login

Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 10006 times)

Offline ebeth

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Why 9 Gars?
    • Anti-Affirmations
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 10:41:35 AM »
Having a horrible hangover yesterday I decided to watch both LOTR riffs back to back while enjoying a mind-crippling headache.  I must say, I rather enjoyed both and didn't mind the length, seeing as though I couldn't really get out of bed...DAMN YOU MILLER"S HIGH LIFE!!!...anyway if you want to talk length try watching all the documentaries on LOTR #1.  I swear to God that I put the thing on as my boyfriend left for work and when he got back home, 8 HOURS LATER, it was still on and for whatever reason I couldn't turn it off.  Not because it was riveting but because I could no longer work my legs to get up and find the remote.
I am not above projectile vomiting to get my way

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 09:56:32 PM »
There's a lot less orc-splitting than I remember although I have yet to get to the big climactic fight at the end. Surely I'm getting close an hour and forty minutes in? This was actually the only one of the three that I had in my DVD collection before rifftrax.

I can't wait for the next one when they will have to deal with the 45 minutes of closure tacked on after the huge "final" battle.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 09:49:35 AM »
Right before the battle of Helm's Deep, when the old guy's arrow slips and he kills the one ork first. They cut to other orks roaring and I can't help but think" They killed Kenny! You bastards!"

It's made even funnier by the fact that that ork's helmet covers a lot of his face, like Kenny's coat.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 10:07:02 AM »
Hey!  No self riffing while watching a riff! :P
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline The Elusive Robert Denby

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 6
    • The Kraalspace
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 07:06:06 PM »
I really enjoyed it, better than the first one, if truth be told, maybe because this one had more orcs in it.  They're very good at giving "personalities" to the orcs.  I hope they soon do Return of the King, because that was the one LOTR movie that I really hated.  The other two I liked, but the third one ruined the whole thing for me.  Day-glo green ghosts, Denethor an incompetent lunatic, everyone in Gondor wetting themselves and running away, and more slow-motion photography than an acid trip.  Hated it.
Flat, drab passion meanders across the screen!

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 12:26:09 AM »
I really enjoyed it, better than the first one, if truth be told, maybe because this one had more orcs in it.  They're very good at giving "personalities" to the orcs.  I hope they soon do Return of the King, because that was the one LOTR movie that I really hated.  The other two I liked, but the third one ruined the whole thing for me.  Day-glo green ghosts, Denethor an incompetent lunatic, everyone in Gondor wetting themselves and running away, and more slow-motion photography than an acid trip.  Hated it.

Denethor wasn't nuts in the book? I am sad now.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Offline The Elusive Robert Denby

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 6
    • The Kraalspace
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 03:33:19 AM »
Denethor wasn't nuts in the book? I am sad now.
Well, not like THAT.  He only went nuts right at the end, when Faramir was injured.  Before that, he was a very competent commander, and quite level-headed.  Jackson just took all his good qualities and gave them to Gandalf, like he took all Gondor's good qualities and gave them to Rohan.  What was left was really quite silly.
Flat, drab passion meanders across the screen!

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 04:13:22 AM »
RotK was less pleasant to me for one major reason- IT HAD LIKE 20 ENDINGS! GAHH!

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 10:25:38 AM »
May I ask you what the gremplork is wrong with day-glo green ghosts? Would you prefer them to be puce, or fireball fuschia? Would that make you happy?  >:(
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 09:01:13 PM »
Yeah!

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 05:50:05 AM »
Yeah!

whoa, what happened to Slimer?

that doesn't look anything like him

flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 09:04:22 PM »
I was really impressed with this one. It had a very "fun" feel to it and plenty of funny lines. I really liked how natural a lot of it came-off - as if they were making it up as they went. The .riff file was perfectly in sync every time I wanted to resync it as well. It didn't have a feeling of fatigue to it like some of the riffs get. This one had a lot of impressions and they were done well.

I'd recommend this one to anyone sitting on the fence, it picks up steam as it progresses, but I wouldn't recommend watching it all in one sitting.

I've been pretty picky about the riffs lately so take my compliments as really meaning something.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 09:04:31 PM »
I'm about half way through and it's a pretty good one so far.  The riff doesn't seem to be making the movie go any faster though.  We were about an hour and fifteen minutes in and already looking forward to the end of the movie. I don't think this riff will bring repeat viewings to our household.

Same feeling here. The Fellowship of the Ring will definitely see repeats, though. That riff had everyone in stiches; T2T is long, drawn out, and quite frankly full of many unfunny moments.  :(

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 09:55:52 PM »
I have to hand it to Rifftrax - I'd never have been able to watch the LoTRses, Star Warses, or Harry Potters if they'd not been Riffed.  Not only is some of the best humour here but now I actually know these films that I felt I was the only one on Earth to have never bothered watching.  This made them tolerable!
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot