login

Author Topic: MST3k Panel at Comic-Con!  (Read 31756 times)

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
Re: MST3k Panel at Comic-Con!
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 02:32:19 PM »
No, the panel is the night before the live show (at least, it is today.)

I suspect you'll have to get into the panel the old-fashioned way:  Finding the ballroom and standing in a massive line for half an eternity.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 02:32:27 PM »
The panel is a Comic-con event. So you need a pass to the con.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »
The panel is a Comic-con event. So you need a pass to the con.

Gotcha.  I figured, but this is my first Con, I don't know how these shennanigans work.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 02:35:28 PM »
www.rifftrax.com/rifftraxlive

Is there supposed to be info on that page on where to get tickets to this panel?  Or am I not seeing it on account of my dumbness?
Maybe the panel is at the live "Plan 9" show.....?

No, the panel is at Comic-Con, which means to get in you have to have a pass to the Con for that day. The live Rifftrax event is a separate entity that will be offsite...I think there was some misunderstanding/mislinking going on earlier. To get tickets for Comic-Con itself, go here: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.shtml (you can get all 4 days or days individually)

Also, for first time attendees - show up for the panel WELL in advance.

To purchase tickets for the Live Rifftrax Show go to the link torgo posted.

Edit: Yeah, what Torso said! (Jesus I'm slow on the replies...you guys work too quick!  :angry: )
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:37:47 PM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure that in the past the four day passes and the passes for the busiest day (Saturday? i think) were sold out by the time the con started, probably several days in advance.  They also increase in price as it goes, so it makes no sense to wait to buy your pass.  If you're stuck, you can always try to buy a pass off someone who isn't coming back, but since it's such an early event, you might not have much luck. 

And remember:

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »

Is there supposed to be info on that page on where to get tickets to this panel?  Or am I not seeing it on account of my dumbness?

Oh yeah, whoops. Thought he was talking about the live show tickets. Uhhh durrrrrrr.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 03:57:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure that in the past the four day passes and the passes for the busiest day (Saturday? i think) were sold out by the time the con started, probably several days in advance.  They also increase in price as it goes, so it makes no sense to wait to buy your pass.  If you're stuck, you can always try to buy a pass off someone who isn't coming back, but since it's such an early event, you might not have much luck. 

Oh yeah, definitely buy passes for the Con ASAP, I was talking about queuing up for the panel itself well in advance...the lines can be pretty insane.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 11:40:29 AM »
Argh, this just makes me even more pissed I won't be at the con this year. I'm sure when I got next year there will some "According to Jim/Two and a Half Men" panel I'll be forced to sit through as punishment.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 02:29:32 PM by majorjoe23 »

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »
Since the con doesn't clear out the rooms after each panel it's possible to go to the room where the MST3K panel will take place, sit in on the panels in that room, and stay there until the MST3K panel.  That way you'll have a guaranteed seat for the panel.  The only downside to this is that you could get stuck sitting through some boring panels beforehand.  But, if you've got time, I highly suggest that you do this.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »

All this talk of the sold-out Convention, waiting in lines for hours and massively packed ballrooms is already tripping out my claustrophobia. I'm pretty sure that i won't be making it this time, but if i did i'd have to stock up on paper bags just to help me breathe. Either that, or i'd just skip the Con stuff and head straight to the meet-up... which sounds like a lot of fun!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline James of LinHood

• Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 10:45:55 AM »
Either that, or i'd just skip the Con stuff and head straight to the meet-up... which sounds like a lot of fun!

It would be great if you could make it to the meet-up.  IMO, the more people that come to that, the better.  Just let me know so I can add your name to the list of meet-up attendees!
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline samisweirdout

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
    • Sam's Fun Time Website!
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 09:18:47 PM »
Will Bridget be there as well?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »
Will Bridget be there as well?

Hmm, not sure. She wasn't really a major cast member, despite being a writer and having some characters she played. I'll ask next time I see her.

Janitor

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »

Oh yeah, whoops. Thought he was talking about the live show tickets. Uhhh durrrrrrr.

Yup. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but wow. Just wow.

Offline doggans

• Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 06:41:17 PM »
Holy freaking crap.

I can only imagine nobody's going to go easy on Jim for the cartoons. :P