Author Topic: Name the most stupid thing about the Star Wars Prequels.  (Read 28935 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Name the most stupid thing about the Star Wars Prequels.
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »
hehhe too true, but maybe everyone else is in construction.  they build ships the size of continents and at least two battle stations the size of small moons, there has got be like a couple hundred WORLDS involved in resources and building of those things. 

Offline MaGurk

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Have you seen this cat? Because it is awesome!
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2010, 11:16:41 AM »
Out of the many outrageous blunders of these 3 films, the one I have the most problem with is Padme dying in child birth.  How can Leia remember her being "very beautiful, kind, but sad" if she died within seconds of her being born? 

Yeah, I know this is old, but I just found this place...

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2010, 11:48:02 AM »
unless they can grow more than they can conscript. 

But why bother? Why not let the burden of raising kids be on the humble citizens of the Empire instead of cloning facilities? It's just way less efficient.  Besides which, they were growing what...500,000 Clones in Star Wars 2? With "a million more on the way"? Does this strike anybody as an absurdly small number of troops for a GALACTIC-scale conflict?

I dont buy that the Empire did span the entire galaxy.  Especially since there are planets described as"beyond the outer rim".  They are certainly not beyond the out rim of the galaxy, most likely beyond the outer rim of the republic.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2010, 12:23:50 PM »
Still they do say that the republic and hence the empire are made up of thousands of systems.  I really don't buy that one and half million troops would be enough to patrole that.

I think the dumbest part is that Ankin goes from nice guy to child killer over a dream and then says that "from my point of view the Jedi are evil!" what point of view would that be?  How many children and people trying to surender did the jedi kill.  Did the jedi set up a huge war that killed millions?!  This is the guy that Lucas is now trying to make the hero of all six movies talking!  YOU'RE AN IDIOT LUCAS!

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »
Still they do say that the republic and hence the empire are made up of thousands of systems.  I really don't buy that one and half million troops would be enough to patrole that.

I think the dumbest part is that Ankin goes from nice guy to child killer over a dream and then says that "from my point of view the Jedi are evil!" what point of view would that be?  How many children and people trying to surender did the jedi kill.  Did the jedi set up a huge war that killed millions?!  This is the guy that Lucas is now trying to make the hero of all six movies talking!  YOU'RE AN IDIOT LUCAS!

What's really interesting is that Lucasfilm has Anakin, the child killer, as the star of a program on Cartoon Network that's ostensibly for kids. But it takes place right before he kills the "younglings", so that makes it ok. 

Doctor Who?

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »

What's really interesting is that Lucasfilm has Anakin, the child killer, as the star of a program on Cartoon Network that's ostensibly for kids. But it takes place right before he kills the "younglings", so that makes it ok. 

Maybe next they can make a cartoon about Hitler that takes place six months before he started killing Jews.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »
Maybe next they can make a cartoon about Hitler that takes place six months before he started killing Jews.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2010, 05:14:55 PM »

Well, if you look at it that way, then the OT kinda sucks too because Vader gets redeemed at the end, just because he changed his mind.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Not the whole OT - just Revenge/Return of the Jedi.  I still think that was after someone said that if Luke was Lucas' "alter ego" then what was he saying about his own Dad in these movies....

Doctor Who?

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2010, 05:35:08 PM »
Well i look at it thins way he had to die in order to get redeemed so he did pay for his crime in the end.  That is more then you get in some of today's movies,just look at Sandman at the end of Spiderman 3 or Magneto at the end of Xmen 3.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2010, 06:24:51 PM »
What about all the guards in his prison?

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2010, 06:54:24 PM »
What about all the guards in his prison?

Well, okay, so a couple more. Let's be generous and say 6.

How many did Vader kill? More than 6.  By a factor of 10 or 20, I'd say.

Yeah....on whose head do those deaths on Alderaan fall ultimately?  Tarkin only - because he gave the order?  Tarkin and Vader - because he did nothing to stop it?  Everyone on the Death Star who wasn't a prisoner?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2010, 07:28:17 PM »
Tarkin.  It was his idea to do it ("Perhaps she would respond to an alternative form of persuasion"), and his was the command of the Death Star.  Vader warned him that the Emperor needed to be consulted since Alderaan was one of the "foremost of the inner systems," and Tarkin bristled at the suggestion.*

*In the Radio Series, which I consider to be canon.

Me too.

I have to wonder why tarkin was given command of the most powerful weapon in the galaxy when Vadar was the Emporror's right hand man.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2010, 07:35:34 PM »
I guess but then Vader seems to be in command of the whole galaxy in the next movie.  Did he go to night shcool to learn how to plan stradegy inbetween movies?

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2010, 07:48:14 PM »
Tarkin.  It was his idea to do it ("Perhaps she would respond to an alternative form of persuasion"), and his was the command of the Death Star.  Vader warned him that the Emperor needed to be consulted since Alderaan was one of the "foremost of the inner systems," and Tarkin bristled at the suggestion.*

*In the Radio Series, which I consider to be canon.

Me too.

I have to wonder why tarkin was given command of the most powerful weapon in the galaxy when Vadar was the Emporror's right hand man.

Because Tarkin was a strategist and a thinker.  Vader was an enforcer.

Because Lucas wasn't thinking that far ahead.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »
I guess but then Vader seems to be in command of the whole galaxy in the next movie.  Did he go to night shcool to learn how to plan stradegy inbetween movies?

Nah--Vader has a simple task in the next movie: Find Luke.   It's one he's suited for--he's probably quite a good bloodhound.  Tarkin's task was a lot more difficult: end the rebellion, maintain order.

Man I was hoping to see the Vader night school movie the next time Lucas needed cash.  There is an action figure I would buy.