login

Author Topic: NEW ICP Unappreciation thread  (Read 5514 times)

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
Re: NEW ICP Unappreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 10:37:52 AM »
Eminem DOES have mic skills.  I'd like to see him battle any of the clowns that ICP can throw at them and he would DESTROY THEM.

He stole his "skills" from rappers infinitely more talented than him. Just as Limp Bizkit stole their style from bands in the rap-metal genre, Eminem ripped off more talented underground rap, horrorcore and acid rap performers. Eminem has NO skill! His "skill" is to rip-off Esham and Cage Kennylz!

And while ICP can probably freestyle better than Eminem (I have no idea), let's just remember that "free-styling" is not always a representation of how much talent one has. Remember Ice-T: "I got no time on the mic to play." I don't care if a person can quickly improvise "dirty" variations on Dr. Suess books. I'd rather listen to old school rappers or underground rappers than listen to the kind of MTV bullshit that you enjoy.

Don't flatter yourself either, Isasc.  I didn't start this to "bait" you at  all.  I did so because I knew if I started talking about it again in one of your threads that you'd resort to the final solution of deleting it since you can't stand people being right, and you being wrong.

I deleted the "what are you listening to" thread because of too many idiots like you coming in and bitching instead of posting what you were actually listening to, or discussing music. There's a reason that my thread doesn't exist anymore and Torgo's deleting posts that don't have anything to do with music from the new thread. You, Ingrown Asshair, and pop-brat, or whoever that was that complained that everyone's listening to heavy metal instead of whatever he or she defines as "music" (you're all pop-brats, though) killed my thread.

And I've never had a case in which I was wrong, and others were right, but I refused to admit it. I always admit when I'm wrong, but in this case, I am not wrong, and you are not right. Shut the fuck up.

Again, NO.  I don't watch MTV.  They stopped playing music years ago anyways to start making dime-a-dozen "reality" shows.

And agin, NO.  I'm not wrong, since it's simply a matter of opinion and your opinion simply doesn't matter.  I will NEVER shut the fuck up.

Again, you miss my point. My point was directly that it is a matter of opinion whether someone likes a type of music. You are ignorant because you refuse to believe that anyone else's opinion matters, and instead believe that anyone who disagrees with your opinions on whatever bands you hate is one of the "dumbest people on Earth".

My opinion matters as much as yours. Claiming that my opinion "simply doesn't matter" makes you as much of a dickhead as I've made you out to be.

(You DON'T watch MTV? You could have fooled me. "Eminem's got mad skills, yo." ::))

Oh and if I were to use your "logic" then I should delete all your posts in this thread simply because it's called the "ICP Unappreciation thread" and all you've been doing is sucking them off in here.  But I'm going to be the bigger man and leave them here, not be a whiny little bitch like you and just delete anything that I disagree with.

How much inbreeding did it take to produce you? Does it only go to your father and his sister, or are they also the product of siblings fucking?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 10:27:13 PM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 11:17:26 AM »
I would take these guys at full volume 24-7 over 1 ICP song:

[yt=425,350]NXYnvXavpDg[/yt]

Thanks for posting a link to that.. just found another band to investigate further. Judging by the first song I heard on their myspace, they're fans of John Zorn.

Go to http://squelchers.com/ they have tons of MP3s to download.  Before the Laundry Room Squelchers the "band" was Scraping Teeth. Frank "Rat Bastard" Falestra is an old timer on the Miami music scene. They would play every thursday night at Churchill's Hideaway in Little Haiti and it was always fun to watch the uninitiated go running for the door when they started playing with their hands on their ears. There was also a recent article about him in Vice Magazine which is why I had them on my mind when I posted that you tube.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 04:35:21 AM »
When I first heard ICP I didn't think they were anything special, either especially good or especially bad.  They were just kind of there.  Okay, I don't like hip-hop, so I didn't feel the need to look any closer.  Then, being a wrestling fan, I ended up seeing them all over wrestling events as they hopped from promotion to promotion doing live concerts in the ring, providing their songs as entrance themes, and occasionally even wrestling.

I came to the following conclusions for myself.

As a recorded performance in a studio they sound about as good as any other hip-hop I've heard.  Their voices are unique, but they don't really stand out in any way of quality to me (then again, I'm the last person to judge the quality of this genre)

As a live act...damn they suck.  Every time I heard them perform their song live as opposed to just hearing a studio recording they sounded absolutely nothing like their albums and quite often their performance would degenerate to them waving their arms and hoarsely yelling "HANDS LIKE DIS" at the crowd for five minutes straight.

They are also absolutely shitty as wrestlers.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline James of LinHood

• Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 06:13:06 AM »
Back when I was in high school I listened to ICP and had a few of their albums.  But by the time I graduated high school I grew out of them.

That's not to say that I don't like any of thier music anymore.  There's one song of theirs that I still like.  Other than that, I really don't care for them.

As far as Juggalos go I've never really had any positive experiences with the few that I've met.  All were immature jackasses.  That's not to say that all Juggalos are like that.  That's just been my experience with them.

(You DON'T watch MTV? You could have fooled me. "Eminem's got mad skills, yo." ::))

Yes, because if you appreciate Eminem then you MUST watch MTV.   ;)
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Thorns of Crimson Death

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 05:54:52 PM »

YES. Thank you sir.  You actually get what I'm saying and don't need a fucking map drawn out for you like Isaac.  Thanks for the post as well and your opinion on ICP.  All are welcome.
A spell was cast and the sky turned red.  The Angel's heart froze to ice.  Roses of blood from an innocent soul.  On the plain lies an Angel dead.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
When I first heard ICP I didn't think they were anything special, either especially good or especially bad.  They were just kind of there.  Okay, I don't like hip-hop, so I didn't feel the need to look any closer.  Then, being a wrestling fan, I ended up seeing them all over wrestling events as they hopped from promotion to promotion doing live concerts in the ring, providing their songs as entrance themes, and occasionally even wrestling.

I came to the following conclusions for myself.

As a recorded performance in a studio they sound about as good as any other hip-hop I've heard.  Their voices are unique, but they don't really stand out in any way of quality to me (then again, I'm the last person to judge the quality of this genre)

As a live act...damn they suck.  Every time I heard them perform their song live as opposed to just hearing a studio recording they sounded absolutely nothing like their albums and quite often their performance would degenerate to them waving their arms and hoarsely yelling "HANDS LIKE DIS" at the crowd for five minutes straight.

Yeah, that would be the point of a live performance. Otherwise, why would one even go to a concert in the first place? I personally think that ICP's concerts are very energetic and entertaining, though I am basing this on watching them on DVD, not from actually being there. I don't really live in an area that gets a lot of highly-requested performers, and I probably wouldn't even afford to go to a concert anyway.

I'm not that big of a wrestling fan, but I don't think that they're "shitty". They weren't professionally trained. Their style is based in backyard rings. Considering the amount of professional rings they've wrestled in, they're probably the best in their style.

Back when I was in high school I listened to ICP and had a few of their albums.  But by the time I graduated high school I grew out of them.

That's not to say that I don't like any of thier music anymore.  There's one song of theirs that I still like.  Other than that, I really don't care for them.

As far as Juggalos go I've never really had any positive experiences with the few that I've met.  All were immature jackasses.  That's not to say that all Juggalos are like that.  That's just been my experience with them.

Yeah, no, not all juggalos are utterly fantastic. There are a lot of juggalos out there, and they're all different. Take a look at this little piece from Amazon.com. It's very beautiful.

a mother's story, January 16, 2005
By    juggalette37 "donna" (alabama) - See all my reviews
My son, Christopher Colt Kelley, was murdered on December 21, 2001. He was 15 years old and he was a real Juggalo. He used to try and get me to play ICP cd's all the time whenever we were riding in the car together and I wouldn't listen to them. When he was murdered I took the time to sit and listen to what he was in to. I haven't stopped listening to ICP yet. I met Violent J once before Shangri-La came out and I told him all about my son. He held my hand and told me in these words that I will never forget, "You should not be sad that he is gone, you should always look at it like this, whenever it rains, that's him Raining Diamonds down on you." Then Shangri-La dropped and I heard It Rains Diamonds...and I could not stop crying. Now I am a 37 year old Juggalette and I'll be that way 'til I'm dead in the ground. My son was buried with an ICP shirt on and a Hatchetman round his neck. And I plan on going the same way. Everyone has their own thoughts about ICP and the Dark Carnival...but if you're not a true Juggalo....you'll never get it. MCL and R.I.P. Colt....we miss you.

YES. Thank you sir.  You actually get what I'm saying and don't need a fucking map drawn out for you like Isaac.  Thanks for the post as well and your opinion on ICP.  All are welcome.

The only reason that I keep saying that you're an MTV brat is because I know that it pisses you off, because you know it's true. And you proved this by not responding to my last post. ;D

Eminem is a product. There is absolutely nothing original about his style. He stole the styles of better underground rappers and watered them down for the masses. This is who Eminem desperately wants to be:
[yt=425,350]dfsqvQ4f8Ao[/yt]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:44:59 AM by Isaac »

Offline Thorns of Crimson Death

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 07:03:57 PM »

YES. Thank you sir.  You actually get what I'm saying and don't need a fucking map drawn out for you like Isaac.

The only reason that I keep saying that you're an MTV brat is because I know that it pisses you off, because you know it's true. And you proved this by not responding to my last post. ;D

Eminem is a product. There is absolutely nothing original about his style. He stole the styles of better underground rappers and watered them down for the masses. This is who Eminem desperately wants to be:

NOPE.  You couldn't be more wrong and I'm growing bored by how you just keep repeating yourself every time. I didn't respond to your last post regarding MTV because it was unnecessary.  MTV is complete shit, just like you.  I'm officially done with your pathetic ass so feel free to say whatever you want in regards to me, I'm not going to acknowledge any of it.  I'm too busy watching the Celtics murder the Laker's as it is bitch.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:10:32 PM by Thorns of Crimson Death »
A spell was cast and the sky turned red.  The Angel's heart froze to ice.  Roses of blood from an innocent soul.  On the plain lies an Angel dead.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 06:10:35 AM »

YES. Thank you sir.  You actually get what I'm saying and don't need a fucking map drawn out for you like Isaac.

NOPE.  You couldn't be more wrong and I'm growing bored by how you just keep repeating yourself every time. I didn't respond to your last post regarding MTV because it was unnecessary.  MTV is complete shit, just like you.  I'm officially done with your pathetic ass so feel free to say whatever you want in regards to me, I'm not going to acknowledge any of it.  I'm too busy watching the Celtics murder the Laker's as it is bitch.

I bet you're still bummed that one of your favorite rappers, Ill Bill, is a juggalo, right? ::)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:49:45 PM by Isaac »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 07:01:50 PM »

Yeah, that would be the point of a live performance. Otherwise, why would one even go to a concert in the first place? I personally think that ICP's concerts are very energetic and entertaining, though I am basing this on watching them on DVD, not from actually being there. I don't really live in an area that gets a lot of highly-requested performers, and I probably wouldn't even afford to go to a concert anyway.

I'm not that big of a wrestling fan, but I don't think that they're "shitty". They weren't professionally trained. Their style is based in backyard rings. Considering the amount of professional rings they've wrestled in, they're probably the best in their style.

My point about the live performances was not really just that the didn't sound like the recording, but that everything passable about their performance was manufactured in a studio.  When I heard them live, they sounded horrible like they had always just recovered from laryngitis and might have been forgetting their own lyrics.  Granted I was watching them on a wrestling show that wasn't set up with live singing in mind, but I don't see how those voices could have been made to sound good.

As far as the "backyard" style of wrestling, I personally think that was the problem, yes.  They had a backyard style and mentality but were trying to work for the biggest wrestling companies in the country.  Didn't work.  As far as being the "best" in a backyard style, that's not high praise because all it takes to be a backyard wrestler is the willingness to do incredibly stupid things.  They should never have been allowed to wrestle with professionals, the only possible results are:
1-let the backyard wrestlers do the stupid things that could easily injure them or their opponents in needless ways
2-take those stupid things away and reveal all the things they don't know how to do.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 06:03:33 AM »

My point about the live performances was not really just that the didn't sound like the recording, but that everything passable about their performance was manufactured in a studio.  When I heard them live, they sounded horrible like they had always just recovered from laryngitis and might have been forgetting their own lyrics.  Granted I was watching them on a wrestling show that wasn't set up with live singing in mind, but I don't see how those voices could have been made to sound good.

As far as the "backyard" style of wrestling, I personally think that was the problem, yes.  They had a backyard style and mentality but were trying to work for the biggest wrestling companies in the country.  Didn't work.  As far as being the "best" in a backyard style, that's not high praise because all it takes to be a backyard wrestler is the willingness to do incredibly stupid things.  They should never have been allowed to wrestle with professionals, the only possible results are:
1-let the backyard wrestlers do the stupid things that could easily injure them or their opponents in needless ways
2-take those stupid things away and reveal all the things they don't know how to do.

The two live DVDs I've seen didn't have any of the problems that you described. They might have been on an off day, and the set-up probably wasn't best-suited for a musical performance, either.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 12:21:57 PM by Isaac »