login

Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 294865 times)

Offline Keroppi20

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • I've got compassion running out of my nose, pal!
    • Want to Learn More About Me?
Re: What are you working on?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »
You know what might be a good idea? Old Doctor Who stories, like say, The Curse of Fenric.

I'll bet a lot of fans of Rifftrax are also Doctor Who fans.

I'm also tempted to try something that is technically a documentary, like "Ghost Hunters".

Heh, doing one of those ghost shows would be fun, since they always ask the ghosts stupid questions which you could then answer as the spirit  :)  Plus anything shot in night vision already has a humorous element to it.
I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.

-Vash

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 06:38:09 AM »
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (not the current film, but the Cartoon Network series from a couple years ago)

This could be fun, although there's not a whole lot of opportunities for sync lines.

Offline MattMcClowry

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • facebook.com/mattmcclowry
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 06:39:12 AM »

This is a pet project I started writing with a friend a year ago that's been on the back burner for a little while, but the advent of Iriffs has pushed it to the front of my heretofore nonexistent to-do list. We've also done a little bit of informal riffing on The Apple, Can't Stop the Music, and Enter the Ninja, among others, such as the Matt Salinger Captain America but that doesn't exist on anything other than VHS and bootleg DVD..
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:45:45 AM by MattMcClowry »

Offline RockSiren

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 24
    • The Store
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 07:26:19 AM »
Okay got "Chopping Mall" here, "Demons of Ludlow" (a haunted harpsichord fpr gods sake!) and "Are You Scared".  Two of them are actually done already, just gotta get the final things done.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »
such as the Matt Salinger Captain America but that doesn't exist on anything other than VHS and bootleg DVD..

Don't let that stop you; I'm working on the bootleg Justice League of America pilot.  :)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 413
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 09:53:50 AM »
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (not the current film, but the Cartoon Network series from a couple years ago)

This could be fun, although there's not a whole lot of opportunities for sync lines.

True. It's also a really good series, and I'm worried that it may take a while to develop the skill to riff something of genuine quality.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 413
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 09:54:31 AM »
such as the Matt Salinger Captain America but that doesn't exist on anything other than VHS and bootleg DVD..

Don't let that stop you; I'm working on the bootleg Justice League of America pilot.  :)

You're a brave, brave man.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 10:29:51 AM »
Brave and bold, baby.  ;)

M@

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 922
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 03:21:33 PM »
I am working on an iRiff of me talking over my mixed down copy of the Roadhouse Rifftrax.   ;D
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Lazlo

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »
Don't know what movie to riff on.  :(

Offline zenmichael

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 10
    • Holy Nightmare Productions
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 02:08:39 AM »
I have what I would assume is a ridiculously Mt. Everest-level unreachable goal of trying to complete the entire series of Star Trek: Voyager. it's just SO RIPE, like a melon. like a drippy, juicy melon. but it's not dripping melon juice; it's dripping EVIL.

in any case, about 50% through writing the riff for the pilot and am trying to slowly but surely figure out how to edit the sucker together.

thinking of calling "us" (so far myself and at least two other people involved off and on) either Project: Veejer (if i actually stick to the Voyager-ing) or Ice on Mars.

MTB
Michael T Bradley
Ice on Mars

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2298
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2008, 02:19:07 AM »
I have what I would assume is a ridiculously Mt. Everest-level unreachable goal of trying to complete the entire series of Star Trek: Voyager. it's just SO RIPE, like a melon. like a drippy, juicy melon. but it's not dripping melon juice; it's dripping EVIL.

in any case, about 50% through writing the riff for the pilot and am trying to slowly but surely figure out how to edit the sucker together.

thinking of calling "us" (so far myself and at least two other people involved off and on) either Project: Veejer (if i actually stick to the Voyager-ing) or Ice on Mars.

MTB

I like the Ice on Mars name.  I wouldn't suggest limiting yourself to Voyager myself, but even if you do the Ice on Mars name is spacey enough to cover it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008, 06:48:23 AM »
For those doing planning on doing shorts this list may come in handy

http://www.metafilter.com/65836/MST3K-The-Shorts

A listing of every short done by MST3K.   
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2008, 09:06:54 AM »
My first Everest to climb is the old fantasy movie "Krull."  It's my first choice because I'd actually started writing for it long, long ago, and just never finished it.  The original plan was to do it all-out, silhouettes and all.  I even bought a green screen for it.  I've since lost what I'd written, but I'm confident the great riffs will come back to me, while the dead weight will fall away.  I do still have my timecoded "riff print" of it to work from, so that's one step fewer.

After that, I'll probably start looking at old superhero serials, like the 1943 and 1949 Batman and Robin serials.  Back when the Batmobile was a roomy, reasonably priced family car, and STATELY WAYNE MANOR was a 2-story in the suburbs.  I have a special fondness for the older material, and will probably focus most of my efforts there.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:21:40 AM by Indomitus »

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2008, 12:27:04 PM »

Ooh you caught my attention with that one.