login

Author Topic: What did we learn  (Read 12811 times)

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
Re: What did we learn
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 06:01:11 AM »
I learned that there are actually people in this world who don't like cake!  :o

After three pints of oysters, even cake wouldn't sound good to me. In fact I might project three pints of half-digested oysters across the room at the thought of strawberry icing.

I learned that I have to decide whether the higher price for Grade A hot dogs is worth not having to eat the hoof dust in the Grade B kind.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 06:03:23 AM by RobtheBarbarian »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 06:06:46 AM »
I learned that if you are a dinner guest of someone and they cook you a well-done meal with expensive foods, you should tell then that anyone could do that.

Offline ninjacat11

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • The Literal Surrealist
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »
I learned to wear suits on Bean Night.

Also, first post FTW.

Offline Earthbound_X

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 09:12:32 PM »
I learned if you have extra food left after eating, throw it in the garbage, not into the fridge.....RIGHT NEXT TO THE GARBAGE!!!!

I mean come on! Why did they throw it away?

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2662
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »
I learned if you have extra food left after eating, throw it in the garbage, not into the fridge.....RIGHT NEXT TO THE GARBAGE!!!!

I mean come on! Why did they throw it away?

Because the fridge was full, lima beans were in season so they had to stock up on fresh ones!

Offline ninjacat11

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Literal Surrealist
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 01:36:54 PM »
That you can be driven to eat lima beans.

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »
to make sure that my son doesn't join a band called the skinless weiners  :gouge:

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »
I didn't learn anything. I still have no idea how to buy food! Help!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 11:32:42 AM »
That is one of my favorite lines ever.

I spent the whole short laughing at the first line.

Also I learned that people will throw out a whole cake just because they don't feel like eating it at that moment.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 01:20:07 AM »
That was my favorite line from the short itself. They tired of the cake before eating it. WTF? They just got bored with the concept of CAKE and threw it out? What's wrong with these people? Really. These have got to be the stupidest people who never existed. A guy buy TONS of OYSTERS, fries them, thinks that's dinner, and the rest spoil while he and his wife are becoming tired looking at the delicious cake they bought. I get that they don't EAT cake OFTEN, but that doesn't mean you don't LIKE cake. It means you're not a serious fatass who eats cake all the time. Isn't this pretty common? I don't eat cake unless it's someone's birthday. But I don't buy a cake and then go, "Hmm, I don't eat cake very often... that must mean I only like it once a year." This film had to be so offensive to people on the bread lines in Russia. "Here in America, we buy cakes and then just throw them away! Haha, take that, commies!"

Doctor Who?

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »
 ;D :clap: :clap: :clap:

That will teach them!

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »
I learned that 1950's grocery stores must have had a strict "No Returns" policy...otherwise the two quarts of oysters and the cake could go back the next morning.

That men are only good for earning money. Never allow them to spend it.

That there are some people out there with "unlimited income" (since the short says that only "most" incomes are limited).

That grocery stores may be filled with rows and rows of shelves full of cans filled with stuff packed in heavy syrup and bowling ball sized mystery vegetables...and occasionally witches in Peter Frampton wigs who try to convince you that powdered milk tastes like the real stuff....but at least they don't have butchers who follow you home to sing about pork....

Doctor Who?

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 12:00:31 AM »
I learned that 1950's grocery stores must have had a strict "No Returns" policy...otherwise the two quarts of oysters and the cake could go back the next morning.

That men are only good for earning money. Never allow them to spend it.

That there are some people out there with "unlimited income" (since the short says that only "most" incomes are limited).

That grocery stores may be filled with rows and rows of shelves full of cans filled with stuff packed in heavy syrup and bowling ball sized mystery vegetables...and occasionally witches in Peter Frampton wigs who try to convince you that powdered milk tastes like the real stuff....but at least they don't have butchers who follow you home to sing about pork....

Yeah I mean even Bill Gates has a limited income,He can't just buy the earth so who was the narrator talking about?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 03:51:29 AM »
Do stores (other than Dollar stores) still stock grade B and C canned items?   

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 05:22:25 AM »
I learned that they expect us to be able to differentiate between the grade of fruits and vegetables IN A BLACK AND WHITE MOVIE!