2 (5%)
1 (2.5%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Rank-A-Ring  (Read 8847 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Rank-A-Ring
« on: May 24, 2008, 11:12:13 PM »
Didn't see one yet, but I couldn't wait any longer to vote.   ;D

I went with the full ten here, this was just far too good a riff on what must have been a difficult target to give them less.  I mean, other than the fact that the movie was just so long, you also have to deal with it being the middle (and in my opinion most boring) of a trilogy.  It could have been very easy to slip into the same jokes as the first or to trail off in quality, but this one was a big improvement on the Fellowship riff, which I already thought was funny as hell.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:49:47 PM by RoninFox »
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Rank-A-Ring
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:40:04 AM »
If it was a 10, I would have died of laughter in the 3rd hour. Fortunately, it was a rock solid nine. :^)

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 07:03:18 AM »
Could only give this one a seven.  I re-watched the Fellowship riff several days before seeing this one, and Towers was an obvious step down in quality from that one.  Had its laugh-out-loud moments, as usual, but a fair number of jokes were flat, and a few downright uncomfortable (Birth of a Hobbit Nation?  Eek.)

I was really pulling for them to do this riff.  I'll start reining in those urges now:  I'm not as good at picking a winner as I thought.  Darn.

P.S.  The sample, though, was perfectly chosen.  Likely the best sequence of the movie.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:07:02 AM by Scrivener »
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2641
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 10:39:47 AM »
Could only give this one a seven.  I re-watched the Fellowship riff several days before seeing this one, and Towers was an obvious step down in quality from that one.  Had its laugh-out-loud moments, as usual, but a fair number of jokes were flat, and a few downright uncomfortable (Birth of a Hobbit Nation?  Eek.)

Just shows how personal comedy is, more of the jokes in this one hit home with me than the first one.

Also depends on what shows/movies you've seen, if I had not seen Full Metal Jacket a few months ago I would not have understood the "this sword, like any other" lines. 

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »
I'm giving it a nine, great riffing throughout.    The Fellowship riff never did anything for me, it seemed to me like they took it too easy on the movie.  I enjoy the LOTR movies but they have their goofy faults.  (For instance,how much shorter would these damn movies be if Peter Jackson didn't show every dramatic moment in slow motion?) Two Towers was a great balance of mocking and outright funny. 

I'll say this for Two Towers, while I'm at it.  Its the first time I've watched it in a few years and Gollum is still the most realistic looking CGI character ever.

Offline Dr. Whopoopeepee

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • NERDS!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 11:27:26 PM »

I was really pulling for them to do this riff.  I'll start reining in those urges now:  I'm not as good at picking a winner as I thought.  Darn.

P.S.  The sample, though, was perfectly chosen.  Likely the best sequence of the movie.

Birth of a Hobbit Nation had me howling!  I also loved the "maggotty bread" line.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 09:58:31 AM »
Definitely brought their A game... Perfect 10!

Offline MyStars!

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • I sing whenever I sing whenever I sing
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 12:24:19 PM »
I give it a 10, too.  I really enjoyed it, although I think "Fellowship" was a little better.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 12:25:08 PM »
Solid 9 :highfive:

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 01:10:21 PM »
8....if I could stay awake through all the walking to Mordor it might rate higher.
On timeout

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »

I'm with you Scrivner.  Just watched this.  Enough hilarity scattered throughout to make it a worthy trax but Fellowship kept me laughing more consistently. Plus, I love when they riff on Gandalf, and there was way more of him in the first movie.

Offline Waluigi

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 09:33:20 AM »
I give this Rifftrax a 9.5 (rounded it up to a 10), I love the LOTR movies & Mike, Bill, & Kevin delivered the goods in this one. I hope they do Return of the King soon.

Offline not so bad really

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 01:09:49 PM »
I give this one a 10. The jokes plentiful and absolutely hilarious. I can't wait for Return of the King.

Offline not so bad really

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 01:12:31 PM »
"Welp, it's a black dawn, shadow a'doom clutches m'soul."

Offline Terror from the year 5000

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Rifftrax fan...FROM THE YEAR 5000!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »
9! Funny as hell, but not as good as Fellowship.