Author Topic: CLUE: Online (Game 2 - Solved)  (Read 16094 times)

Offline Didit

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
CLUE: Online (Game 2 - Solved)
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:01:56 PM »
As you all have been made aware Dr. Black was recently found murder in his own mansion!  We must solve this horrible crime before the police find out! 

The layout of the mansion is bellow:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Miss Scarlet you may begin the investigation.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 03:33:44 PM by Didit »

anais.jude

Re: CLUE: Online (Game 2 - Started)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 07:33:23 PM »
Um, where am I?

Offline Didit

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 07:38:51 PM »
A1 - The red square

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:14:39 PM »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:20:58 PM by Jinto »

anais.jude

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:31:41 PM »
Okie Doke. I want to go to the Hall. And, being in the hall, I am going to ponder over many a forgotten volume of my lost Lenore

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:58 PM »
The Scarlet one has already been hitting the sauce!
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 04:57:23 AM »
As long as she doesn't touch the bust of Pallas above the library door everything will be fine. It's an exquisite example of second century BCE marble work and I would hate to see it soiled with finger prints.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:03:35 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 08:14:16 AM »
Okie Doke. I want to go to the Hall. And, being in the hall, I am going to ponder over many a forgotten volume of my lost Lenore

um. getting to the Hall from A2 would require 12 moves. you only get 9 each turn. so would you like to say you are now at square H8 on the board, heading to the Hall?

also, the game board has scarlet marked at A1, which would be wrong. scarlet starts at A2.

anais.jude

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 08:33:09 AM »
How does getting to the Hall require 12 moves? There is a door at E8

And our moderator told me Scarlett starts at A1, so let's just keep it that way
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:35:34 AM by anais.jude »

Offline whthat

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 08:46:53 AM »
Whoops sorry about that goof.  Shouldn't be a huge issues though since Scarlet can get to the Hall and make a suggestion their anyway from her correct starting location,

Board update

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 09:17:22 AM »
Whoops sorry about that goof.  Shouldn't be a huge issues though since Scarlet can get to the Hall and make a suggestion their anyway from her correct starting location,

Board update
How does getting to the Hall require 12 moves? There is a door at E8.

A2 is where Scarlet starts, and there is no door to the Hall on that side that can be reached in 9 moves or under. She could, however, reach the Lounge in 8 moves. In fact, you'll notice (if you bothered to look) that every player has 8 exact moves to a room from their starting position (with the exception of Plum who has 7 moves to reach the closest room), which means no player has enough moves to make a suggestion in round 1, but only in round 2 from the room they reached in round 1, or a room they get called to as a result of a suggestion.

But if Scarlet starts at A1, she can both move AND make a suggestion in the same, beginning turn (6 moves to reach the Hall or Study, 3 left over to make a suggestion), whereas no other player can do so, resulting in Scarlett having the ability to make 2 suggestions before anyone else gets their first suggestion.

Nothing I can say in my defense except I play this game a lot (well simpsons version)...

So, does this mean that despite "playing a lot" you're just incompetent?

And our moderator told me Scarlett starts at A1, so let's just keep it that way

Or were you hoping no one else would notice so that you could exploit the advantage?

Given that you didn't even realise you had enough moves left to make a suggestion from an erroneous starting position (6 moves + 3 left over as I already mentioned), I guess I'll vote for incompetent.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:08:48 AM by Jinto »

Offline Didit

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 09:52:18 AM »
Since Scarlet didn't make a suggestion this turn I don't see their being issue.  Ms. Scarlet will be able to make a suggestion from the Hall next turn just as she would be able to from the normal starting spot.

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 10:13:32 AM »
Since Scarlet didn't make a suggestion this turn I don't see their being issue.  Ms. Scarlet will be able to make a suggestion from the Hall next turn just as she would be able to from the normal starting spot.

If she's determined to reach the Hall first, then sure, she could move to H8 on turn 1, then on her next turn she would require only 3 moves more to reach the Hall and be able to make a suggestion on round 2 anyway. So, sure, that works out to the same result.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:22:05 AM by Jinto »

Offline Didit

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »
Fine: Ms. Scarlet do you want to be a H8 on your way to the Hall (being able to get there and make a suggestion next turn) or get into the Lounge?

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 01:03:29 PM »
Well, while we're waiting on Miss Scarlet to get un-lost in the mansion, I'm sure we can let Colonel Mustard go ahead and take his turn, and keep this ball rolling.