Author Topic: Paperbackswap.com  (Read 5636 times)

anais.jude

Re: Paperbackswap.com
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »
yea. One day, when i have a more permament place to live, I will keep more of my books

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 04:39:52 AM »
Oh no I didn't say that but I've never read a book I've not wanted to keep, I might change my mind on it :)

I'm guessing you've never had to MOVE, have you?   ;)  Moving all your crap across country really forces you to reevaluate what you should actually hang on to.  If it's been sitting in the attic or basement for more than ten years, you aren't ever going to look at it again, in reality.  I can't tell you how many comics I got rid of when we moved.  I don't miss them. 

I know what you mean, though.  I get attached to certain books and I'd never part with them.  However just looking through my collection I found a couple of dozen I knew I'd never read again, it was easy to list those.  Might as well give someone else a chance to enjoy them.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 05:07:27 AM »
Oh no I didn't say that but I've never read a book I've not wanted to keep, I might change my mind on it :)

I'm guessing you've never had to MOVE, have you?   ;)  Moving all your crap across country really forces you to reevaluate what you should actually hang on to.  If it's been sitting in the attic or basement for more than ten years, you aren't ever going to look at it again, in reality.  I can't tell you how many comics I got rid of when we moved.  I don't miss them. 

Try moving across the Atlantic Ocean ;) and I still kept all my books. :) I did discard a few free weights and a sit up bench.

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 05:12:07 AM »

Try moving across the Atlantic Ocean ;) and I still kept all my books. :) I did discard a few free weights and a sit up bench.

Well that's dedication to your books, I'll give you that!  One thing I discovered in a hurry, books are heavy!  And they take up a hell of a lot of room in a moving van.  Most of the books we've got listed up there right now are paperbacks my wife bought.  Nora Roberts and stuff like that.  Believe me, they are disposable.

anais.jude

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 05:50:35 AM »
Ohhhhh SNAP!

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 02:25:57 AM »

anais.jude

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 07:57:35 AM »