login

Author Topic: Sample!!!  (Read 9591 times)

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
Re: Sample!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »

I ended up buying a copy off on Amazon for fifty cents.  Less than four dollars shipped, cheaper than a rental.  Of course, now I've got yet another DVD in my collection that I'll never watch again but I've done dumber things for Rifftrax.  I'm looking forward to watching the riffed version tomorrow.

I may have to do the same thing, and have done the same in the past.  I don't mind spending a few extra bucks on a used DVD if the RiffTrax for it is good, since I tend to watch them with the riffing more than once.  And the sample is so good, it feels like a must-see.  But NetFlix has the movie as a "long wait" and God only knows when they'll have it available.

Well I've watched it and the riff is definitely worth the purchase.  Bill and MJ do a great job.  I remember now why I only watched this movie once, way back when it came out in the theaters.

Offline Imper1um

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »

I ended up buying a copy off on Amazon for fifty cents.  Less than four dollars shipped, cheaper than a rental.  Of course, now I've got yet another DVD in my collection that I'll never watch again but I've done dumber things for Rifftrax.  I'm looking forward to watching the riffed version tomorrow.

I may have to do the same thing, and have done the same in the past.  I don't mind spending a few extra bucks on a used DVD if the RiffTrax for it is good, since I tend to watch them with the riffing more than once.  And the sample is so good, it feels like a must-see.  But NetFlix has the movie as a "long wait" and God only knows when they'll have it available.

Well I've watched it and the riff is definitely worth the purchase.  Bill and MJ do a great job.  I remember now why I only watched this movie once, way back when it came out in the theaters.

Oh, cmon, you don't just LOVE the Mumbling of words over and over again, never understanding what they are saying?

I turned on the Closed Captions on one X-Files Show once and it went "Skully, .... .. . .... ... .... aliens and you know that .... .. . . .. .. will stop at nothing to hide it." I'm serious too...

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 07:57:01 AM »
Holy cow, I forgot that this show featured the two gawddamn dullest people I've ever seen  :o

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 12:57:29 PM »

Oh, cmon, you don't just LOVE the Mumbling of words over and over again, never understanding what they are saying?

I turned on the Closed Captions on one X-Files Show once and it went "Skully, .... .. . .... ... .... aliens and you know that .... .. . . .. .. will stop at nothing to hide it." I'm serious too...

It's almost as bad as Jeff Golfblum explaining chaos theory in Jurassic Park.  ;)

Offline MyStars!

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • I sing whenever I sing whenever I sing
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »

It's almost as bad as Jeff Golfblum explaining chaos theory in Jurassic Park.  ;)

Nah, it's worse than that, because Goldblum was just one guy, while, in this one, we have two bland characters - among others - spouting constant exposition. And the chaos theory at least made sense!