Author Topic: Surprising dog breeds to be wary of  (Read 4879 times)

Offline pstokely

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 16

Offline skenderberg

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
    • War of the Colossal Fan Guide
Re: Surprising dog breeds to be wary of
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 08:37:34 AM »
Why does it matter that weiner dogs are slightly more aggressive?  If one of them bothers me, I can just step on it.  I think I'll still reserve my wariness for dogs that can eviscerate me without half trying.
I thought I was Dale.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:51:22 AM »
Apparently, according to this short, German Shepards can be scared off by Bengi dogs (can't think of the breed).

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 10:03:55 AM »
In Illinois last week, Linda Floyd had to have her dachshund, called Roscoe, put down after the dog gnawed off her big toe while she slept. Mrs Floyd, 56, woke up too late because nerve damage from diabetes had left her with no feeling in her toes.

That's from the link that was included in the article. I'm not sure how much I believe it, being from a British newspaper, but it is pretty gross.

I'm surprised there was no mention of Schipperkes in there. I've had one and he's a rotten little thing. He'll be coming to live with us eventually and to tell you the truth, I'm not looking forward to it.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:36:48 PM »
In Illinois last week, Linda Floyd had to have her dachshund, called Roscoe, put down after the dog gnawed off her big toe while she slept. Mrs Floyd, 56, woke up too late because nerve damage from diabetes had left her with no feeling in her toes.

That's from the link that was included in the article. I'm not sure how much I believe it, being from a British newspaper, but it is pretty gross.

I'm surprised there was no mention of Schipperkes in there. I've had one and he's a rotten little thing. He'll be coming to live with us eventually and to tell you the truth, I'm not looking forward to it.

She is diabetic and has no feeling down there from what I read.

Frankly that is really the only way you could be really hurt by a wiener dog.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »
Weiner dogs can be aggressive and not very smart about it.

Several years back I was taking Shadow (my female doberman) for a walk and a weiner dog came walking over and started to snarl and bark at me.   I acted quick enough to pull back on the leash to stop my very angry dog ("how dare you bark at my master") from chomping it in half.

That would be like me walking up to Karl Malone and start talking crap to him.

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 04:12:31 PM »
My grandma had a chihuahua/dachshund aptly named Sweetie. I don't think I ever heard her growl even once. In fact, she was so friendly that most people in my family found her annoying. It's a good thing they included that little ending blurb on how you can't judge a whole breed. Then again, I never liked chihuahua's or dachshunds. Somehow the combination of the two made a great dog though.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:37:08 AM »
Why does it matter that weiner dogs are slightly more aggressive?  If one of them bothers me, I can just step on it.  I think I'll still reserve my wariness for dogs that can eviscerate me without half trying.

They're also difficult to housetrain!

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 03:20:58 AM »
My niece has a weenie dog who will literally crap on her bed when it's pissed at her.  If she has company over and the dog feels ignored, it heads to the bedroom and does it business.  If she shuts the door, it will just crap in the middle of the floor in front of the guests. It also craps on the bed or floor if it's left too long (which happens a lot because her job sometimes requires her to work over).   She used to keep him locked up during the day, but he literally pulled up the bathroom tile and became emo.

He also bite the bottom half (dachshund jump height) of her mini-blinds for the big bay window in half because anytime anyone walks up, he freaks out and attacks the blinds.

I love animals, but that dog would be getting some doggie downers if he were mine.  My mother thinks I'm disgusting because I will clean up animal poo without really thinking about it.  It's no biggie (I was a zoo keeper and there are towels and gloves if it's really nasty).  However if one were to consistently crap in my bed, we'd have to fight about it.  That's way more disgusting, but according to my niece it's "small and not runny, it's just like he put a rock in the bed."  A dirty, nasty, smelly ass rock.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 01:08:17 AM »
My grand parents had a male dachshund and he was always getting into to fights with other dogs. Infact the little guy died in a fight with a Chow Chow. So for me its not all that surprising.