Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season Begins August 3!!  (Read 50853 times)

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
Re: 2008 NFL Season Begins August 3!!
« Reply #660 on: January 31, 2009, 07:19:25 PM »
Now, it's just me, myself, and I. The wife will be visiting her family in Charlotte, NC tomorrow so I'll have my own solitary party! :cheers:

Yeah, they have some nice Steelers bars in Charlotte... But I know I'm only an hour away but if I were as close as you, I'd go get some food from The Penguin Drive-in http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=5051

Mmm. they make these crazy good burgers and they dip their own corndogs and they got these fried pickles that are addictive.
Their food is so good it's almost sexual

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #661 on: January 31, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »
Hmm.. Interesting! :o

Might just try to check this place out! :P

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #662 on: January 31, 2009, 07:29:24 PM »
Hmm.. Interesting! :o

Might just try to check this place out! :P

Yeah the prices are pretty reasonable too, the food is awesome. the service is pretty neat too everyone is all tattooed and pierced up. it can get crowded at times but service moves them in and out pretty smoothly

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #663 on: January 31, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »
Call me crazy, but I'm taking the Cardinals in this one.  Call it a gut feeling.

Also, blitzing doesn't work on Kurt Warner.  They won't be able to run the ball, but then again, they've NEVER been able to run the ball, and it hasn't stopped them yet.  As good as the Steelers pass defense is, I don't think Ike Taylor and Delthea Townsend are going to succeed where Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown failed - UNLESS they can get pressure on Kurt Warner.  If the Steelers fail to get to Warner, they're going to have to pray their offense can keep up.  The Cardinals defense will have to play well - and I don't think it's out of the question to think they will.  Their defense isn't bad most of the time.  It's nowhere NEAR as good as the Steelers' D, of course, but it's been good enough this postseason.

Still, I'm not expecting the Steelers to roll over and die in this one - they're a good team and they have a great defense.  They might fare better than the Eagles did, plus they have Ben Roethlisberger, who's a damn good quarterback himself.  And as a Vikings fan, I know from experience the genius of Mike Tomlin.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers won - they're favored for a reason.  However, all things considered, I think the Cards win this one 27-24.

Then the universe will implode.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #664 on: January 31, 2009, 08:05:54 PM »
yeah last year I put $100 on the giants and won $450. so I know anything can happen. of course I loathe the patriots so that helped my decision too
but since I'm a die hard steelers fan, I hope they get their 6th ring. I'm hoping the steelers can get to Warner our pass rush is pretty intense, and with Polamalu you never know what that crazy mofo is going to do all you can count on is 99.9% he is going to be in the vicinity of the ball to be able to make a play.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #665 on: January 31, 2009, 08:19:33 PM »
I am rooting for Warner...... dont give a crap about the ex-STL Cards..... just rooting for Warner.

Going do make shrimp/sausage/cheese stuffed jalapenos and home made White Castle burgers, so i win

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #666 on: January 31, 2009, 08:29:16 PM »
home made White Castle burgers

I like White Castles but in SC they don't have any... infact even if I want Kystals I have to drive 45 minutes near the border of SC/GA.  :(
But that doesnt sound bad.... I might just do that drive there get some Krystal burgers and  then order a pizza or something to get a little variety going on.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #667 on: February 01, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »
Alright!
I has my Buffalo Wings from The Wing King (just a 1/2 mile from my house), on order to pick up at 3pm
(cause they're only allowing pick-up between 3-4pm) :P

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #668 on: February 01, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »
Wings sound good I have another suggestion for you since you live so close...
http://quakersteakandlube.com/Concord_NC/

Their wings are awesome, in my opinion. They don't have one near Columbia though... When I was out of town working in Knoxville, TN for a few months.. They had a location there and I ate there at least twice a week.

I decided against the road trip to Krystals and just ordered Pizza
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:03:49 AM by Dankbuds »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #669 on: February 01, 2009, 12:27:53 PM »
I've heard of that place.. I just don't get to the North side of Charlotte hardly ever.. :-[

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #670 on: February 01, 2009, 12:34:15 PM »
I've heard of that place.. I just don't get to the North side of Charlotte hardly ever.. :-[

not even for Dave and Buster's?

or Carowinds

I live an hour away but I still try to go to D&B's once a month and then I go to Carowinds 2-3 times during the season, I guess Carowinds isnt really North Charlotte though.. but I'm just saying It's an hour for me but only a hop skip and jump for you...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:39:48 PM by Dankbuds »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #671 on: February 01, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »
I don't get out as much as I used too.. :-[

Haven't been to Carowinds in a few seasons when I used to get discounts on season passes from my former employer..

And Dave & Busters I'm Hoping will make a move south of the border to at least Fort Mill :o

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #672 on: February 01, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »

Haven't been to Carowinds in a few seasons when I used to get discounts on season passes from my former employer..

And Dave & Busters I'm Hoping will make a move south of the border to at least Fort Mill :o

Nothing fun ever comes to SC... you should know that.  :(

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #673 on: February 01, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »

Nothing fun ever comes to SC... you should know that.  :(
True.. BUT that's starting to change.. Just up the interstate in Fort Mill, is a place called 'Baxter Village' that's got all sorts of new restaurants opening up.. Pizza parlors, sports bars, and more!

I'm really trying to get up there sometime to see what they've got but Tax Season is keeping me cooped up in my office for now..

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #674 on: February 01, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »
True.. BUT that's starting to change.. Just up the interstate in Fort Mill, is a place called 'Baxter Village' that's got all sorts of new restaurants opening up.. Pizza parlors, sports bars, and more!

I havent heard of Baxter Village but I'll make a point to check it out next time I'm up that way.
Thanks