Author Topic: This has only Tangentally to do with the Trax...  (Read 4817 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
This has only Tangentally to do with the Trax...
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »
From the BBC:

Star treatment for orphan lemur 

Gollum clings to a stuffed toy as if it is his real mother
Staff at a safari park near Stirling have been hand-rearing a baby lemur after it was rejected by his mother.
The week-old ring-tailed lemur has been christened "Gollum" by staff at Blair Drummond Safari Park.

He weighed just 1.8oz and measured 4in in length when he was born, so staff are feeding him every two hours on baby milk to build up his strength.

A mother would normally carry a baby lemur on her back for the first few weeks of its life.

Gollum, named after a character in Lord of the Rings, has been following his natural instincts by clinging on to a soft toy in his enclosure.

The ring-tailed lemur, like all other lemurs, is found only in the wild on the island of Madagascar, but is the most common of the species to be found in zoos worldwide.

Okay, everyone. Sing it with me!

Gollum the Lemur, the friend to Mankind, our  furry sort of monkey friend who really does shine!

Look, it's almost a four day weekend. I'm a bit punchy right now, okay?

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
Re: This has only Tangentally to do with the Trax...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:49:17 PM »
They REALLY should have headlined that "My precious . . ." The picture just screams it!
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: This has only Tangentally to do with the Trax...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:49:30 PM »
I'd have named him Joey.
Member, ICWXP Info Club