login

Author Topic: If you could bring back one TV show....  (Read 39751 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: If you could bring back one TV show....
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »
Oh I absolutely concur with The Storyteller, though I'd not be too scared about the CGI. Don't Disney only own the big Henson productions not the more fringe things?

Considering the number of folktales out there they could make a series with different storytellers and have the presence of Dog linking them all;  he's always with The Storyteller be he (or she) the old European one, the Greek one or say a Caribbean storyteller or an African story teller or an Asian storyteller.

I'd redo the show with say two stories from each region or period.

I'd  have so loved to work for the Henson company, but especially back when Jim was still with us  :'(

Anyway I'd like to bring back Spitting Image (yes I really rather like puppets) satire (and puppets) never get old.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:33:48 AM by Earth President Richard M. Nixon »

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 11:44:27 AM »
Well, obviously MST3K but also:

The live action  The Tick

Critic would be in my top 5-6.

MST3K I didn't put because well we got Rifftrax and that is in someways better and other ways not as good as MST3K. But I would bring back MST3K as well if we'd still keep Rifftrax... cause I'm glad big budget crap is getting it's just dues of being riffed. No more picking on just the old and frail movies. Seriously. Picking on something like Beast of Yucca Flats is pretty easy to do. A Homeless man could practically afford the rights to it. But getting to mock Battlefield Earth... priceless.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »
I too would bring back AD.  I would also bring back Coupling for at least a couple specials, preferably with both Jeff and Oliver (I liked Oliver, sue me), but that's totally unlikely what with Moffat taking over Who (he's a bit busy.) 

I'd also bring back Sifl & Olly.  It's crescent fresh!

Sifl and Olly!!!  Precious Roy! 
You know the problems I've been having with my hookers. 

(And I would also bring back Deadwood.)

CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so thinking about starting this exact thread yesterday. Anyway, I would bring back Arrested Development. There are so many shows I have loved that got cancelled too early, but AD is the only one I still mourn on a daily basis.

When Chester sees the bubbles, it never fails to make me laugh.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »
I too would bring back AD.  I would also bring back Coupling for at least a couple specials, preferably with both Jeff and Oliver (I liked Oliver, sue me), but that's totally unlikely what with Moffat taking over Who (he's a bit busy.) 

You've been having some serious ass hooker problems.

Folks if you're like me, you stash a lot of gold and Spanish dubloons around your house. Yeah, it's normal.

Let's take it over to Precious Roy.  Precious?

THIS IS PRECIOUS ROY!  YOU KIDS GET OFF MY PROPERTY!

No, Precious, it's the Pirate Cripplers.

PIRATES?  YOU GUYS ARE SUCKERSSSSSSSS!

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »

What first came to mind was Buffy, but I'm really loving it in the comic book medium. There isn't any limitations on what Joss/etcetera can do with the material, and I wouldn't have it presented any other way from Season Eight on forward.

Secondly, I thought of Spaced. It's so fantastic. However, it has served its purpose for me, and I'm very excited to see what else Edgar and his crew have to offer throughout their careers. So I'm pro-future on this one...

Third, MST3K...but much like Spaced, it also has its place, and I'm loving Rifftrax & CT...so there isn't a want on my end to bring it back.

That leaves Home Movies, The State, or Angel......*takes deep breath*

On second thought, I want a redux of this...

Yeah!  :D

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »

You've been having some serious ass hooker problems.

Folks if you're like me, you stash a lot of gold and Spanish dubloons around your house. Yeah, it's normal.

Let's take it over to Precious Roy.  Precious?

THIS IS PRECIOUS ROY!  YOU KIDS GET OFF MY PROPERTY!

No, Precious, it's the Pirate Cripplers.

PIRATES?  YOU GUYS ARE SUCKERSSSSSSSS!

THIS IS PRECIOUS ROY!  AND MY NAME'S ANDY!

BUY MY HORSE DIVIDERS!  SUCKERS!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »

What first came to mind was Buffy, but I'm really loving it in the comic book medium. There isn't any limitations on what Joss/etcetera can do with the material, and I wouldn't have it presented any other way from Season Eight on forward.

Secondly, I thought of Spaced. It's so fantastic. However, it has served its purpose for me, and I'm very excited to see what else Edgar and his crew have to offer throughout their careers. So I'm pro-future on this one...

Third, MST3K...but much like Spaced, it also has its place, and I'm loving Rifftrax & CT...so there isn't a want on my end to bring it back.

That leaves Home Movies, The State, or Angel......*takes deep breath*

On second thought, I want a redux of this...

Yeah!  :D

Hell yeah!!! Great show and great theme song.. Loved when the team members get their call they walk out on what ever they are doing. Guy is making a pizza, his watch alarm goes off calling him in to the HQ, he drops the pizza and runs out. Guy is fixing someone's car, alarm goes off, he hands the wrench to the motorist and runs off. Priceless

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »

THIS IS PRECIOUS ROY!  AND MY NAME'S ANDY!

BUY MY HORSE DIVIDERS!  SUCKERS!

THIS IS PRECIOUS ROY!  I AIN'T AFRAID OF NO HOOKERS!

No, no, Precious, you're selling SCARE-Hookers.

...BUY MY HOOKERS!  SUCKERS!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »
Hell yeah!!! Great show and great theme song.. Loved when the team members get their call they walk out on what ever they are doing. Guy is making a pizza, his watch alarm goes off calling him in to the HQ, he drops the pizza and runs out. Guy is fixing someone's car, alarm goes off, he hands the wrench to the motorist and runs off. Priceless

With all that money, you'd think Matt could just keep them all on retainer, mind you seeing a bunch of blokes simply lounging around waiting for action might be misinterpreted...

Loved those toys, the show wasnae too bad either.

Offline Tron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 03:42:25 PM »
MST3K
Duckman.
Gary the rat.
Drawn together.
Farscape.
And I'd give NBSG a few more years....

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »
So many listed here that I can't believe I forgot. Definitely want The Critic and Samurai Jack back, ditto for Fawlty Towers (actually, that one would need to be put back about twenty years ago. By now simply too much time has passed). More MST3K would be great, but I'm a bit hesitant about it basically for the same reason everyone else would be, and that's because I love RiffTrax so much I don't want anything else to happen to it (plus I'm not sure if they'd be able to re-capture the spirit of the show at this point).

At first I wanted to say I was all for more Home Movies, but I decided against it. The show had a great run, and I think it went on for just as long as it should've (and the last episode sorta wrapped things up a bit, at least in the style of the show).

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 04:19:32 PM »
Well, obviously MST3K but also:

Samurai Jack (I need closure!)

As cool as it might be, wasn't Mako the voice of the villain?  Might be tough to replace him.

I'd want to see more of the Fox TV version of Greg the Bunny.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 04:26:46 PM »

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Keroppi20

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • I've got compassion running out of my nose, pal!
    • Want to Learn More About Me?
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 05:00:54 PM »

I'd want to see more of the Fox TV version of Greg the Bunny.

YES!
I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.

-Vash

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 06:06:40 PM »

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

-Rude
BINGO! *ding ding ding* We have a winner!