Author Topic: Ronin Fox Trax: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (RELEASED!)  (Read 13982 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4869
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Ronin Fox Trax: Star Trek: The Motion Picture
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 09:22:37 AM »
Scott was testing the PAL version, which is why he watched it. Sorry about the tease, guys. :(

:grr:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »
Scott was testing the PAL version, which is why he watched it. Sorry about the tease, guys. :(

:grr:

What, what he grrrr-ed

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1580
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 04:07:09 PM »
It''s worth waiting for I promise.... I just didn't have to.  ;D

Scott was testing the PAL version, which is why he watched it. Sorry about the tease, guys

That works better with your avatar.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2504
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 05:17:44 PM »
Yeah, I'm still waiting for the iRiff upload system to be online, and as I've found out from the aforementioned PAL test I do need to do a bit of re-recording in the instructions of the PAL version, but both versions should be ready for the main launch.

Thanks again for the input Scott, glad you enjoyed it.  Gotta throw a lot of credit to Scrivener for the points you brought up, who also obviously has a love of the series.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Ronin Fox Trax: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Coming 11/05/08)
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »
Well it's been announced.  We can start uploading our iRiffs on November 5th, so that's what I'ma gonna do.

It may not be the right movie for such a line, but you will remember, remember, the fifth of November.

Also I've been recording a bonus track of sorts, I've mentioned the idea of it here and there.  It's more like a standard DVD commentary as it's pretty much just my unrehearsed rambling about what I really think of the movie and what it was like to make this riff.  If I listen to it afterward and it seems like anything anyone else would want to hear, I'll slip it into the same package as the riff.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 07:37:26 PM »
That sounds Cool..  :o

Maybe you could put that extra commentary in during the closing credits, as I cut out the opening dialog for synching purposes.. :-\

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »
Excellant...... waiting for the iRiff to watch this snoozefest again.

Cover 99% done, just need your movie write up.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 04:53:43 AM »

Maybe you could put that extra commentary in during the closing credits, as I cut out the opening dialog for synching purposes.. :-\

The bonus commentary is a separate track entirely that you would sync up the same way as the main track, so if you like it you could make it an alternate audio track on your reauthor.

I was planning on using the same text as on the first post of this thread as my write up. 

Once upon a time in the seventies a science fiction movie arrived in theaters that redefined what movies could be. Exciting, magical, overwhelming! That movie of course, was Star Wars...then Paramount said "What do we have that we can use to milk these sci-fi fans dry with?"

Thus Star Trek made its debut in film, with Star Trek: The Motion Picture, a story so big, so massive, so filled with endless repetitive and slow paced miniature effects shots, that it took the big screen to hold it all.

Now if they'd put anything else worthwhile in the movie it might be remembered more fondly, but what the heck, that's what Star Trek II is for.

Ronin Fox Trax presents this fan-riff (the first one from RFT intended for Rifftrax's iRiffs section) of the biggest false start to a major film franchise we may ever see.

Featuring Ronin Fox and DraCCu with the writing talents of Ronin Fox and Scrivener.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 04:56:36 AM »

The bonus commentary is a separate track entirely that you would sync up the same way as the main track, so if you like it you could make it an alternate audio track on your reauthor.
Oh wow!! :o

That's even Better!! :clap: :clap:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 10:07:48 AM »

I was planning on using the same text as on the first post of this thread as my write up. 

Once upon a time in the seventies a science fiction movie arrived in theaters that redefined what movies could be. Exciting, magical, overwhelming! That movie of course, was Star Wars...then Paramount said "What do we have that we can use to milk these sci-fi fans dry with?"

Thus Star Trek made its debut in film, with Star Trek: The Motion Picture, a story so big, so massive, so filled with endless repetitive and slow paced miniature effects shots, that it took the big screen to hold it all.

Now if they'd put anything else worthwhile in the movie it might be remembered more fondly, but what the heck, that's what Star Trek II is for.

Ronin Fox Trax presents this fan-riff (the first one from RFT intended for Rifftrax's iRiffs section) of the biggest false start to a major film franchise we may ever see.

Featuring Ronin Fox and DraCCu with the writing talents of Ronin Fox and Scrivener.

Excellant!   I will have the cover done shortly.......   

I almost want to see the snoozefest again so I can hear the commentary track..... what is wrong with all of us?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »
I think We subliminally miss Star Trek :-X

anais.jude

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
you subliminally love Ronin (in a non-sexual way, of course)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »
Here is what I have for the cover so far.   Trying to keep it somewhat consistent with RFT-001 and 002.   

Any changes you would like, please let me know.

http://pslowner.smugmug.com/gallery/2505605_puaSW#405565132_9ZqKd

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »
OOO.. Preeetyyy... :o

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2008, 04:54:16 PM »
Here is what I have for the cover so far.   Trying to keep it somewhat consistent with RFT-001 and 002.   

Any changes you would like, please let me know.

http://pslowner.smugmug.com/gallery/2505605_puaSW#405565132_9ZqKd

Looks as fantastic as your Nightmare covers to me.  It will sit proudly on my DVD shelf.

gum.co/RFTrocky