Author Topic: If you could change a stinger....  (Read 694 times)

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
If you could change a stinger....
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:14:42 AM »
What episodes do you think they picked the wrong clip for the stinger? And what would you put in it's place?

For me the one that comes to mind first is Hobgoblins. All it is is a shot of them driving the golf cart. Odd yes but I think two other moments would be better.

1. Road Rash (who i think looks a tiny bit like Kevin M.) holding up the HIT sign. Just a bizzare little moment.

2. When Nick shows up and the weird girl does her little hip shake and he does the pelvic thrusts. This to me is the perfect stinger. Just so freakishly bizzare and funny at the same time.

Village of the Giants: They had a tribute to Frank Zappawho had recently died. That is fine for a few months of airing, but now it looks dated. I'd replace the dedication and add the Duck Dance scene with the tail wagging. That is one scene that really sticks out in my mind and I haven't watched it in years!

The one episode that should never be changed is It Conquered the World with the whole "He learned almost to late that man is a feeling creature..." speech

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:23:46 AM by Rattrap007 »

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: If you could change a stinger....
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »
Atomic Brain - for those who have only ever seen the stingerless Rhino copy the stinger was the "Mexican" girl screaming.

I'd replace that either with the shot of Bea near the end where she's trying to make her way through the hallway and pulls off her bandage showing her "injury"....or the bit from "What About Juvenile Delinquency?" that starts in close up of the doughy guy as he's being pulled back from the camera by the punks.  Look on his face is priceless.

Parts: The Clonus Horror - should have been Lobotomized Lena turning to the camera.

Hobgoblins definately could have done better...like your ideas.

Janitor

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 02:18:35 PM »
If I could change a stinger, it'd be Mixed Up Zombies. They have Ray Dennis' friend jibbering on about god knows what, but I would have gone with the clip from the hypno-fever dream where some creepy girl is right up on the camera, she looks up "Jerry?" she looks right "Jerry?" she looks directly at the camera "Jerry! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

A perfect stinger, Werewolf.

[yt=425,350]uMYyws_PoP0[/yt]

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »
Pod People is a toss up between the "It Stinks" they have and the I'm a Virgin Guy's "Good? He's the best..."