Author Topic: 20th Anniv Set Packaging!!!  (Read 54652 times)

Offline JonahFalconNYC

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 6
Re: 20th Anniv Set Packaging!!!
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2008, 07:07:19 PM »
I love the DVD case artwork - they should do that for every MST3K bundle. Especially Laserblast. Crow looks a little too (wonderfully) evil  :cheers:

Offline Wiseblood

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2008, 07:38:31 PM »
I do love how Shout Factory is putting the disks in individual slimline cases.  I really wasn't fond of Rhino's folding cardboard cases.

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2008, 10:17:54 PM »
i dunno i like the foldy things its kinda a pain but it seems more together. 
i dont like how there is no mention of what episode number or air date on the cases at all.
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6691
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2008, 05:49:24 AM »
i dont like how there is no mention of what episode number or air date on the cases at all.

I noticed that too.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2008, 08:11:50 AM »

I took me like, five minutes to get the damned thing open. Then another minute or so to coax the actual DVD box from the tin. So yeah, the packaging looks pretty, but practically... it sucks. I'm sure the regular releases will be much easier to deal with. So i look forward to those!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 857
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2008, 08:24:58 AM »
The non-tin release of this set is going to look exactly like what is in the tin. 4 thinpaks in a slip box. That is more than likely what the next release will be like too.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2008, 03:18:28 PM »
I have mine as well, but haven't opened it yet. Can someone tell me how the quality of the episodes are? Rhino constantly f'ed up their releases: missing segments, missing stingers, video anomalies, etc.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 02:15:51 PM by CHF01 »

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2008, 12:44:48 PM »
Since I'm not working tonight I brought MST3K:TM and this to the Blockbuster I work at yesterday to put on the blu-ray player and less than a minute after bringing the tin case up front and laying it on the counter behind the registers some guy walks up and practically yells "Yes!!! You guys got the new MST3K set!?!?!"

We didn't though, but he seemed happy enough watching 15 minutes of Werewolf before going to Borders

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6691
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2008, 11:29:20 AM »
I was just looking at the tin case and had a thought: How cool would it have been if they had made it a real lunchbox?

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »
Maybe we can still use it as a lunchbox, since it's impossible to put the DVD cardboard case in there and get it out again without serious damage?

I just noticed that nowhere is there any mention of scene selections. Please tell me the didn't pull a film crew on us and leave us with a grand total of two DVD tracks and no scene selection. x_x

Anyway, now that the magic has worn off I'm getting ready to draw up  a list of complaints and suggestions for future editions. =o

I am pleased to see that each DVD has some kind of special feature AND the original trailer. I also think the cover art is rather nice with the Olde Skoole Cinema feel, and all those classic ham-movie poster shock lines.

The episode numbers are something to push though. It costs them nothing, it's extremely easy to implement, and it would provide an improvement over Rhino.

Sooo, does anybody think it's time to start hoarding the Rhino DVDs yet? D= Any ideas that they might skyrocket to market values akin to the price of an original Volume 10 on Amazon.com?
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 857
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »

I just noticed that nowhere is there any mention of scene selections. Please tell me the didn't pull a film crew on us and leave us with a grand total of two DVD tracks and no scene selection. x_x

There are chapter stops at the original commercial breaks but there is no chapter/scene selection menu.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »

Sooo, does anybody think it's time to start hoarding the Rhino DVDs yet? D= Any ideas that they might skyrocket to market values akin to the price of an original Volume 10 on Amazon.com?

doubt anything like that because there are so many more of hte sets that werent pulled immediately but i imagine they might increase im still missing 8 9 and 12 i need to get on those, though 9 is almost as hard to get as an original 10.
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »
Okay, first no episode numbers, then no scene selections?

>_< Come on shout factory! Even Rino always had a scene selection! X_X

What gives?

I think the problem is that we're a very loyal fanbase. =/ Mysties want to support the enterprise, and they have a pathological need to get every episode, so they'll take whatever poorly-packaged minimalist crap is shoveled out there.

*experiences moderate fanboy rage*
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »
Okay, first no episode numbers, then no scene selections?

>_< Come on shout factory! Even Rino always had a scene selection! X_X

What gives?

I think the problem is that we're a very loyal fanbase. =/ Mysties want to support the enterprise, and they have a pathological need to get every episode, so they'll take whatever poorly-packaged minimalist crap is shoveled out there.

*experiences moderate fanboy rage*

These are minor things though, nothing compared to the balls dropped by Rhino.  Something to mention for next time, but nothing to lose sleep or rage about.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3471
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »
These are minor things though, nothing compared to the balls dropped by Rhino.  Something to mention for next time, but nothing to lose sleep or rage about.

Yeah, totally, they are minor things (neither of which bother me in the slightest). They are kind of strange things to leave off, well, maybe not the show numbers, they might not realise that was important to people at all, but a chapter select is kind of standard.

Again though, I don't really care.
FINE