Author Topic: would it be possible to watch rifftrax on my xbox 360?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline grandpathong

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
would it be possible to watch rifftrax on my xbox 360?
« on: June 23, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »
i just found out about both rifftrax and cinematic titanic, absolutely awesome that mike and some of the mst3k crew have gotten back together to make fun of movies, and that joel and the rest of the crew doing the same thing with cinematic titanic.

my friends and i occasionally sit around and watch mst3k on my xbox 360 (actually my 360 is my dvd player), and we were planning on watching some rifftrax movies as well, but i realized that i have no idea of how starting an mp3 and a dvd at the same time on my 360, or even on a normal dvd player, would be possible, and if it was i'd have no damn idea of how to do it. you can put music and mp3's on your xbox 360 but so far as i know there's no way to start playing one at the same time as a dvd starts, you have to go through all these menus and start the playlist, etc. i have no idea of how you'd be able to sync them up.

so, would it be possible to watch a movie with rifftrax on my xbox 360?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 641
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Rifftrax Covers
Re: would it be possible to watch rifftrax on my xbox 360?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 04:28:45 PM »
so, would it be possible to watch a movie with rifftrax on my xbox 360?

You would not be able to play the MP3 and the DVD on the X-Box at the same time.

Offline OmegaR!

• Big Montana
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 04:35:03 PM »
I use a pair of computer speakers and plug them into my ipod,
then lug that around to whatever DVD player I want...

You could watch the DVD on your Xbox, but you need a seperate way to listen to the RiffTrax

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »

You could also reauthor your own files, complete with both the movie and Rifftrax audio... then store that file on your Xbox. I mean, i think you can do that. I don't really have a 360 myself.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:00:18 AM »
The way I have my 360 hooked up I can share my windows files to my 360. Just hook up my computer to my 360. If you make/overwrite a file to have the rifftrax already synced up you could just watch it like that.
Round about now! Since they say! I am the sexiest man in Jamaica!

Offline grandpathong

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 01:21:03 PM »
The way I have my 360 hooked up I can share my windows files to my 360. Just hook up my computer to my 360. If you make/overwrite a file to have the rifftrax already synced up you could just watch it like that.
wouldn't i need to have vista to do that?

i'm not the biggest expert on dvds so sorry if this is a dumb question, but would there typically be a "commentary" folder or something where i could put the mp3?

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 01:48:54 PM »
I have xp and I could do it fine. You can make any folder you want and drag whatever files to it. I don't know what people use to sync their dvd's with their rifftrax, but if you did that, it would just be a matter of hooking your pc up to your 360 and problem solved there. I have a friend that hooks all that up for me myself because I'm not the most computer savvy person either.
Round about now! Since they say! I am the sexiest man in Jamaica!

Offline requieminadream

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • FUCKING DOUGHNUT! MOCK ME? YOU FRIED CYCLOPS!
    • DVD Talk
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 02:02:14 PM »
What others have said, rip your DVD to your PC and splice the Rifftrax together with the movie. I'm sure there are tutorials on this site. Unfortunately it's not as easy as dropping the file into a folder.
And death shall have no dominion...

Offline grandpathong

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 08:16:44 AM »
ooof, alright, i'll get looking for a tutorial... any idea where one would be?

Offline OmegaR!

• Big Montana
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 07:50:05 PM »
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,413.0.html

Here, I've used the main guide and ran into very little problems, after a few tries you should get the hang of it, its not as difficult as it seems