Author Topic: Children of Men: The Series  (Read 954 times)

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
Children of Men: The Series
« on: March 28, 2008, 04:07:03 AM »

"Bionic Woman" executive producer David Eick told SCI FI Wire that he's working on a pilot script for a proposed TV series based on a PD James' novel "Children of Men," which also inspired Alfonso Cuaron's 2006 film of the same name.

"It's really taking root more in the origins of the novels in that it will focus on the cultural movement in which young people become the society's utter focus," said Eick. "Much like our culture, whenever Lindsay Lohan does something [and] it becomes the headline of every news show, it's about how, when you don't have a responsibility to the next generation and you're free to do whatever you want, where do you draw the line?"

Eick added that "Children of Men" will question how society defines responsibility, freedom and a sense of values when it doesn't necessarily believe humans will survive as a species. "So it's a very compelling, I think, human question that science fiction has always explored extremely provocatively," he said. "It's not really a war show like the movie was. It's more an exploration of that issue."

Eick is writing "Children of Men" now, even as he closes out SCI FI Channel's original series "Battlestar Galactica" and prepares for production on SCI FI's recently green-lighted prequel series "Caprica." Eick's "Bionic Woman," meanwhile, has been canceled by NBC.

flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
Re: Children of Men: The Series
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 06:37:45 AM »
The movie was brilliant, but I chalk that up to Alfonso Cuaron more than anything.  But BSG is great too, so I guess this has a chance of being decent.  I don't like his quote about the film being a "war show", because it definitely wasn't.  Sure, it has some of those elements, but the film was just as much a meditation on the issues he's talking about.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 09:53:25 AM »
"Bionic Woman" executive producer
Nuff said. Nuff said.

No, really. Nuff said.

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 07:11:37 AM »
"Bionic Woman" executive producer
Nuff said. Nuff said.

No, really. Nuff said.

I know that nuff was said, but that sounds like it has some real promise.  Sounds like an episode of Sliders.
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx