login

Author Topic: Sample!!!  (Read 9316 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
Sample!!!
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:57:06 AM »
Already posted in the 20Q's thread...but for the sake of laziness/continuity here's easy access:

<a href="http://www.rifftrax.com/misc/flvplayer.swf?file=rtmp://rifftraxfvs.cdnetworks.us/rifftraxfvs/flashstream/&amp;id=X-Files_Sample&amp;width=500&amp;height=330&amp;overstretch=fit&amp;volume=100&amp;autostart=false&amp;type=rtmp&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.rifftrax.com/misc/flvplayer.swf?file=rtmp://rifftraxfvs.cdnetworks.us/rifftraxfvs/flashstream/&amp;id=X-Files_Sample&amp;width=500&amp;height=330&amp;overstretch=fit&amp;volume=100&amp;autostart=false&amp;type=rtmp&amp;</a>
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Sample!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »
Looks good! I wish I didn't work nights on Tuesdays! Or I wish Riffs were released on Mondays!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline skenderberg

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
    • War of the Colossal Fan Guide
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:00:34 PM »
I wish more places carried this movie.  It took several calls to find it, and now I have to drive all the way across town tonight to pick up a copy.  A friendly video store employee says they'll be holding it behind the counter for me.
I thought I was Dale.

Offline Imper1um

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:37:11 PM »
Did anyone realize it's this portion of the movie is same clip they used in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Summer Blockbuster Review?

Damn it, I can't get that song out of my head now...

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 01:46:41 PM »
Did anyone realize it's this portion of the movie is same clip they used in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Summer Blockbuster Review?

Bill actually asked us to use this clip because of the MST3K link.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline skenderberg

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 01:50:23 PM »
It's up now.  I'm impressed that no one started whining that it wasn't up earlier.  Is that a rifftrax first?
I thought I was Dale.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »
It's up now.  I'm impressed that no one started whining that it wasn't up earlier.  Is that a rifftrax first?

You didn't see my post above?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »

Yes

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 02:41:38 PM »
I hereby demand the next title now, so that doesn't happen again.  Looking forward to this one.  Glad to have Mary Jo back.

Janitor

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:46:26 PM »

Yes

Well that sinks it. I'm building a time machine so I can go back and whine. I'll call it the "Crush Conors Dream Machine."

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »

Yes

Well that sinks it. I'm building a time machine so I can go back and whine. I'll call it the "Crush Conors Dream Machine."

That's totally what I'm naming my band.

Offline skenderberg

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 07:10:11 PM »

You didn't see my post above?

I assume you mean this post.

Looks good! I wish I didn't work nights on Tuesdays! Or I wish Riffs were released on Mondays!

If this is supposed to be whining, then you really suck at it.  Maybe you need to practice more.
I thought I was Dale.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 09:09:58 PM »

If this is supposed to be whining, then you really suck at it.  Maybe you need to practice more.

Heh! Maybe I do.

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 10:27:56 PM »
I wish more places carried this movie.  It took several calls to find it, and now I have to drive all the way across town tonight to pick up a copy.  A friendly video store employee says they'll be holding it behind the counter for me.

I ended up buying a copy off on Amazon for fifty cents.  Less than four dollars shipped, cheaper than a rental.  Of course, now I've got yet another DVD in my collection that I'll never watch again but I've done dumber things for Rifftrax.  I'm looking forward to watching the riffed version tomorrow.

Offline MyStars!

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • I sing whenever I sing whenever I sing
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 12:40:58 PM »

I ended up buying a copy off on Amazon for fifty cents.  Less than four dollars shipped, cheaper than a rental.  Of course, now I've got yet another DVD in my collection that I'll never watch again but I've done dumber things for Rifftrax.  I'm looking forward to watching the riffed version tomorrow.

I may have to do the same thing, and have done the same in the past.  I don't mind spending a few extra bucks on a used DVD if the RiffTrax for it is good, since I tend to watch them with the riffing more than once.  And the sample is so good, it feels like a must-see.  But NetFlix has the movie as a "long wait" and God only knows when they'll have it available.