Author Topic: Where's my Futurama?  (Read 108606 times)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: Where's my Futurama?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 07:58:04 AM »
Its hardly a new concept, bands have been releasing cardboard albums for years. Frankly I'm not even surprised DVDs started coming in cardboard.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
I see both sides, I used to get frustrated trying to jam my dozen or so cardboard CDs into the tower slot. But over time I've just come to accept that certain bands don't care about how things sit on my shelf. Is it going to stop me from buy the album? Of course not.

DVD is a little bit of a different animal, like others have said, there will probably be a box set in the future. So if having cardboard cases is still something you haven't adapted to then waiting is actually a smart decision.

For the record, my futurama case is also smashed, and I would prefer a more conventional release. Disc isn't scratched though.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 08:13:17 AM by Minnesota »

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 09:41:21 PM »
Family Guy pulled the same thing on the people that bought their DVD which later became a two-part episode. Glad I wasn't one of those people.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Doctor Who?

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 05:41:46 AM »
What gets me is that the Simpsons season 11 is in one of those stupid cases now.

I work at a Wal mart and I can tell you every time a DvD comes out in one of those cases we get a lot of returns because of scratched disc.

Now with people having to drive back to the store and get a new disc are we really saving carbon with these cases?

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 05:53:07 AM »
If and when the movies are packaged together I would bet they will still be in their current packages, with a slipcover that goes over all of them. But that's just what the What If machine tells me.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »
Yep in my Wal Mart season 11 is in that stupid cardboard case thing,and it sill costs $40.

If you ask me they should charge less for DvDs that are in cardboard cases since 1)they are saving money on packaging and 2)the discs are more likely to be scratched.

We have gotten so many copies of the Futurama movies returned because of those cases.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:17:32 PM by Doctor Who? »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 986
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 01:14:37 PM »
What gets me is that the Simpsons season 11 is in one of those stupid cases now.

I work at a Wal mart and I can tell you every time a DvD comes out in one of those cases we get a lot of returns because of scratched disc.

Now with people having to drive back to the store and get a new disc are we really saving carbon with these cases?

Wait, what? No real case? FUCK.

Yep. My copy of disc 2 of Simpsons season 11 is almost completely unreadable. At least put the discs in a paper sleeve, folks. It's not rocket science.

Offline itsjuststeffnow

• Magneto-cent Member
    • check out my myspace!!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhk.

Well now what the hell am I supposed to do?

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Buy a bunch of paper sleeves.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 06:28:49 PM »
Putting the discs in paper sleeves doesn't stop them from being unplayible when you buy them.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 06:54:26 PM »
I think Matt Groening is the one making them do this as he is best buds with Al Gore and I haven't seen any other Fox shows and movies packaged like this.

it really stupid people are having to go back to the store and get new copies or make their own cases so these discs are creating more pollution not reducing it.

Offline itsjuststeffnow

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »
Putting the discs in paper sleeves doesn't stop them from being unplayible when you buy them.

Nice one, I totally forgot about that.  Stupid Fox jerks!   :angry:  They want us to break the DVD's don't they?!?!?!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 09:02:20 PM »
Yes as I said we have had alot of the Futurama discs returned.

I got an unplayible copy of Bender's big score from Netflix twice before I got a playible copy.

I am sure scratched discs are the reason both Furturama movies and season 11 of the Simpsons still  have waits on them with netflix.

They just let them bang around inside the cardboard and the worst part is it's not saving anything.

Offline itsjuststeffnow

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 09:21:32 PM »
Well, hard plastic cases have their set backs too.  How many cases do you have that has all the tabs (that hold the disc in place) broken off? I wouldn't even want to count mine i have so many. 

Doctor Who?

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 09:48:48 PM »
True but I don't think nearly the number of discs have been sold unplayible in plastic cases.

The thing is all they would need to do is put the disc in a paper sleeve and the problem would be solved but for some reason they will not do this.

I have stopped buying  Futurama and The Simpsons until they start shipping them in good cases that will not destroy the discs and will not fall apart after one week.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 07:02:11 AM »
i think they should be sent in cast iron case wrapped in silk.  Neither of those things cause carbon right?