login

Author Topic: The Economic Downturn..  (Read 121029 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: The Economic Downturn..
« Reply #540 on: September 20, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »
Best of luck (and skill), Thrifty!  :)

P.S. I know it's a rocky economy, but you guys meant "geographical", right?  ;D
No.  Don't you keep up with the news?  Everyone knows that the nanotechnology sector is booming in the outer mantle.

Heck no everyone knows the cores got the hottest job market on earth

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #541 on: September 20, 2011, 01:30:31 PM »
Best of luck (and skill), Thrifty!  :)

P.S. I know it's a rocky economy, but you guys meant "geographical", right?  ;D
No.  Don't you keep up with the news?  Everyone knows that the nanotechnology sector is booming in the outer mantle.

Heck no everyone knows the cores got the hottest job market on earth

I just applied for a data entry job at the Conglomerate. Fingers crossed!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #542 on: September 20, 2011, 01:31:28 PM »
If you absolutely HATE your job and it is affecting the rest of your life and going there is a unbearable........ leaving is the right thing to do.   Something will open up somewhere.

If you can.  A lot of people have no choice but to grin and bear it.  But really the stress and humiliation of this job has been getting worse every month since sometime around July 2010.  I remember at the Rifftrax Live show for Jack the Giant Killer, I couldn't even enjoy the show because I was so worried about the next day at work.  I enjoyed watching The Wire earlier this year, but every time someone mentioned the name "Greggs", it reminded me of some horrible issue I had with someone here named Grieggs that I would have to deal with.  I would have gone searching and quit earlier, but as a contract job I knew it would end on its own.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #543 on: October 07, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »
I might need to start a new thread for amusing stories from doing Data Collection.  It's not really a blog worthy job (although I had one when I was working in a mailroom which was fun).  But it makes for more than simple Facebook status updates.

Highlight of today, cracking my skull off an anchor that was hanging over the side of a boat in someones back yard.  Not too much blood loss but man does my head hurt.  I was coming around the corner of the boat and there wasn't much room because of a bush and some piles of dog crap, so I was watching out for that stuff & didn't see the corner of the anchor until it too late.  It was like slow motion "nooooo"CRACK!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #544 on: October 07, 2011, 03:53:08 PM »
If you absolutely HATE your job and it is affecting the rest of your life and going there is a unbearable........ leaving is the right thing to do.   Something will open up somewhere.

If you can.  A lot of people have no choice but to grin and bear it.  But really the stress and humiliation of this job has been getting worse every month since sometime around July 2010.  I remember at the Rifftrax Live show for Jack the Giant Killer, I couldn't even enjoy the show because I was so worried about the next day at work.  I enjoyed watching The Wire earlier this year, but every time someone mentioned the name "Greggs", it reminded me of some horrible issue I had with someone here named Grieggs that I would have to deal with.  I would have gone searching and quit earlier, but as a contract job I knew it would end on its own.

Ouch.  So sorry to hear that,I have been there.  I did the 100% wrong thing about it too,one day I blew up at my boss and got myself fired.  That is why I don't work at Wal Mart any more.  Hope something better comes along.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #545 on: October 07, 2011, 04:26:30 PM »
I might need to start a new thread for amusing stories from doing Data Collection.  It's not really a blog worthy job (although I had one when I was working in a mailroom which was fun).  But it makes for more than simple Facebook status updates.

Highlight of today, cracking my skull off an anchor that was hanging over the side of a boat in someones back yard.  Not too much blood loss but man does my head hurt.  I was coming around the corner of the boat and there wasn't much room because of a bush and some piles of dog crap, so I was watching out for that stuff & didn't see the corner of the anchor until it too late.  It was like slow motion "nooooo"CRACK!

Only in New England could you have a maritime accident (involving dog poo) in your backyard.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #546 on: October 07, 2011, 04:41:40 PM »

Only in New England could you have a maritime accident (involving dog poo) in your backyard.

You guys in the midwest don't know what you're missing! 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline darkchashy

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
  • beware strangers baring gifs
« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »
 :gouge:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lei0wVtlczQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lei0wVtlczQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
that's just how we ride.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #548 on: October 09, 2011, 05:42:47 PM »
What a fucking prick!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #549 on: October 09, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »
hahahahaha, stock tips from low level trader.    Yup, that is always a good idea.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #550 on: October 10, 2011, 12:07:16 AM »
Oddly enough i heard something kinda similar (in regards to the safety of the euro zone) from a rather interesting source the other day.  I kinda wonder if the Euro is doomed to fail long term. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #551 on: October 10, 2011, 04:04:13 AM »
I think it's doomed, but then it was born with congenital defects. Thing is the troubled countries might get  boost if they pulled out and restarted their own currencies.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2011, 11:45:53 AM »
My brother's Econ professor is predicting two years till collapse.  Apparently he has a bet riding on it with a few other professors. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #553 on: October 11, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
How is/are he/they defining a collapse?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #554 on: October 13, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »
Hey do you remember how my dad and my brother were fired a few years ago and then then earlier this year they had to go back to working for the same boss?  Well that boss just gave them both two week's notice today.  They are closing down the shop that they work at.  If for some reason you don't hear from me that just means we lost the house and are living on the street.  Things were looking pretty good for us for the first time in about 7 years now they are looking bleaker then ever.

I feel awful,I only bring in about $200-$300 a month.  There isn't much chance I will be able to help. We need jobs,bad.