Author Topic: The next CT release will be...  (Read 11825 times)

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
Re: The next CT release will be...
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 10:26:29 AM »
Slow as molasses.

"Due to extremely high demand, some of our customers are experiencing slow download times. We are working to resolve this issue and will update this status message when the have it resolved. Thanks for your patience. "

Extremely high demand? You don't say.

Haha.  Don't you think they would've learned their lesson after the demand for the last one?  Wow.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 766
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 10:32:40 AM »

Ah, they do?  I had no clue since I've had an account with them for years.

Yup:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 10:38:42 AM »
Thanks for the info MrTorso.  Paypal locked down my account because my email changed and my bank account # changed, and I can't be bothered to call them and sit on hold for an hour.  I'll just use my credit card through them.

Yay for pressed discs!
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3896
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »
Well, so long as my DVD arrives in the 3-5 days as specified during the checkout (and the only shipping option available ::) ) I'm Happy! ;D

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 11:04:07 AM »
Slow as molasses.

"Due to extremely high demand, some of our customers are experiencing slow download times. We are working to resolve this issue and will update this status message when the have it resolved. Thanks for your patience. "

Extremely high demand? You don't say.

Haha.  Don't you think they would've learned their lesson after the demand for the last one?  Wow.

Only "some" customers are getting slowed down?  I wonder how some customers are not?

I've been trying to order the download for an hour and it keeps going offline before it gets to the payment confirmation step.  Guess I'll try tomorrow and see if they got more bandwidth or better servers online....

Update: just tried again and they took it down, message up now:

Due to extremely high demand, we had to temporarily take Doomsday off-line. For now, you can still buy a hard DVD from Cinematic Titanic. We are working to resolve this issue and will update this status message as soon as we've fixed it. Thanks for your patience.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 05:45:01 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 766
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »
Now it says:

Due to extremely high demand, we had to temporarily take Doomsday off-line. For now, you can still buy a hard DVD from Cinematic Titanic. We are working to resolve this issue and will update this status message as soon as we've fixed it. Thanks for your patience.

Ouch!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3896
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 06:01:50 PM »
As if 7 months wasn't long enough of a wait.. ::)

Glad I went the 'snail mail' route.. 8)

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 06:02:52 PM »
I hope that just means that new downloads can't be started and not that they'll cut off downloads halfway through.  :speechless:

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008, 08:04:52 PM »
My download stalled/failed at 89.4% and it says I need to contact customer service. 

I'll have to try it finish it tomorrow and hope that they'll let me.

Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 10:56:17 AM »
Got an email today from EzTakes saying it's back up, and that any downloads that got interrupted should be able to finish...

Even though I ordered the hard copy last night I'm trying the download again today, so far it's going pretty fast.

Offline skenderberg

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
    • War of the Colossal Fan Guide
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 11:38:24 AM »
Got an email today from EzTakes saying it's back up, and that any downloads that got interrupted should be able to finish...

Even though I ordered the hard copy last night I'm trying the download again today, so far it's going pretty fast.
I ordered a hard copy.  If EZTakes gets slammed again it will probably melt down all over again.  Their best hope is that all the early adopters will be confused by yesterday's message and only come back a few at a time.
I thought I was Dale.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 11:59:06 AM »

I ordered a hard copy.  If EZTakes gets slammed again it will probably melt down all over again.  Their best hope is that all the early adopters will be confused by yesterday's message and only come back a few at a time.

My download got to 98% and failed, trying one more time, this time the speed is about 1/2 what it was before.

Update:  Finished downloading this time, burning now....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:38:11 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »