants you to do something else, you have to drop everything and take care of the most urgent request. This is something I struggle with in my current job so I know that if I worked there it would only be a matter of time until I explode like a ticking time bomb.

Truthfully, I'd like to get out of office work because I hate the politics involved in most places. I am stuck looking for office jobs, though, because any other job would simply be entry level. Office work is what I've been doing my whole life. I'm sick of it, though.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #779 on: March 10, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
I generally put out of my mind things that bother me and don't think or care about them.

It helps out a lot.