login

Author Topic: Rock Band 2!  (Read 70200 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Rock Band 2!
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2008, 09:16:53 AM »
Got it today.  Not many Rock Band 2 tracks, but I hope the 20 bonus tracks fill the list more.

"Not many Rock Band 2 tracks" ??

Do you mean tracks that you like?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2008, 09:51:10 AM »
BTW, while I was playing RB2 yesterday one of my friends wanted to chat with me.  I was busy enjoying the awesomeness that is RB2 so I declined.

Five minutes later this same person sends me a text message.  It read "Why are there so many lame songs in this game?"  Now, this is a person who bought RB1 and didn't like the songs in that game either.  So, why would be buy the sequel, especially if he didn't like the songs on the disc?

I ask you, Rifftrax gamers, is this person a complete tool?  Does he have a major mental problem?  Please discuss.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »
BTW, while I was playing RB2 yesterday one of my friends wanted to chat with me.  I was busy enjoying the awesomeness that is RB2 so I declined.

Five minutes later this same person sends me a text message.  It read "Why are there so many lame songs in this game?"  Now, this is a person who bought RB1 and didn't like the songs in that game either.  So, why would be buy the sequel, especially if he didn't like the songs on the disc?

I ask you, Rifftrax gamers, is this person a complete tool?  Does he have a major mental problem?  Please discuss.

I don't get when people complain about the track lists. Especially since RB2 entire list has been public knowledge for what 2 months?? 3 months??
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Axnollouse

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Behold the better matrix!
    • Flying Monkey Productions
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »
A lot of the music isn't my cup of tea but I enjoy it. Then again in my house one minute there is Genesis playing and the next some DevilDriver
Axnollouse, the youngest in the skullf*ckery finals, may win the gold."

Offline Destin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2008, 10:57:31 AM »
What I personaly don't like is that Rockband 1's multiplayer tour is now also its Single player solo tour. The only way you really can unlock more songs is to spend hours "earning fans" and getting 5 stars on songs you mite of already played 3-5 times. I just got the jet and theres still alot more to unlock....

It doesnt help when Blackened keeps showing up on my random song part of the tour either.

So no more all the songs in a list you play them to unlock them. Its more like work your ass off playing the game for 12 hours a day and hopefuly they don't have a never ending setlist of ALLL the songs like Rockband 1 had at the end.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2008, 11:18:44 AM »
You can also unlock songs by completing Battle of the Bands challenges as well as regular Challenges.  This may help you unlock some songs faster.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2008, 11:47:52 AM »
Yeah, the old tier system is now thoughtfully disguised as "Marathon Challenges" for the various instruments, with 6 songs per challenge.  (Rolls eyes) They will unlock the songs though.

Myself, I played for about 3 hours yesterday, discovered that my wrist was getting cramped and my fingers were getting slammed, so I switched over to vocals for a while. My first random vocal set? Sabotage ('cause I just didn't sing enough of that in 1), and the two free DLCs that I had downloaded the night before but hadn't heard yet. (Colbert's song and Versarius?) Thanks guys.

Two random notes:
1) Who exactly sings "You Can Go Your Own Way"? I've always thought it was Christine McVee, but the bearded gentleman in the game seems to inply that it's Lindsey Buckingham.

2) Most of us who've played Rock Band 1 have run across the character whom I like to call "Crazy Homeless Singer Guy" as one of the singers. (You know the one. Flannel shirt. Bushy black beard.) While I haven't seen CHSG yet this game, has anyone else had a bearded, glasses wearing guy with an afro wearing an indian chestpiece pop up in their band yet?

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
1) Who exactly sings "You Can Go Your Own Way"? I've always thought it was Christine McVee, but the bearded gentleman in the game seems to inply that it's Lindsey Buckingham.

Definitely Lindsey, although I think Stevie Nicks joins him on the chorus.  He still sings it to this day, but he can't hit the high register anymore, so it isn't quite the same.

2) Most of us who've played Rock Band 1 have run across the character whom I like to call "Crazy Homeless Singer Guy" as one of the singers. (You know the one. Flannel shirt. Bushy black beard.) While I haven't seen CHSG yet this game, has anyone else had a bearded, glasses wearing guy with an afro wearing an indian chestpiece pop up in their band yet?

Not me.  I'm in DC all week and won't even get to break the shrinkwrap on my RB2 until this weekend.   :'(

Offline OTC316

• Schnappi Supporter
  • The world loves a bastard...
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2008, 03:55:25 PM »

Haven't seen CHSG, But I have seen the chest-piece guy. Anyone else see the Bootsie Collins-looking guy?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2008, 05:43:58 PM »
So it yet another sign that the game was rushed out the door, HMX have finally admitted that Jukebox mode didn't make it to the release build of the game.

Offline La De Da

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Spy sappn' my smile.
    • The Wooden Nut
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2008, 10:27:18 PM »
"Not many Rock Band 2 tracks" ??

Do you mean tracks that you like?
Well.... a little of column A and B.  I do like Reel Big Fish's version of Hungry Like a Wolf.

It might be due some some locked away, like Guitar Hero's "Play more to get more", but after loading up Rock Band 1 songs and the DLC songs, the Rock Band 2 track list looks kind of small  While leads me the other beef I have Rock Band 2, the lack of Solo Tour mode.  I guess it might be easier to start a band and run in as a solo tour, but I much have a mode set a side for just the solo part.  Too bad the Challenge mode require two or more members.  Any which way, I love it and it's better then Rock Band 1, despite the nick picking I point out.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:29:54 PM by La De Da »

Offline Axnollouse

• Big Montana
  • Behold the better matrix!
    • Flying Monkey Productions
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2008, 10:36:23 PM »
Well I can say I don't have all the RB2 songs yet and I am at a total of around 190 songs. That is too many to know what to do with.

Now I agree that the lack of a solo mode sucks being I am someone who is in the process of moving from Hard to Expert in vocals/guitar (sometimes at the same time!) and its hard to get better without the risk of losing fans.

That being said I love how the World Tour works tho. A friend of mine just got his today and he helped me out with a few songs (I cant sing "You Oughta Know" being I have testicles) and it was quick and easy and he got a few songs he wanted like Down With The Sickness and Testify (my usual setlist choices).

Finally it seems they have done some work to the pitch recognition in RB2. I have a weird singing voice and RB1 would have none of that. I failed a few songs on easy.

Now back to trying to get White Wedding sung with 5 stars . . .
Axnollouse, the youngest in the skullf*ckery finals, may win the gold."

Offline TVsAdam

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Personal text for a personal touch
    • Upsetting Shorts (my iRiffs group)
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2008, 07:22:38 AM »
I'm not getting this yet; I'm waiting for the bundle next month.  (I got Guitar Hero 3 with a guitar, then just got the RB1 game, figuring I'd wait for the better instruments, but now I'm stuck without RB2 for the time being...)

But for those of you lucky enough to be playing it right now, yesterday 1up.com posted a code that allows you to unlock all the songs.  If you have a thing against cheating (which I guess this sort of is), I can't help you, but here's the code: Red, Yellow, Blue, Red, Red, Blue, Blue, Red, Yellow, Blue.

Apparently it's the same code from RB1, and also apparently it doesn't allow you to save if you use it, so if you want to PERMANENTLY unlock everything then yeah, you do eventually need to hit up the whole tour.  Or you could just use the code every time, I guess.  Also, the article doesn't say where exactly you're supposed to input the code.  (I'm assuming the main menu?) 

Still, it's something.  Hey, shut up, I'm just trying to help.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2008, 07:54:10 AM »
Too bad the Challenge mode require two or more members. 

Just the "Band Challenge" requires two. The other ones can be played solo.

Offline La De Da

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Spy sappn' my smile.
    • The Wooden Nut
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2008, 11:27:07 AM »
Too bad the Challenge mode require two or more members. 

Just the "Band Challenge" requires two. The other ones can be played solo.
Yeah, I found it after the fact.  :p

Joystiq found a goofy vocal bug.  Remember, cheating only hurts your pride, but not the Gamerscore from the looks of it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:33:59 AM by La De Da »