login

Author Topic: Analyst Says New New Microsoft, Nintendo Consoles by 2010  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Action Batch

Re: Analyst Says New New Microsoft, Nintendo Consoles by 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:26:39 AM »
I flippin LOVE capitalism!

Offline La De Da

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Spy sappn' my smile.
    • The Wooden Nut
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 06:16:25 PM »
2010?  Doubtful.  Mircosoft there's a slight chance. Nintendo only had their system out for 2 years, so razor thin.  Normally they would announce a new system a year before release at E3 or one of the big gaming cons, but that comes after the system has been out for around 5 years.  Gaming systems isn't like a new GPU or CPU, it takes a bit longer then that.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »
I don't see Nintendo shooting the DS and Wii in the foot by making new systems just yet,they are both doing so well.

Remember Nintendo backed the Gameboy for more then a decade with out any real changes.

I am also not sure what Microsoft could do to make the 360 more advanced that can't be solved with a bigger harddrive and a HDMI port.

The PSP already is a battery hog if you give it any more power you will be in trouble.  Maybe Sony will release one with two analog sticks(at last given all the shooters that are on it)and a couple of gigs of internal memory that I don't see a PSP2 coming at this point.

I think we will have to wait a while for the next gen to start because I really don't see much that a new system could do that you can't do with today's and a new gen means you have to talk people into spending another $300-$600 on a new system and I and people I know haven't even taken the plunge on that yet.

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:04:45 AM »

I am also not sure what Microsoft could do to make the 360 more advanced that can't be solved with a bigger harddrive and a HDMI port.

There have been HDMI ports on the pro systems for a year now. There are rumors of 60gb model coming soon and there is plenty of evidence for the price drop on the 13th.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Doctor Who?

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 06:26:23 AM »
OK thanks.

That's going to the battle any new system faces,this gens systems have been upgraded a couple of times so I don't think people are going to be as willing next time to spend $300-$600 on the next version of something they have been upgrading.

Consoles could be about to go the way of the PC,maybe you will just upgrade your ram and stuff every few years.

We will have to wait and see.