Author Topic: Disappointing Albums  (Read 5414 times)

Offline Mr.Quark

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
Re: Disappointing Albums
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »
Deftones: Self-Titled

Deftones was my favorite band since about '97. I had seen them 3 times, loved Adreniline and Around the Fur, but White Pony wasn't that great. Then the fourth one came out in 2003 and it pissed me off so bad i gave up on that kind of music all together. Now I pretty much only listen to instrumental stuff.
"Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real" --Neils Bohr

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 10:36:57 AM »
Doesn't exist, but i would think Marleen Matlin Sings the Classics would be pretty disappointing...

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 06:56:40 AM »
For me, it's Traffic's "far from home". God, I love, love, love traffic. IMO one of the best bands from the 70's (I know they were around in the 60's too). Their hallmark mellow rock/jazz style is great for so many moods, music I can really understand and enjoy on many levels. However, they got back together in the early 2000's i think, and slapped together this album. Being a sap, I bought it. Ugh. It really stinks. No direction, no purpose, no inspiration, hardly any hammond organ for pity's sake. just lame. Never buy this disc. Burn it if possible. It is the spawn of Satan >:D.

Well, what you bought there was nothing more than a half assed Steve Winwood album.  Who, by the way hasn't made a decent record since Back in the High Life.