Author Topic: This really passes for a "band"??  (Read 32076 times)

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: This really passes for a "band"??
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2008, 05:28:53 PM »
...uh huh, your many issues aside.  That makes little or no difference to their post-boy band success.

You said they went on to be "really good". Success is not equal to talent. If it were, Britney Spears and Madonna would be exceptionally talented artists.

That argument makes no sense to me.  Success, though relative, can be qualified in terms of sales and money made and so forth, while talent is purely subjective.  Though really, isn't success down to lots of people thinking that someone's talented?

Lots of people buying someone's CD does not make them talented, nor does it mean that the 14 year olds buying the music think they're talented. Due to peer pressure, it's difficult for people to go against the grain. It's called marketing, which corporations tend to be really good at. Hell, they've even got us all convinced that there's a real difference between the Democraps and the Republishams.
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »
...uh huh, your many issues aside.  That makes little or no difference to their post-boy band success.

You said they went on to be "really good". Success is not equal to talent. If it were, Britney Spears and Madonna would be exceptionally talented artists.

Again: Scott was referring to Timberlake and Whalberg's acting endeavors. Timberlake gave an excellent performance in Black Snake Moan, while Whalberg delivered an excellent performance in Martin Scorsese's The Departed. Timberlake and Whalberg were both successful outside of their music careers because they were able to cross over to acting and deliver good performances. (I didn't even recognize Timberlake in Southland Tales--another great movie). And regardless of whatever you think of Madonna, she does have talent, or else Quentin Tarantino, who knows a lot more about music and film than you could ever dream about, wouldn't have devoted an entire monologue to an analyzation of her lyrics in the opening sequence of Reservoir Dogs and later got her cast in Four Rooms. You are not one to put down another's taste considering your views on Joel Schumacher's Batman movies.

I would much rather watch the campy Schumacher versions of Batman.

This is about MUSIC, not their acting. But if they're such great actors, maybe they should just stick to that instead of polluting the musical gene pool with their watered-down pop music.

And fuck that overrated hack Tarantino. The motherfucker doesn't even know who he is.

As far as my preference on the Batman films, I like unintentional comedies. Otherwise, I'm not much of a fan of movies outside of those such as This Is Spinal Tap, Best In Show, A Mighty Wind... in other words, anything that Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer or Fred Willard are involved with.

But lets get back to the subject of MUSIC, since this is the MUSIC board, Isaac and talk about your love for the unintentionally hilarious ICP. You fail at life if you actually think those guys have the talent to do anything other than serve burgers and fries.. and I really doubt they have the capacity to do THAT. I hope Squiggy 2 Dumb and Varicose J end up killing themselves and you follow suit. Lets clean the Earth up a bit, shall we?

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2008, 05:48:23 PM »

Again: Scott was referring to Timberlake and Whalberg's acting endeavors. Timberlake gave an excellent performance in Black Snake Moan, while Whalberg delivered an excellent performance in Martin Scorsese's The Departed. Timberlake and Whalberg were both successful outside of their music careers because they were able to cross over to acting and deliver good performances. (I didn't even recognize Timberlake in Southland Tales--another great movie). And regardless of whatever you think of Madonna, she does have talent, or else Quentin Tarantino, who knows a lot more about music and film than you could ever dream about, wouldn't have devoted an entire monologue to an analyzation of her lyrics in the opening sequence of Reservoir Dogs and later got her cast in Four Rooms. You are not one to put down another's taste considering your views on Joel Schumacher's Batman movies.

I would much rather watch the campy Schumacher versions of Batman.

This is about MUSIC, not their acting. But if they're such great actors, maybe they should just stick to that instead of polluting the musical gene pool with their watered-down pop music.

And fuck that overrated hack Tarantino. The motherfucker doesn't even know who he is.

As far as my preference on the Batman films, I like unintentional comedies. Otherwise, I'm not much of a fan of movies outside of those such as This Is Spinal Tap, Best In Show, A Mighty Wind... in other words, anything that Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer or Fred Willard are involved with.

You know, all I get out of your posts is "fuck fuck fuck fuck fucking fucker motherfucker fuck you fuck". Might want to tone your posts down before talking about unintentional hilarity.

But lets get back to the subject of MUSIC, since this is the MUSIC board, Isaac and talk about your love for the unintentionally hilarious ICP. You fail at life if you actually think those guys have the talent to do anything other than serve burgers and fries.. and I really doubt they have the capacity to do THAT. I hope Squiggy 2 Dumb and Varicose J end up killing themselves and you follow suit. Lets clean the Earth up a bit, shall we?

The fact that you consider Insane Clown Posse to be unintentionally hilarious says a lot about your intelligence level. The comedic aspects of their work is clearly intentional. They're not trying to do The Day the Clown Cried. They're smartasses, slackers, jokers, etc. They know well enough not to deliver the kinds of unintentionally hilarious retorts that idiots like yourself frequently deliver to the rest of the board while trying to argue about the color of the sky. If we're going to talk about "cleaning up the Earth" through suicide, let's start with you, because we could really use a few less argumentative morons who are unaware of the fact that their IQ is lower than their shoelace size. And, for the record, they are talented. Just ask Chuck D. You are not to argue with Chuck D because you are a moron and Chuck D is a living legend in hip hop.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 07:27:45 AM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »
You know, all I get out of your posts is "fuck fuck fuck fuck fucking fucker motherfucker fuck you fuck". Might want to tone your posts down before talking about unintentional hilarity.

Actually, you might have taken notice that it was satire. Of course, you're so retarded you probably think satire belongs on zacar. Have you ever paid any fucking attention to the fucking way your motherfucking hero Quentin fucking Tarantino speaks, motherfucker? So perhaps this one-sided love affair you have with a man who doesn't know where he comes from has caused you only to pick out the profanities in my posts. Either that, or your questionable taste in a group that chooses to paint themselves up and NOT sound like Immortal. At least they have the ability to create music which overshadows their goofy image.

The fact that you consider Insane Clown Posse to be unintentionally hilarious says a lot about your intelligence level. The comedic aspects of their work is clearly intentional. They're not trying to do The Day the Clown Cried. They're smartasses, slackers, jokers, etc.

Such wisdom! Considering a goofy group to be unintentionally hilarious because they chose their image is surely the greatest indicator of intelligence next to equating sales figures with the level of talent. I am absolutely amazed at how you come to such conclusions. I'm convinced that you simply come up with arguments and then work your way backwards in order to fill in the blanks. In fact, I'll bet that if we read your posts backwards, there will be a hidden message that says you're down with God and that's the message you've been preaching all along, trying to persuade us heathens to live a better life through the love of Jesus Christ.

They know well enough not to deliver the kinds of unintentionally hilarious retorts that idiots like yourself frequently deliver to the rest of the board while trying to argue about the color of the sky.

That's rich, coming from you... oh, and would you care to explain "Slim Anus", their retort to Eminem?

The color of the sky has already been explained to you. I'm sorry if you're not bright enough to understand that it's all an illusion. If only we could see the world through your eyes, Isaac... why, we'd probably see everyone wearing clown makeup BUT Inane Clod Pussies.

If we're going to talk about "cleaning up the Earth" through suicide, let's start with you, because we could really use a few less argumentive morons who are unaware of the fact that their IQ is lower than their shoelace size.

[size=8]IRONY ALERT!!![/size]

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2008, 11:32:41 AM »

Actually, you might have taken notice that it was satire. Of course, you're so retarded you probably think satire belongs on zacar.

Ignoring the complete non sequitur ("You probably think satire belongs on Zacar"), I'm sure that you believe that calling everyone who doesn't agree with your views on...well, anything, idiots, retards, etc. every other sentence will enhance your reputation and make you look better. It doesn't. It makes you look even stupider. See, you are kind of viewed as the village idiot around here. Everyone makes fun of you. I, at least, come off as being genuine, because my username is my actual name, not an association with the inside of an anus.

Have you ever paid any fucking attention to the fucking way your motherfucking hero Quentin fucking Tarantino speaks, motherfucker? So perhaps this one-sided love affair you have with a man who doesn't know where he comes from has caused you only to pick out the profanities in my posts.

Tarantino does not curse every other sentence, as you have in your posts. A reminder: Mad magazine is not a newspaper. You believe that Tarantino fucking curses a fucking lot because you ignore every fucking thing someone fucking else fucking says except for the fucking parts with the fucking curses, motherfucker.

Either that, or your questionable taste in a group that chooses to paint themselves up and NOT sound like Immortal. At least they have the ability to create music which overshadows their goofy image.

Again, you miss the point. They chose a goofy image because of the humor involved in their music. You don't realize this because you think that Quentin Tarantino curses every other motherfucking sentence all of the motherfucking time.

The fact that you consider Insane Clown Posse to be unintentionally hilarious says a lot about your intelligence level. The comedic aspects of their work is clearly intentional. They're not trying to do The Day the Clown Cried. They're smartasses, slackers, jokers, etc.

Such wisdom! Considering a goofy group to be unintentionally hilarious because they chose their image is surely the greatest indicator of intelligence next to equating sales figures with the level of talent. I am absolutely amazed at how you come to such conclusions. I'm convinced that you simply come up with arguments and then work your way backwards in order to fill in the blanks. In fact, I'll bet that if we read your posts backwards, there will be a hidden message that says you're down with God and that's the message you've been preaching all along, trying to persuade us heathens to live a better life through the love of Jesus Christ.

I say what I want to say. The fact that you continuously miss the points I make means nothing other than that you are little more than a dumb little twerp who thinks that he has a point. My posts, at least, say something when read forwards. Your posts say nothing, backwards or forwards. And I'm sorry that you feel the need to make fun of others for having different philosophical views than you do. I used to be like that, too. When I was in complete denial. You don't appear to be so lucky. I think you'll wind up in denial for the rest of your life.

They know well enough not to deliver the kinds of unintentionally hilarious retorts that idiots like yourself frequently deliver to the rest of the board while trying to argue about the color of the sky.

That's rich, coming from you... oh, and would you care to explain "Slim Anus", their retort to Eminem?

Certainly. Eminem is an obnoxious asshole who got rich from ripping off all of Detroit hip hop in addition to New York's Cage--who was actually institutionalized, and whose music and lyrics actually did come from something he experienced, unlike the very, very fake Marshall Mathers, who would eventually get into feuds with everyone inside and outside the music industry, including "Weird Al" Yankovic and Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog. He tried to exploit ICP by putting up posters claiming that they would be appearing at a release party for his first major release, without asking them first, and when they refused to appear, he attacked them in radio interviews. That doesn't sound like an anus to you? Wait, what am I thinking? You are as much of an anus as Eminem is! Where was my head at?

(EDIT -- to be fair, Chuck D has acknowledged Eminem as being an important rapper. Thus, I do not intend any disrespect to the five fans he still has. ;))

The color of the sky has already been explained to you. I'm sorry if you're not bright enough to understand that it's all an illusion.

And I'm sorry that you're not bright enough to realize that I was not actually referring to the sky as being blue, but bringing up an imaginary confrontation in which you confront a person who is more intelligent than you and try to argue about the color of the sky, which you are doing right now.

If only we could see the world through your eyes, Isaac... why, we'd probably see everyone wearing clown makeup BUT Inane Clod Pussies.

You think you are on a roll there, don't you? Unfortunately, the only person who knows what you are talking about is yourself. Because you the only being who is under the impression that anyone other than you cares about what I think about an underground rap group, or that this group defines anything about who I am beyond the fact that the majority of what I enjoy is classic rock and blues, experimental music, funk, soul, reggae, old school hip hop and underground hip hop, and that you can find about a dozen artists that are generally well-liked. I enjoy ICP because I find their music to be pretty damn creative, and I get what they are talking about and come from. The fact that you do not find the music of ICP to be interesting means nothing, considering that people who are more important than you are like or appreciate the group, and that they maintain a large group of fans and are able to make a lot of money while under the mainstream radar. But who cares about that, considering that Ingrown Asshair is the all-knowing God of musical knowledge, even though he's the kind of moron who would try to start an argument about what color the FUCKING SKY is.

If we're going to talk about "cleaning up the Earth" through suicide, let's start with you, because we could really use a few less argumentative morons who are unaware of the fact that their IQ is lower than their shoelace size.

[size=8]IRONY ALERT!!![/size]

Wow. That certainly solidifies your status as the most intelligent being on the forum with the best knowledge of musical history! ::) Remind me to buy you a gun for Yom Kippur, so while you try to figure out how to use it, you accidentally blow your own fucking head off, motherfucker. (I figured that you might ignore everything I say unless it had a few motherfucking curse fucking words, so I fucking figured that I might fucking put a few of those fuckers in, fucker.)

By the way, you're still forgetting one thing....ESHAM INFLUENCED KOOL KEITH! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! ESHAM CREATED ACID RAP!

And you STILL haven't explained why Hed PE are not legitimate musicians.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:44:23 PM by Isaac »

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #155 on: September 27, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »

That argument makes no sense to me.  Success, though relative, can be qualified in terms of sales and money made and so forth, while talent is purely subjective.  Though really, isn't success down to lots of people thinking that someone's talented?

Lots of people buying someone's CD does not make them talented, nor does it mean that the 14 year olds buying the music think they're talented. Due to peer pressure, it's difficult for people to go against the grain. It's called marketing, which corporations tend to be really good at. Hell, they've even got us all convinced that there's a real difference between the Democraps and the Republishams.

No, actually, there is. The Democrats blow, and the Republicans suck! (Special thanks to Lewis Black.)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2008, 04:17:20 PM »
That was a lot of words to pass to get here... Anyway... Here is a funny article on Something Awful about these dorks:  http://www.somethingawful.com/d/garbage-day/hollywood-undead.php

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »
I love impartial reviews.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2008, 05:47:22 AM »
I have a better name for this band: Gwarillaz.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »
I have a better name for this band: Gwarillaz.

God, if only that were their real name...

Someone would tell Gwar, and they'd show up and kick the living shit out of them!! Then Gwar would shower them with slime and puke and we'd all celebrate!!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »
Is it too soon to start camping outside the record store for their new album?  It's less than a month away!   :gouge:

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2009, 01:24:57 PM »
This is the first I've seen of this thread due to K1's necropost.  I love the flame war on the first few pages.  It reads like a Larry Groznic column, but with music.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2009, 01:42:32 PM »
That's the best part of the thread!   :D  (Didn't mind the necropost since I got to reread some of the craziness for kicks.)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2009, 02:48:23 PM »
We even had some guy offer us $100 to sell him our promo copy so he could get it early....

Aw come on!  Stop mocking me!  I'm a HUGE fan and thought I'd be able to get the hookup from a fellow board member!   :D

Please tell me you sold it to him and split the money with everyone.

Can you imagine the shame he'd feel after bragging to his friends that he got it early and actually listened to it?

Ha ha! We were doing some cleaning at our store yesterday and I just put that same promo copy in the trash compacter!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »
We even had some guy offer us $100 to sell him our promo copy so he could get it early....

Aw come on!  Stop mocking me!  I'm a HUGE fan and thought I'd be able to get the hookup from a fellow board member!   :D

Please tell me you sold it to him and split the money with everyone.

Can you imagine the shame he'd feel after bragging to his friends that he got it early and actually listened to it?

Ha ha! We were doing some cleaning at our store yesterday and I just put that same promo copy in the trash compacter!