Author Topic: Worst Series Finales  (Read 7496 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3684
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Worst Series Finales
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 11:47:37 AM »
Well, technically, "Project: ALF" was the official series finale.  It aired six years after the show was cancelled and had nobody from the original cast (besides Paul Fusco), but at least we know that ALF's time on Earth didn't end with a sassy, furry autopsy.

No doubt this did little to alleviate your childhood trauma, though.
Too little, too late. He was (Presumably) eternally seperated from the Tanners. It's like if in the season finale of Webster, Webster had been abducted by Rapists. Then 7 years later, a made for TV movie shows he escaped from the rapists and is hiding out in Canada these days, drunk on his own moonshine. Glad he's OK, but the magic is still gone. :^)

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 11:50:32 AM »
The whole thing was a sham anyway.  If you ever want to know the real story behind ALF, check this out.

/shameless self-promotion

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »
Angel I can forgive, because UPN canned them earlier than they intended to. They had to rewrite Season 5 to be the last season, when Joss was planning to actually have 2 more seasons after that.

Exactly, the suits at the WB messed up the last season of Angel. Didn't they pull the rug from underneath Team-Mutant Enemy at the halfway point of the season? I remember being upset by that actually.  :P

And I'm almost positive it was set for 6 seasons.

Not to make it a Buffy thread, but Season 7 was a cheery delight compared to the unending misery and wretchedness of Season 6 (the musical obviously being an exception).

I didn't mind Season 6 at all and liked the idea that the Big Bad was Life (at least that was my interpretation). It was ambitious, but the lesson from that season is....keep Marti Noxon away from everything.

There's just no excuse whatsoever for Buffy sucking as hard as it did, after all those years they had to set up something awesome (and actually knowing, going in, that it was the last season). And the first was the stupidest, lamest, most poorly executed villain EVER.

I'm all but sure Joss was working on Firefly during the 7th season of Buffy and 4th season of Angel...they both suffered. So I blame that!  :P

I respect Firefly but am not a fan.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »
I didn't mind Season 6 at all and liked the idea that the Big Bad was Life (at least that was my interpretation).

I thought it was more like Adulthood and giving up a carefree existence.

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 12:11:20 PM »
I respect Firefly but am not a fan.

Blasphemy.

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 12:15:40 PM »
either way all 3 series are continuing on in one form or another, mostly comic book form, okay

personally, I can't wait to find out more on Shepherd Book, okay
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
Well hate to blaspheme (oh wait that's not me),  I liked Firefly but I'm not the hugest fan, I will watch pretty much anything with Gina Torres in it, I've not picked up a single Firefly comic.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 02:34:27 PM »
I'm just not a comic book person. And I'm sorry... we really WANTED to be fans of Firefly, and we gave it a fair chance. It just wasn't any good to us.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »
The Pretender series...don't get me wrong, this finale was actually really good...the thing is, is they didn't know when they made it that NBC was going to cancel their show, so they didn't know it was going to be the series finale, so it ends on a huge cliffhanger.

...Hate it when that happens

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 03:50:03 PM »
Don;'t ever watch The Italian Job (the original, don't watch the remake for different reasons ;))

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »
Well, technically, "Project: ALF" was the official series finale.  It aired six years after the show was cancelled and had nobody from the original cast (besides Paul Fusco), but at least we know that ALF's time on Earth didn't end with a sassy, furry autopsy.

No doubt this did little to alleviate your childhood trauma, though.
Too little, too late. He was (Presumably) eternally seperated from the Tanners. It's like if in the season finale of Webster, Webster had been abducted by Rapists. Then 7 years later, a made for TV movie shows he escaped from the rapists and is hiding out in Canada these days, drunk on his own moonshine. Glad he's OK, but the magic is still gone. :^)

I knew there was a movie, okay
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline Nuke Mayhem

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
  • Don't suffer from insanity, enjoy it!
    • Nuke's Deviantart Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 10:16:09 PM »
Remember the series finale of Rosanne?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think they just ran out of good ideas and just decided to go with an out-of-nowhere plot twist.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 04:35:28 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But considering that season, I'm glad they tried to make it have never happened, an awful end to a great show.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 08:26:14 AM »
The Enterprise Final still has my vote.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 11:29:54 AM »
The Enterprise Final still has my vote.

Mine too. Not only was it a bad move to kill Tucker, but his death was so contrived that it came across as totally ridiculous.

The X-Files finale is up there too. Years and years of build-up and then no resolution.